PDA

View Full Version : Soundblaster Live???

Hooligan
02-13-03, 03:06 PM
Which SB Live driver version works the best in Win XP Pro? I have the X-Gamer version and i get stutter when listening to music. I only get the stutters though when i'm working in a program or moving files..it sucks!!!

StealthHawk
02-13-03, 04:26 PM
the newest drivers...not sure what the number is though. there's an old thread somewhere in here about Sound Blaster cards and drivers.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6378

Smokey
02-14-03, 06:53 AM
I went to creative.asia and dl the latest Audigy2 drivers. Im using the .323 Audigy2 drivers with my SBLive, I didnt unistall the previous drivers, and am using the old SBLive control apnel, as the Audigy2 software doesnt install without dl a cracked driver. Some people have said that they couldnt get surround sound to work, but Im using 4.1 setup when Im not using my headphones, and I dont have any problems.

jAkUp
02-14-03, 11:15 AM
im using the cracked audigy drivers as well

Starscream
02-14-03, 01:04 PM
I've thought about installing the audigy drivers, is there really a big improvement over the last sb live drivers?

Hooligan
02-14-03, 06:35 PM
I tried the ones off the creative- asia site as well and it wouldnt work...I finally just went back to the plain drivers built into XP and they seem better than the latest release of creative drivers for the SB Live!...

I have no more static or stuttering at all :D I have the 4.1 setup and it works great...Think I'll just stick with these..Creative sucks A$$ anyways...I will never buy another creative product ever...:mad:

Greg
02-18-03, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by Hooligan
...I will never buy another creative product ever...:mad:

I second that, I will never buy another creative product. Don't ask me why, just do a net search for my posts on SBLive and Creative WebCam.