PDA

View Full Version : Cant find profile for BFMEII...

K007
08-18-06, 11:01 PM
And if i create one..it dosen't work...45/.36(currently using). I though for sure this game might have a profile considering its backed up by nvidia..Not sure if i need one or not for the GX2 to work..but at 1280x960 ress all max settings i haven't had any slow downs...the game looks pretty amazing for staters..

The game btw does rock..alot better and i think if this is how CnC3 gonna be like..i sure as hell cant wait..

I did some searching..fps locked @ 30?..no profile for the game..Those with SLI..does it use both gpus? Cause GX2 dosen't have load balancing bards and .36 cant disable/enable multi-gpu..its enable by default..

SH64
08-20-06, 01:53 AM
Yep couldnt find a profile for either BFME or BFMEII. wierd ...

i'll try to creat a custom SLI profile for it .. hoprfully i can get something out of it!

K007
08-20-06, 02:49 AM
I created one..wont work at all..can you tell me if your load balance bars show up?..if it does then it should be ok..

Also i was playing the bad guys today and summoned balrog(sp?) and dam..his fire animation slowed my pc down alot...this was near the final mission..i run on ultra high -.-

SH64
08-20-06, 03:37 AM
I'll report back when i test a new SLI profile. i'm sure that SLI was working in BFMEI though! (performance varied , but it was working).

K007
08-21-06, 06:06 AM
According to Nvidia site http://www.slizone.com/object/slizone2_game.html Its optimsed for SLI..

K007
08-25-06, 03:43 AM
Any updates on this? I still cant fine BFME2..and i assume its using 1 GPU and i cant tell if its working properly because the dam GX2 dosen't have load balance bards or any indication..Someone with a SLI with 7900GTX or GT run this game and tell me if you a) have profile for the game and b) does the load balance bars show up and tell you its working.

wollyka
08-26-06, 11:53 AM
Hi
found those in FW 77.77 for BFME 1 in nvapps.xml but not in the new FW 9XXX
<PROFILE Label="Lord of the Ring: Battle for Middle Earth">
<APPLICATION Label="game.dat.exe" />
<PROPERTY Label="multichip_rendering_mode" Value="0x02430201" Itemtype="predefined" />
</PROFILE>

Edit:maybe i found out why they are not included in the new FW, there is a profile called EA strategy games that uses the same executables!! so it should work with BFME 1 and 2

K007
08-26-06, 01:18 PM
Ill have a look at it..but it seems strange that when i added the .exe manually it didn't give me a warning..actually i think i was adding the wrong .exe..which explains why i never got the aa / af to work via the profile i created..i think its game.exe?

edit:lotrbfme2.exe..no game.exe..checking up the profiles now..

edit:yea i see ea strat games..but that is strange..also there are no actual .exe on the file..gonna apply aa to that profile see if it works

edit:Did the trick..that is the profile for BFME2..pretty strange..wonder why they cauldn't just add individual profiles..

SH64
08-26-06, 01:33 PM
Hmm i think because the game actually runs by the game.dat file not the executable.

wollyka
08-26-06, 02:01 PM
Glad it worked! and yes all the new EA games have this game.dat..

K007
08-26-06, 08:58 PM
Its just crazy how much the GX2 can really do with this game..even at 8xAA i can run it fine -.-..but i get massive slow down when i got alot of army arround and the balrog is summoned..i think this cauld be related to the cpu..because even at 0xaa its the same result..wonder if they will put out dualcore support in CnC3..