PDA

View Full Version : FS: Intel Core 2 Duo (Conroe) E6700 CPU [CANADA]

Igor01
08-18-06, 11:18 AM
The chip is an ES (Engineering Sample) with the multiplier unlocked from 10 down, Stepping 4, QLL0. Selling because I got a good deal on an E6800.

Now reduced to Cad $700 shipped via next business day courier in Canada. No stock heatsink/fan included, you'll probably wanna use a better one anyways. Email me at igort at sympatico .ca (delete spaces, change "at" to "@"). No trades, please.

#######################################

Technical blurb for those who want/care:

I've had it run stable at 3.3 GHz at 1.375V vcore with idle temps in mid 30's and full load in low 50's. Upping vcore gives better results (tried up to 3.6 GHz at 1.625V) but I run my system 24/7 and prefer cooler temps and lower voltage for stability. I used Scythe Ninja heatsink and fan for cooling in an Antec P180 case. Full system specs are listed in my signature.

I've also tested an E6600 and found that because of the higher muliplier the E6700 allows to run RAM at faster ratios (the high FSB used with E6600 limits RAM to the 1:1 ratio in most cases), so if you have PC2-8000 you'll be able to use it at DDR2-1000 and higher.

Of course, your overclocking mileage may vary, the above results are simply to illustrate my experiences with this CPU.

Thanks for looking!

Heinz68
08-18-06, 06:17 PM
Just wondering, since NEW E6700 are selling for $666.00 CAD, why used one with voided warranty is $750 CAD.

Igor01
08-18-06, 08:19 PM
$666 with 14% tax will be $759, that is if you're lucky to even find a store that has them in stock. But yeah, I know it's not pocket change by anybody's standards.

Heinz68
08-18-06, 11:39 PM
$666 with 14% tax will be $759, that is if you're lucky to even find a store that has them in stock. But yeah, I know it's not pocket change by anybody's standards.It's funny, looks like you're charging on used CPU 14% sales tax, is that even legal on private sale:)
At least that's how you try to justify the price.
E6700 is in stock in Toronto in few stores. Just one example
http://www.pcvonline.com/ProductsSpecials.aspx?cat=CPUs
$666.00 CAD is ALL what they get, sure they charge 14% sales tax sending it to the government.
Are you going to do the same?

Major point: it's a brand NEW in Box CPU with 3 years Warranty,
not an engineering sample USED CPU, used for experimental overclocking and having void warranty and being sold for more money than a new one.

Good luck my friend.

Igor01
08-19-06, 11:05 AM
Threadcrapping is generally frowned upon, my friend.

Want to sell this quick, now only $700 shipped.

XServer
08-19-06, 01:11 PM
Kind of funny you are selling that Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 cpu for $700 When retail store sell for $550 locally,and online for $575 to $600 max and free shipping here some links.
1.http://www.etech4sale.com/hardware/partinfo-id-214983.html
2.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681911500
And they have it in stock, why would someone pay you more for a used overclocked cpu?
And yes Threadcrapping is generally frowned upon same as (overpricing stuff is to, GOING TO LAND YOU IN BAD SELLER THREAD AND BANNED.) You have been reported.

Igor01
08-19-06, 01:34 PM
@ XServer:

The Canadian prices (we do use different currency here you know) range from $666 at PCCanada(no stock) to $825 at Tigerdirect (no stock either), click here (http://www.pricenetwork.ca/search.php?search=e6700&location=Canada) to see for yourself.

For example PCCanada (the cheapest listed price) will sell them for Cad $666, after taxes this will be $759 and that after they are available (they say maybe in a week but that's what they've been saying for weeks now).

I am offereing a proven overclockable CPU that is not even available in Canada yet (we normally get stuff later than you guys in the US), at much less then what it will cost (with our wonderful retail taxes, not to mention shipping) and throwing in free next day FedEx.

You prefer a retail one with warranty - wise choice, but hardly a reason to waltz into my thread and voice your rash and uninformed opinion.

As for your "bad seller" bit - feel free to check my Heatware and you'll know that all the people I've ever dealt with were extremely satisfied. So unless you are interested to buy the CPU, please do everybody a favour and keep your keen insights to yourself. Best of luck with your wannabe mod career.

To mods: please feel free to clean up this nonesense.

Aphot
08-19-06, 02:19 PM
Local store is $690 Canadian here, and theres no stock. Seems like a good price to me.

DiscipleDOC
08-19-06, 02:24 PM
Why are you guys crapping on his thread? If you do not like the price, then don't buy it.

Mods probably need to clean this thread up...

Igor01
08-19-06, 04:33 PM
Hope a mod delete this whole thread and ban you.

I thought you'd be more creative and wish that i get mistaken for a female hyppo by a band of love-starved males of the species with bad breath, poor hygiene and truly bestial love-making habits, or at least pull off the good old "my dad can beat up your dad" routine, but you disappoint me yet again.

Thank you for transforming my otherwise boring and uneventful afternoon at the office into a refreshingly stimulating excercise, although something tells me that you're not enjoying our conversation as much as I do. C'est la vie.

EDIT: Many thanks to mods for cleaning this up!