PDA

View Full Version : FEAR Combat Audio Problems

Bman212121
08-19-06, 12:48 PM
After much searching, I can't seem to find a fix for getting the FEAR audio to work. The game doesn't load if I have audio enabled, but if I go into troubleshooting and disable sound, the game loads right up. yes I'm using the Realtek AC'97 and no I'm not getting an X-FI just to try this game out! :p (I need to fix it for 2 pcs anyway, cause they both have the same probs.)

One board is a Gigabyte GA-K8N PRO SLI and the other is a Gigabyte GA-K8NS Ultra 939.

If anyone found a working fix it would be great to know. Thanks.

Bman212121
08-19-06, 02:44 PM
Okay, I figured it out finally. I'll put it up here in case someone else has problems getting the game to run. It's an audio codec issue.

If you go start > control panel, then click on sound and audio devices, choose the hardware tab, and select audio codecs. Then choose properties, and then the properties tab.

The codec that I had to disable to get it to work was CoreFlac Audio Codec. If you click on that, choose properties, then disable, it should fix your problems.

Lazaredz
08-19-06, 04:01 PM
Okay, I figured it out finally. I'll put it up here in case someone else has problems getting the game to run. It's an audio codec issue.

If you go start > control panel, then click on sound and audio devices, choose the hardware tab, and select audio codecs. Then choose properties, and then the properties tab.

The codec that I had to disable to get it to work was CoreFlac Audio Codec. If you click on that, choose properties, then disable, it should fix your problems.

Wow. Do I even want to know HOW you figured that out?

BTW, enjoy FEAR .... its fun.