PDA

View Full Version : widescreen scaling

Imbroglio
08-18-06, 01:14 AM
finally getting to play with my vx2025wm and absolutely love it, except when i go into nvidia control panel (91.31 drivers) and try to select anything other than use display's built in scaling it automatically reverts back to that option.... i thought i had read the this monitor did not take care of it's own scaling and that it needed to be taken care of via drivers

Xion X2
08-18-06, 08:18 AM
Welcome to the VX2025WM club. :)

As for the scaling, sorry, but I've never messed with it. What does that accomplish?

Imbroglio
08-18-06, 10:06 AM
thanks, it's a great monitor :) when using a fixed aspect ratio, it puts black bars on the sides of the game so that the image is not stretched to span the screen. but when i try to change it as such in the nvidia control panel it automatically reverts back to display scaling, so i guess i'll just play in windowed mode.

gid
08-18-06, 12:30 PM
I just got a vx2025wm this tuesday and love it as well, beautiful monitor after I tweaked the colors down a fair amount.

Powering it with vid dvi with a 6800gt using the 91.31 driver. I'm also driving a 19" samsung lcd on the analog video out.

The fixed aspect ratio scaling works fine so far for me, not sure what your problem is, maybe it's an SLI issue? Just tried it with oblivion, and it works great--although the game does seem to run slower (running it at 1024x768), but it has been awhile, and maybe it always ran this slow.

One thing I noticed, my gpu core is running at like 108 deg C after exiting--kinda crazy. Maybe this is why ut2k4 is crashing more often.