PDA

View Full Version : Mouse button help

nV`andrew
08-18-06, 12:48 PM
Okay, i have a Logitech MX518 that i love to death and i think my brother must not have realized how fragile a computer is when he was playing BF2. (He's a big dude, and i think he clicks a little too hard) Either that or he spilled somethhing that makes thes Left mouse button kinda stick, but ont stick like syrup or something, its got that wierd kinda click to it. It clicks fine for 5 or so clicks, then gets all effed up, and then it works and so on. This happened to the right mouse button but i just played withi t and its worked fine for the last 2 months. Ive been tryin it with the Left one with no luck. Is there anyway to clean this or fix it? I have no idea about logitechs warranty, i bought this at newegg about 8 months ago, but i really dont want to wait anyways. If not, i cantj ust go pick it up at circuit city for $50...bahhh

nV`andrew
08-18-06, 02:13 PM
anybody?

Roadhog
08-18-06, 03:42 PM
try taking the mouse apart and cleaning the buttons in it.

j0j081
08-19-06, 08:50 AM
If you call Logitech support with a good story I gaurantee they will send you a new one completely free of charge. I had my G7 replaced a few months ago and the only thing wrong with it was a couple scratches it recieved while shipping from newegg. I didn't even have to send the old one back and sold it cheaply on here.

LycosV
08-19-06, 02:02 PM
If it's out of warranty or they don't want it back, tear it open and use some alcohol to clean the surfaces where the button clicks. There's probably something in there gumming up the works. Did he dunk the mouse in soda perhaps? :)

j0j081
08-20-06, 06:57 AM
I doubt a mx518 would be out of warranty yet. Wasn't released that long ago really.

nrdstrm
08-21-06, 12:55 AM
Get a Copperhead :P - OK...that wasn't helpful, I guess I don't have anything to add other than agreeing that Logitech will probably replace it if it's under warranty...

crainger
08-21-06, 01:08 AM
Carefully take it apart and lick the scroll wheel and microswitches. Probably 5-7 good licks on each switch, more on the wheel if its pretty sticky. That'll fix any spills.

nV`andrew
08-21-06, 01:11 AM
alright well i jsut dumped some alchohol on it and it still did it and after a day it freed up and works fine. tihs is strange. i like the mouse a lot and dont plan on switching since i have other things i need to buy. im sure mosto f u have switched from a mx518 or 510 to something new, what did u switch to and how was it. the mx518 is awesome but the way my pinky is supposed to rest it gives my finger cramps, but i jsut let is rest in a wierd way and i get used to it

Carefully take it apart and lick the scroll wheel and microswitches. Probably 5-7 good licks on each switch, more on the wheel if its pretty sticky. That'll fix any spills.

lmao, do u mean like with my tongue or with a cleanser lol. who knows what could be on that mouse :D (hey hey hey, not from me! lol)

nrdstrm
08-21-06, 01:21 AM
You REALLY havn't considered a Razer Copperhead? I will sell you one at discount...Just come to PC Club in Montclair bro (you live near by) Call me and I'll give you a price if your interested...By the way, We have retail 6300's, 6400's, 6600's, and OEM 6700's and 6800's... :)

Actually, shoot...I have a Razer Diamondback that is collecting dust, if you wanna try it out, let me know. I'll bring it to work and you can try it free of charge. If you like it and want it after a week, bring me 20 bucks and it's yours.... :)

crainger
08-21-06, 01:31 AM
lmao, do u mean like with my tongue or with a cleanser lol. who knows what could be on that mouse :D (hey hey hey, not from me! lol)

tongue ofcourse. you can add cleanser if you want, but I'm pretty sure it would taste bad. :D

nV`andrew
08-21-06, 01:39 AM
You REALLY havn't considered a Razer Copperhead? I will sell you one at discount...Just come to PC Club in Montclair bro (you live near by) Call me and I'll give you a price if your interested...By the way, We have retail 6300's, 6400's, 6600's, and OEM 6700's and 6800's... :)

Actually, shoot...I have a Razer Diamondback that is collecting dust, if you wanna try it out, let me know. I'll bring it to work and you can try it free of charge. If you like it and want it after a week, bring me 20 bucks and it's yours.... :)

haha thanks man. didnt realize you were in montclair, wow! sometimes i hit up the mall there so maybe i need to stop by pc club :) the conroes sound nice too, contemplating on an upgrade beofre the end of the year

oh and if im bored i mgiht try the tongue thing :D

nrdstrm
08-21-06, 01:58 AM
Cool man...come by whenever. My days off are Sunday/Monday, but this week I'll be off Friday/Sat/Sunday/Mon....We can shoot the Sh...errr..Crap...If your mouse ends up being fubared, I'll GIVE you a 510, or sell you the Diamondback for 20 bones if you like it...Either way, stop by. It will be refreshing to meet another NvNewser besides Jakup, Leetlikethat (not sure on spelling) and Lee63 (have you seen any of them, jesus, just looking at a picture scares people (JK of course)....