PDA

View Full Version : Uh, guys, a little help here, nothing onscreen

tbone352
08-18-06, 09:54 PM
Geez what a busy forum!
I have a problem I have never ran into before. I am working on my uncles emachine w2247(And the crowd boos!!)
The power supply went bad(SURPRISE!) and I replaced it with an Echo Star 480w. There is no video on screen, no POST, no cutesy little M$ logo nothing!
So I found an ATI 9000 video card laying around(new, never used) put that in the AGP slot and nothing.
According to the "manual"(ROTFLMM?AO) I disable the onboard video in the BIOS, I can't do that if I can't see it!
Any ideas? Try a PCI card? If I replace the mother board will the hard drive boot?(Are they formatted in a different way(like compaq[Don't get me started!]) Will the restore disc still work?
I have built my own PCs for about 10 years, I have never even seen an emachine until this one, and from what I have read, I am NOT impressed!
I want what he is drinking! (nana2)
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks

XServer
08-18-06, 11:00 PM
Geez what a busy forum!
I have a problem I have never ran into before. I am working on my uncles emachine w2247(And the crowd boos!!)
The power supply went bad(SURPRISE!) and I replaced it with an Echo Star 480w. There is no video on screen, no POST, no cutesy little M$ logo nothing!
So I found an ATI 9000 video card laying around(new, never used) put that in the AGP slot and nothing.
According to the "manual"(ROTFLMM?AO) I disable the onboard video in the BIOS, I can't do that if I can't see it!
Any ideas? Try a PCI card? If I replace the mother board will the hard drive boot?(Are they formatted in a different way(like compaq[Don't get me started!]) Will the restore disc still work?
I have built my own PCs for about 10 years, I have never even seen an emachine until this one, and from what I have read, I am NOT impressed!
I want what he is drinking! (nana2)
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
ThanksWill the restore disc still work?NO Because you are changing out motherboard. CD checks the bios before it can load.