PDA

View Full Version : Latest RedSteel Interview and screens

Marvel_us
08-18-06, 09:10 AM
Check it out.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/726/726285p1.html

Edge
08-18-06, 03:11 PM
Still doesn't look very good graphically. It looks like it's a pretty far cry from the "target renders" that were first shown from the game. It's also disappointing that at this point they're STILL giving us mock-up renders from a dev box running at a higher resolution than the actual game will. Considering they only have a few months to touch up the game, I think it's obvious at this point that it's going to be a letdown graphically, which is ironic since it was supposed to be a game that showed the power of the system (but hey, target renders can give bad impressions).

Otherwise, it's too bad the article doesn't say anything about the gameplay changes they made (yes, it's with the artistic lead for the game, but he could at least drop hints like "our new gameplay tweaks flow well with the improved graphics"). I really don't care as much about how you're modeling Mama San as I do about what changes you're implimenting to the sword combat. Supposedly they're using a "follows your controller directly" system for the sword now...but other than the fact that they're working on it I haven't heard a peep. It would be nice if they'd at least confirm that they're doing that in these "interviews" (anyone else get the feeling that this was just a fancy press release rather than an interview?). And please UBIsoft, for all that is good and holy, PLEASE stop showing standups of people using the Wii controller for your games!

shungokusatsu
08-18-06, 03:18 PM
Still looks asstastic to me, they never should have released those "very close conceptual designs".

ENU291
08-18-06, 06:19 PM
If you put everything we know about the Wii into perspective this game doesn't look half bad. The actual gameplay will be the true deciding factor on weither this game will be worth the price of admission!

Acid Rain
08-18-06, 10:43 PM
If they do away with that silly "sniffing" hand, it may end up being somewhat tolerable.

Quickstar
08-23-06, 12:26 AM
This game looks horrible. I like how all the characters stand exactly the same when they shoot. So far, the Wii is a joke. I'm not paying $100+ for a new controller. As for the gameplay, it will be weak. Unless you've been a console gamer all your life. If so, its called a mouse and keyboard. I can acheive the same accuracy but with greater ease and comfort.

Zelda_fan
08-23-06, 12:44 AM
This game looks horrible. I like how all the characters stand exactly the same when they shoot. So far, the Wii is a joke. I'm not paying $100+ for a new controller. As for the gameplay, it will be weak. Unless you've been a console gamer all your life. If so, its called a mouse and keyboard. I can acheive the same accuracy but with greater ease and comfort.

So mouse and kybd are better than the Wii mote? You haven't even touched the Wii-mote so that right there pretty much makes whatever you said completely worthless. Also funny how all the reviews (from people who actually have played with the Wiimote) are saying that the wii-mote is better than the mouse/keybd.

Don't come in here with this IM uH 1337 pC gAMAR cONZOLE CONTRLS SUXXX horsecrap.

oldsk00l
08-23-06, 06:16 AM
I dunno I have to take a step back...

Gameplay trumps graphics, and this could come out being a winner. The phong lighting is xbox-ish but it may go overlooked as you play through. Hopefully when you try it out the gameplay sucks you in, and I have a feeling it will.

Quickstar
08-23-06, 05:29 PM
Yea well I've seen the Wii remote in action. Nothing special. There's nothing to it. Here I'll give you a tutorial to teach you how the Wii remote will work. Pick up your TV remote and some other random object. Now sit there and move your remote up and down, left and right as if you were playing a FPS. Now do that for 20 min. You dont even need anything in your hand to imagine how it would feel. Just use your imagination.

And my favorite. The gameplay vs graphics argument. Let me tell you something mister. It all adds up to immersion and the fun factor. Graphics enhance gameplay and gameplay creates fun. Games are about immersion and keyboard and mouse is so easy for me, I don't even have to think about it. I just think about the game im playing.

Quickstar
08-23-06, 05:55 PM
Found it! This was when Nintendo thought graphics were important. So cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sucuxXU2U-g

ralinn
08-23-06, 06:31 PM
Oh Quickstar,

The more I read your posts the more angry I get. I really shouldn't, I've got better things to think about. But your blindfolded one sided comments are enough to make a saint explode with rage and kill random puppies. :)

A forum this may be, yes. And everyone has a right to an opinion... but still... /shakes fist

Zelda_fan
08-23-06, 11:42 PM
Yea well I've seen the Wii remote in action. Nothing special. There's nothing to it. Here I'll give you a tutorial to teach you how the Wii remote will work. Pick up your TV remote and some other random object. Now sit there and move your remote up and down, left and right as if you were playing a FPS. Now do that for 20 min. You dont even need anything in your hand to imagine how it would feel. Just use your imagination.

And my favorite. The gameplay vs graphics argument. Let me tell you something mister. It all adds up to immersion and the fun factor. Graphics enhance gameplay and gameplay creates fun. Games are about immersion and keyboard and mouse is so easy for me, I don't even have to think about it. I just think about the game im playing.

You know you are absolutly right. Graphics trump gameplay in every possible form. I mean, games with those lame 2D graphics like Chrono Trigger, Baldur's Gate II, Final Fantasy IV, Super Mario World, yeah, you're right suck-ola. Let's forget the fact that they each sold millions of copies, and are considered some of the greatest games of all time, they have lame graphics so they suck.

The poly-count, resolution, shader effects - none of that matters. Good graphics are about art direction. Obviously the Wii dosen't have the horsepower that the 360 does. But I love the way Zelda TP and Mario Galexy look. They have great art direction, and THAT is what adds to the immersion of the game.

You have no ****ing clue what the Wii mote is like in action. Everyone in the industry who has used it has said it's amazing. Then we have Quickstar the nvNews half-wit who's never touched it and says it sucks. Hmm... who am I going to trust.

|MaguS|
08-24-06, 07:10 AM
You know you are absolutly right. Graphics trump gameplay in every possible form. I mean, games with those lame 2D graphics like Chrono Trigger, Baldur's Gate II, Final Fantasy IV, Super Mario World, yeah, you're right suck-ola. Let's forget the fact that they each sold millions of copies, and are considered some of the greatest games of all time

Let us not forget that all those titles at the time of their launch were graphically equal or superior to current games of the time. I mean You either had Earthbound or CT to compare graphics and CT was far better looking (both good RPGs though)...

ralinn
08-24-06, 08:53 AM
Maybe games like Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, Advanced Wars/DS, Luminies (however you spell it), Shadow of the colossus (although not visually spectacular, still made made me "wow" in areas, and is probably one of the best games ever made), DMC/3, Warioware, Yoshi touch and go, Okami and Resident Evil 4 would be better examples of Gameplay over GFX. All fantastic, addictive and innovative (maybe Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 not so innovative but still amazingly addictive and fun).

Oh, where would we be without Capcom/Clover, Nintendo and Sony :)