PDA

View Full Version : Some quick help please

ChiBChombo
08-19-06, 03:11 AM
Alright, since my comp was having problems with the PSU and the motherboard, I bought a new PSU and a new Motherboard.

I'm getting a Turbo cool 1kW Psu and a A8N32-Sli Deluxe Motherboard, and also 2 eVGA 7950GX2 coming my way.. So I think I'm gonna format my comp so I dont have any problems, so this is my question.

Since I can't format my comp now because it doesn't work (PSU died, and don't have new one yet)... Can I do the following:

ONce my new stuff gets here, install the new Mobo + PSU, place the 2 video cards inside it, turn on the comp and format it right away with everything new in it. After formatted, go into windows, and download the new Mobo BIOS etc, and then install the 2 eVGAS?

Can I do that? Since the eVGAs need new BIOS for them to work on this mobo, I can't install them right after I format, so I was wondering if doing that is a good idea?

or how would you guys do it?

K007
08-19-06, 03:17 AM
If you run into problems..try installing with 1 card in it..this will most likely give out some display..enuf for you to load into windows/update..cant be for sure untill you try it..