PDA

View Full Version : Graphic distortions with 7900 GTX SLI and Dell's 30" LCD Monitor Model: 3007WFP

Digital_Trans
08-18-06, 02:55 AM
I just purchased a Dell 30" LCD widescreen monitor model: 3007WFP.
I've discovered a few graphic distortions with SLI when running games on the massive Dell 3007WFP. First off, when running in multi gpu/sli mode certain areas of the screen will flicker and the colors will look distorted with yellow and green. Also, outside environments such as the sky looks pixelated with green like pixelated effects. So far BF2, UT2004 have had this problem. Games such as Oblivion have not encountered this problem to date when in multi gpu/sli mode. When I only use single gpu/non-sli mode I don't have any of these issues. I can play anything without the related graphic distortions.
What's the deal with SLI and the Dell 30" 3007WFP? Because I've never encountered problems when I ran in multi gpu/sli mode on my other monitor which was a Dell 24.3" LCD Model: 2405FPW

Digital_Trans
08-18-06, 03:25 AM
Thanks man, FragMagnet and me are not the only ones with this bug!

I have exact the same flickering. Some sort of a yellow flickering on grey surfaces. It works perfect without SLI or on the Apple Display with SLI.
I have this problem since the 87.xx drivers.

My only solution is to try the 84.56 drivers. This is the last working set for me.
Please report back if you found a solution.
Did you talk to nV about this already?

No, I'm still trying to find out how to correct this problem. I want everything to run in order with multi gpu/sli mode. Let me know if you get there before I do..thanks!

Digital_Trans
08-18-06, 04:22 AM
Try the 84.56, it's my only solution for now.

Okay, I'll give it a shot. This really sucks for buyers like us who spend $1000's
on high-end computer equipment and get issues with our sli/display. You woud think that Nvidia would have taken care of this by now. I hope the next driver release fixes this issue.
It's "ONE SMALL STEP FOR MAN, ONE GIANT LEAP FOR CONVERTING BACK TO OLD DRIVERS TO CORRECT THE SLI DISPLAY PROBLEMS AND finally.....reverse psychology For Nvidia. Doesn't that make since? LMAO!!!!!(nana2)

nV`andrew
08-18-06, 12:11 PM
no, dell just sucks :D

Rieper
08-18-06, 12:37 PM
Maybe not exactly related to your situation...but, this guy built a Geforce 7950 GX2 Quad-SLI setup and is using a Dell 3007:
http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTEzNywzLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

So far, no issues have been reported, other than the a handful of D3D games which aren't showing much improvement.

Digital_Trans
08-19-06, 02:20 AM
no, dell just sucks :D

It's 100% Nvidia's Drivers Not Dell.

Digital_Trans
08-19-06, 02:22 AM
Try the 84.56, it's my only solution for now.

v84.56 x64 did fix my problem thanks. Do you know when Nvidia plans on releasing
a set of new x64 drivers for the 7900 series? And does this only happen on x64 systems or on both x64 and 32-Bit?

Digital_Trans
08-19-06, 09:30 AM
I'm using 32-Bit.
I have this problem since the 87.xx and there is still no fix for that!
Will you contact nV?

Yes, I'm going to contact Nvidia soon. Now that I know that it's happening on both 32-bit and x64 that's a big problem.

Digital_Trans
08-21-06, 09:32 AM
I e-mailed nvidia today. I'm just waiting for a reply back.

Aragorn_CY
08-21-06, 11:10 AM
Hi ,

I used to have 2 7900GTX cards. Same day i bought them i noticed that i had many problems with the cards. I tried Call of Duty 2, Battlefield 2 and other several games and all had problems. Problems like artifacts, colour changes, etc.

I sent both cards back (after reading on the net that many people were facing the same problems as me with these cards) and ordered me 2 nice 7950GTX. No problems with these cards.

Hope you find a solution with the issues you are facing .

Digital_Trans
08-21-06, 12:27 PM
Right, I'm going to wait for the G80 Series to come out. Or if Nividia releases a rock solid driver I'll be good. I really want the G90 series before I upgrade again. Only time will tell.

Digital_Trans
08-22-06, 06:43 AM
Thanks man. Please report back.

Nvidia replied back to me. Their answer, drivers. I replied back informing them
that I was already using the lastest Forceware driver release for Windows XP x64 Edition. At this time I'm waiting for their reply back.

Digital_Trans
08-22-06, 09:33 AM
So they didn't know that there is a problem like that :(

I hope they fix it soon.
Thanks for contacting nV!

I think they have level-1 techs that are not so tech savy as some of us here on Nvidia News. They should know and we as the consumer need to do something about it. E-mail them also and give them a very detail discription of our problem and let me know the out come. Here's their contact links.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/support_readme.html?p_sid=DzlwlJfi&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfc m93X2NudD0yNTYmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N 2PSZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_email=&p_sla=

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php?p_sid=-k7Dq4Wh&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfc m93X2NudD0yNTYmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N 2PSZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_email=&p_sla=

nekrosoft13
08-22-06, 09:47 AM
I think they have level-1 techs that are not so tech savy as some of us here on Nvidia News. They should know and we as the consumer need to do something about it. E-mail them also and give them a very detail discription of our problem and let me know the out come. Here's their contact links.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/support_readme.html?p_sid=DzlwlJfi&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfc m93X2NudD0yNTYmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N 2PSZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_email=&p_sla=

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php?p_sid=-k7Dq4Wh&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfc m93X2NudD0yNTYmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N 2PSZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_email=&p_sla=

i don't play with forms like that ;)

i go straight to source, look for press releases, or any mention of nvidia tech names, example John Doe, so e-mail would be jdoe@nvidia.com.

thats what i did few times, and usually my problem gets fixed in the next release, or two releases later ;).

Digital_Trans
08-22-06, 01:11 PM
i don't play with forms like that ;)

i go straight to source, look for press releases, or any mention of nvidia tech names, example John Doe, so e-mail would be jdoe@nvidia.com.

thats what i did few times, and usually my problem gets fixed in the next release, or two releases later ;).

Nice! You go boy! Work Smarter....Not Harded! (nana2)

Digital_Trans
08-22-06, 01:12 PM
I emailed nV too... I'll report back if I have some more information.

Great, I look forward to getting your feedback reply from Nvidia.
This problem has to be corrected and Nvidia is the only one going to be able to fix this issue.

Digital_Trans
08-26-06, 02:39 AM
Update: Nvidia Forceware driver version: 84.25 for x64 release date: April 14, 2006 Fixed all my problems. I hope Nvidia's next Forceware x64 driver release fixes known issues for both 32-Bit/x64 if it is infact a monitor/video card driver problem etc. etc. You might want to try the following link to find another driver other then the one your currently using. Forceware drivers for version: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_archive.html
Note: Please keep me updated on any replies from Nvidia on what they plan on doing to correct the problem. Thank you! :D

Sebassis
08-26-06, 08:46 AM
I think I read somewhere it was to do with 32bit floating number calculations and rounding errors which made the AA at high multipliers causing these colour issues. Wish I could remember where I saw that article. It showed 2 screenshots one with high AA and wotnots and some areas of the screen had a yellowish/green tint and on the other screenshot at a lower setting looked fine.

I may be completely wrong but hte green/yellow thing stirred a memory. I blame a misspent youth for my lack of short term meory :D

Digital_Trans
09-01-06, 10:50 PM
Did you have any luck with Nvidia's Newest driver release?
Windows XP/2000 32-bit ForceWare Release Version: 91.47 Release Date: September 1, 2006 WHQL Certified?? Let me know the out come. This away if they don't work on Windows XP 32-Bit I don't have to waste any time/effort
trying the drivers for my Windows XP x64. Please post your feedback. Thank you!

Digital_Trans
09-02-06, 05:50 AM
I tried the beta and it didn't help. But since I went with a 975X for Conroe I can only use modded drivers from now on... I have to install some games now to test if the modded drivers (85.96) are flickering - I hope not!

And nV please support the 975X too :)

Okay, good luck! I'm going to try the newest drivers and see if it corrects my problem with graphic distortions on Dell's 30" LCD Monitor.

Digital_Trans
09-03-06, 09:15 AM
After installing Nvidia's latest driver release...I'm still having the same problem with Graphic distortion on Dell's 30" LCD Monitor Model: 3007WFP when in sli-mode.
So no, It didn't fix anything. Looks like I'll have to write a very detailed email to Nvidia again and break down the driver versions and issues related to our problem.
I'm going to the top with this one.

Digital_Trans
09-07-06, 11:17 AM
Here's NVIDIA'S reply to the most resent driver problem with Graphic distortions with 7900 GTX SLI and Dell's 30" LCD Monitor Model: 3007WFP

Hello,

Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Customer Care.

I understand from your message that you are having issues with the latest version of the NVIDIA drivers.

Sir, I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. We recommend you use the drivers which is currently installed on your computer. I will forward your query to the concerned department and they will review this issue and it will be fixed in the next driver release. To be alerted by email when the next display driver is released, please sign up for the NVIDIA Newsletter from the following URL:

http://lyris01.nvidia.com/NvRegister/frmLoginRegister.asp

If you have any further queries then, please free to contact us.

Regards,
NVIDIA Customer Care.

tommo123
09-12-06, 12:13 PM
I tried the beta and it didn't help. But since I went with a 975X for Conroe I can only use modded drivers from now on... I have to install some games now to test if the modded drivers (85.96) are flickering - I hope not!

And nV please support the 975X too :)

would that include the bad axe mobo? why is it not supported? sorry for taking this OT