PDA

View Full Version : Can I use NiCd batteries from a shaver for my 360 controller?

Treason
08-18-06, 04:49 PM
My Braun shaver disintegrated thanks to a drop, but I've taken out the batteries since the shaver has only 6 months of use.

The recharge casing still works from the shaver and I'm wondering if I can use these batteries for my wireless 360 controller? I don't know what milliampage these batteries have.

S.I.N
08-18-06, 05:01 PM
Why dont you just try it? And dont forget to video tape it so we can watch it on youtube in case it explodes in your hands.

ENU291
08-18-06, 07:12 PM
The wireless controller uses 2 AA batteries. That equats to 3 volts. If the shaver used rechargable AA NiCd batteries then they should work fine with the controller.

Shamrock
08-18-06, 10:42 PM
rechargeables are only 1.2v each though, not 1.5. It might work, but it would feel weaker.

Treason
08-22-06, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the help. I threw away the shaver base and charged the shaver batteries in my 1991 NiCd battery charger for 24 hours.

So far so good, it's working.

CaptNKILL
08-22-06, 04:16 PM
Anyone here ever accidentally put standard, non rechargeable batteries into a recharger? :lol:

What a mess...

Toss3
08-22-06, 04:23 PM
Anyone here ever accidentally put standard, non rechargeable batteries into a recharger? :lol:

What a mess...

Yep, but my brother, luckily enough, noticed before they got too hot. :)

Amd about this thread - what are we going to see next, a girl asking if she can use her dildo-batteries in her Wii remote as they're pretty much the same? :o

Peoples-Agent
08-22-06, 04:55 PM
Yep, but my brother, luckily enough, noticed before they got too hot. :)

Amd about this thread - what are we going to see next, a girl asking if she can use her dildo-batteries in her Wii remote as they're pretty much the same? :o

They are pretty much the same, considering the Wii is about asmuch use as a rubber dong. Atleast the rubber dong has vibrate function. LOL