PDA

View Full Version : Widescreen with FX 5200?

kaylie
08-18-06, 03:07 AM
I would like to get a 19" widescreen monitor but I was wondering if my computer/video card can support the 1440x900 resolution.

When I'm in the nVidia control panel for my current monitor (BenQ FP531) the max resolution is 1028x768.

My video card: GeForce FX 5200 128 mb
Driver: 91.33
Widescreen Monitor: Samsung 940BW http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=340151&pfp=external&tabtype=ts#ts

Thanks. :D

Slammin
08-18-06, 05:00 AM
My "guess", even though you haven't listed your pc specs is that you will not be able to game at that res with any amount of eye candy turned on with that vid card.

EverGreen
08-18-06, 06:18 AM
My "guess", even though you haven't listed your pc specs is that you will not be able to game at that res with any amount of eye candy turned on with that vid card.
ROFL, this not based at your other HW, it still depends if the card FX5200 could handle with the 1440x960 format or 16:10 widescreen config.

For Kylie:

Just look in the driver mod.txt nfo for your fx5200 card, if there stood the right 1440x960 between it could work, the same to look inside your vid-driver stettings, if your card can be setup at 16:10 widescreen or 1440X960 @ 60 hz, if so then you can simple buy a widescreen, if not then you need buy another tft screen or get another new vid-card.

EverGreen.

Slammin
08-18-06, 02:05 PM
What's so funny about my response? I guess to put it another way; even if that card could do that res, I don't think that card, regardless of other hardware, will be able to provide decent results with even a little eye candy turned no. Get it?

EverGreen
08-18-06, 04:19 PM
What's so funny about my response? I guess to put it another way; even if that card could do that res, I don't think that card, regardless of other hardware, will be able to provide decent results with even a little eye candy turned no. Get it?

ROFL again ...

sharangad
08-18-06, 05:17 PM

What makes you think he wants to play games on it? He might just want it for watching videos and posting in forums. He just wants to know whether the 5200 can drive the display at that resolution. He never said he wanted to play games at that resolution or specify the level of eye candy he wanted. If he were a hardcore games I pretty much doubt he'd be having an FX 5200.

kaylie
08-18-06, 06:44 PM
If a widescreen won't look too good with a 5200, is there any fairly cheap video cards that will display widescreens nicely. Again, I don't play ANY games, its basically just for the internet and possibly movies.

Slammin
08-18-06, 09:54 PM
Sheeze, just trying to be helpful. When someone says "will my card support such and such res", I guess I look at it all-around, and not just at one specific, since a quick google search says all flavors of the FX5200 can do 2048x1536 Max.

Lighten up you suckas!

Slammin
08-18-06, 09:56 PM
If a widescreen won't look too good with a 5200, is there any fairly cheap video cards that will display widescreens nicely. Again, I don't play ANY games, its basically just for the internet and possibly movies.

I bet if would look fine. From what I've seen, lots of the older cards do better 2D than lots of the newer cards.

kaylie
08-19-06, 12:22 AM
I bet if would look fine. From what I've seen, lots of the older cards do better 2D than lots of the newer cards.

Alright. THank you/

EverGreen
08-19-06, 04:17 AM
Sheeze, just trying to be helpful. When someone says "will my card support such and such res", I guess I look at it all-around, and not just at one specific, since a quick google search says all flavors of the FX5200 can do 2048x1536 Max.

Lighten up you suckas!

Your help is always welcome, so just keep the things up very simple. do not make it too hard or difficult, not all guys been like you and me who are dying hard for HW Specs.
And we all not really suckas, "rofl" against your adress is NOT negative meaned, just try to see also the other way of being "positive" at your side.

;)