PDA

View Full Version : abit launches AW9D Seriesw Dual x16 PCIe

sabersix1
08-17-06, 11:55 PM
Intel 975X Chipset motherboards built for Core™ 2 Duo and beyond.

Thats right, 975X mobos that are both Conroe and Quad-Core Ready and that will have Dual x16 PCIe Slots (32 Lanes) for Graphics.
AND GET THIS:

Mark, a bright new star in the abit engineering department, says: "I really like abit's µ Guru overclocking features on this board and playing with the engineering samples I've managed to OC to 470 FSB using a 6800XE Core™ 2 Duo. The BIOS has plenty of options for adjusting FSB, tweaking voltages and controlling stability. It's truly an amazing overclocking motherboard ... I love it!"

OVERCLOCKED to 470MHz FSB! And MAYBE Hacked SLI x16! WOW!

Read More here: http://www2.abit.com.tw/page/en/news/newspop.php?pDOCNO=en_0608162
"the way of the warrior" :D

crainger
08-18-06, 12:13 AM
When it says Nivida dual graphics do they mean SLI or just cards such as the 7950GX2?

sabersix1
08-18-06, 12:43 AM
I am not sure, but I think they are implying that in the future (If NVIDIA and INTEL KISS-UP) that SLI might be supported. I think any Mainboard with a single PCI-Express can get support for the Dual-GPU 7950 GX2 with just a BIOS Update. ;0

crainger
08-18-06, 12:58 AM
I am not sure, but I think they are implying that in the future (If NVIDIA and INTEL KISS-UP) that SLI might be supported. I think any Mainboard with a single PCI-Express can get support for the Dual-GPU 7950 GX2 with just a BIOS Update. ;0

I hope so. This board looks pretty good. Would be great to have the option of SLI or Crossfire. Though I can't really see me needing that option NV FTW!