PDA

View Full Version : EA Licenses Unreal Engine 3 for Multiple Next-Gen Titles

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

SH64
08-19-06, 08:50 PM
Good news for EA lovers :D (if there are any that is .. :p)
Epic Games and EA today announced that they have entered into a license agreement for EA to adopt the Unreal Engine 3 for use in several next-generation titles that are currently under development.
“We’re obviously thrilled to license Unreal Engine 3 to EA, the world leader in our industry” said Mark Rein, Vice President, Epic Games, Inc. “They have extremely talented development teams, and we’re excited to see how they apply our technology to their high profile game projects.”
http://worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=36396&mode=thread&order=0

GamerGuyX
08-19-06, 09:00 PM
Good news for EA lovers :D (if there are any that is .. :p)

Only crappy-ass casual gamers like EA (they really know no better sadly).

Zelda_fan
08-19-06, 09:02 PM
once in a while EA puts out a good game.

Fight Night Round 3 was decent, and Project Grey Company has potential

jAkUp
08-19-06, 09:05 PM
Well since EA are publishers, there are bound to be a few decent games... I'm sure Crysis will rox :D

GamerGuyX
08-19-06, 09:09 PM
once in a while EA puts out a good game.

Fight Night Round 3 was decent, and Project Grey Company has potential

The only EA games I seem to like are made by good companies that they bought out.

Well since EA are publishers, there are bound to be a few decent games... I'm sure Crysis will rox :D

Which I will be pirating like I do with any EA related game. I don't give a damn what anybody says about the matter either.

jAkUp
08-19-06, 09:14 PM
Which I will be pirating like I do with any EA related game. I don't give a damn what anybody says about the matter either.

What gives you the right to play a game you didn't play for? If you don't want to pay, then don't play the game.

Disliking a publisher is no reason to steal.

GamerGuyX
08-19-06, 09:23 PM
What gives you the right to play a game you didn't play for? If you don't want to pay, then don't play the game.

Disliking a publisher is no reason to steal.

Is this the part where I'm suppose to feel guilty?

The beauty of it is, I have no right to play a game I didn't pay for. I understand that. I do it anyways with EA related games and EA related games only. Why? Well I guess it's because of that whole not wanting to support EA in any way shape or form thing.

Oh, oh, one more thing. Just so we are all clear, I don't expect people to agree with what I say. I honestly don't give a damn.

Anybody have any questions?

Becoming
08-19-06, 10:03 PM
Why would you screw a company like Crytek out of money just to "boycott" their publisher? Here's an idea: don't play their games if you don't like them. It's people like you that kill pc gaming for everyone else that pays for good games.

GamerGuyX
08-19-06, 10:17 PM
Why would you screw a company like Crytek out of money just to "boycott" their publisher? Here's an idea: don't play their games if you don't like them. It's people like you that kill pc gaming for everyone else that pays for good games.

*sigh*

You fail to accept the fact that I really just don't care.

If I theoretically had to take out Crytek to take EA out for good then I would. It's like that whole killing a few innocents to save a great number more kinda thing.

Oh and I do pay for all my games at full price. Just not EA related ones like I said before.

lee63
08-19-06, 10:24 PM
The only EA games I seem to like are made by good companies that they bought out.

Which I will be pirating like I do with any EA related game. I don't give a damn what anybody says about the matter either.Its nice to know we have a thief here.

GamerGuyX
08-19-06, 10:27 PM
Its nice to know we have a thief here.

I accept that title. It sounds kina cool. GamerGuyX The Thief.

Becoming
08-19-06, 10:28 PM
If I theoretically had to take out Crytek to take EA out for good then I would. It's like that whole killing a few innocents to save a great number more kinda thing.

You realize how completely retarded that sounds I hope. Making EA out to be a bad company that treats it's employees like garbage isn't hard to do (pleny of evidence to back that up). Acting like they feed us a lot of crappy games which are probably rushed (again, because of their practices regarding how they treat a lot of developers) is probably justified.

Pretending they are some giant pustule of evil that will enslave us all and that by somehow stealing games they publish instead of paying for them makes a damn bit of difference is just plain dillusional. In point of fact you are hurting whatever company actually programmed that game much more than you are hurting EA. By denying them a sale (assuming that you like the game of course and play it after stealing it) you just contribute to the problem.

You just go ahead and indulge your Che Guevara like fantasy and pretend you are some sort of backwardass internet Robin Hood though if it makes you feel better about yourself.

GamerGuyX
08-19-06, 10:30 PM
Making EA out to be a bad company that treats it's employees like garbage isn't hard to do (pleny of evidence to back that up). Acting like they feed us a lot of crappy games which are probably rushed (again, because of their practices regarding how they treat a lot of developers) is probably justified.

I agree. Which are the sole reasons why I hate them. I didn't say anybody else had to do what I say. I didn't say anybody else had to agree with me. The fact of the matter is. I don't care. Once again, is this the part where I'm suppose to feel guilty?

Next.

EDIT: Yeah and just so we are all clear I don't think of myself pirating any EA games is going to make any difference. That's not my objective or goal. I do it because I personally cannot stand the thought of buying something that has in any way shape or form to do with EA.

Edge
08-19-06, 11:28 PM
Its nice to know we have a theif here.
It probably isn't a good idea to start pointing fingers at "thieves" at Nvnews, pretty much everyone here is going to be guilty of it here for one reason or another (some without even realizing it). I don't think there's a point to dragging this on any further, if you disagree with someone's moral or legal choices, bringing it up isn't going to help anybody (although I guess we have the political forum for doing that...).

But enough of that...anyway, did anyone else cringe hearing the line "EA, the world leader in our industry" :o
Oh well, at least they aren't using renderware anymore (at least for those projects).

lee63
08-20-06, 12:42 AM
It probably isn't a good idea to start pointing fingers at "thieves" at Nvnews, pretty much everyone here is going to be guilty of it here for one reason or another (some without even realizing it). I don't think there's a point to dragging this on any further, if you disagree with someone's moral or legal choices, bringing it up isn't going to help anybody (although I guess we have the political forum for doing that...).

But enough of that...anyway, did anyone else cringe hearing the line "EA, the world leader in our industry" :o
Oh well, at least they aren't using renderware anymore (at least for those projects).
Pointing fingers, who's pointing fingers,? Im just stating a fact, he flat out said he stole from EA.

GamerGuyX
08-20-06, 12:52 AM
Pointing fingers, who's pointing fingers,? Im just stating a fact, he flat out said he stole from EA.

I haven't said that exactly.

I steal from EA.

Okay now I have. ;)

Mr_LoL
08-20-06, 02:20 AM
Well at least he is honest. I am sure most people here download music, films etc but wont admit it.

pakotlar
08-20-06, 03:19 AM
While I don't think that GamerGuyX has presented a cogent argument, the ones arguing against him are fighting a losing battle and wasting their strength. I'm sure many of you have downloaded music, copied more copies of a certain DVD than MPAA allows, or some other form of digital piracy. BTW, borrowing games from friends is the same thing. Anytime you are auditioning paid content that you did not pay for you are stealing. So for everyone who is accusing this guy of being a moral nazi, think of donning the same title.

Zelda_fan
08-20-06, 03:25 AM
BTW, borrowing games from friends is the same thing. Anytime you are auditioning paid content that you did not pay for you are stealing. So for everyone who is accusing this guy of being a moral nazi, think of donning the same title.

Actually that's not true. As long as both friends aren't playing the game at the same time you are perfectly legal. A great analogy is to treat a video game like a book. You can lend it out to someone or sell it, but just don't make copies of it.

As far as GGX is concerned... well at least he admits he is a straight up thief and doesn't try to justify it.

nrdstrm
08-20-06, 04:05 AM
Well at least he is honest. I am sure most people here download music, films etc but wont admit it.

I'm not saying I "have" or "have not" done illegal downloading. But in MY opinion, if someone downloads...hmmm...let's take music as an example. The music industry (and many will say the PC gaming industry) put out crap all the time. Say FRANK hears a song on the radio. He says "Wow, that is fantastic, I'm going to go buy the CD". He does. His next comment is "Damn, that was the only good song on the album!". In my scenario, FRANK hears a song on the radio, and downloads the album illegally. He listens to it once, and realizes it's crap. He deletes it. FRANK hears another song on the radio, and downloads the album. "Damn, that is a really good album, I'll go out and buy it". He buys it and is happy. I think with the way companies have ripped us off for so long with shoddy products, that illegal downloading is OK, if your sampling the product. The software industry has helped with this by releaseing "demo versions" (both games and apps). If there is a demo version of an album (lets say it lets you play it once, then self destructs and leaves a signature on your pc so you can't play the demo again), that would be good. I guess that was really long winded for saying GamerguyX, DON'T STEAL...If you want to try out a game to see if you like it, then grab the demo. If that isn't available and you have the "chance" to download the full game, do it, then buy it after the first few "levels" if you like it. Your "I won't support EA" theory is BullS***T...You don't like EA, then FINE...DON'T PLAY THIER GAMES...THAT IS WHAT A BOYCOTT IS!!! Just because you don't like <<insert company here>>, doesn't mean you should feel free to steal from them. One more example, GARY HATES Wallmart. GARY has tried the new fruit flavored Doritos and LOVES them. NO OTHER STORE in his area has them except wallmart. Does that make it OK for him to STEAL the Doritos? Would the police look at that any differently than if he loved Walmart? See where I'm going here?

knghtwhosaysni
08-20-06, 04:21 AM
no delete post function?

Becoming
08-20-06, 04:57 AM
As far as GGX is concerned... well at least he admits he is a straight up thief and doesn't try to justify it.

Does that mean you don't mind when you get killed by a cheater in a game as long as they are up front about it? If someone stole something out of your car would it be ok as long as they let you know they did it and don't care what you think about it?

His "honesty" is a joke along with his piss-poor empty argument about why stealing from a company is ok just because he doesn't like them.

kev13dd
08-20-06, 05:29 AM
Actually that's not true. As long as both friends aren't playing the game at the same time you are perfectly legal. A great analogy is to treat a video game like a book. You can lend it out to someone or sell it, but just don't make copies of it.
Great analogy buddy

First you claim it's illegal to both play the game at the same time

Then you say treat it like a book

How illegal is it again for two people to read the same book at the same time? When I placed my 911 call to alert the authorities about the evil law-breaking librarian who read a book outloud to a group of small children, they didn't seem to take me very serious

K

Edge
08-20-06, 07:14 AM
Well, since this thread is already a lost cause and is turning into another piracy debate, I might as well point this out. Does your entire reasoning for what's right and wrong come from whether or not something is legal? And if so, why is it you yourself have broken the law on this very forum repeatedly and then said that you haven't done anything wrong?

Conversely, why is it OK to do something that in the end accomplishes the same result when another method to do that is illegal, and the entire reason it's illegal is to keep that very thing from happening? If a person borrows a game from a friend and plays it, how is that different from pirating the game? They still end up playing a game without paying a cent to the people who made it, the only difference is that one way is legal and the other isn't. Morally, it's the same thing.

I think the problem with these debates is that people can never seem to separate morals and legality. What is legal is considered moral, and if it's moral then it must be legal. But in the end, a law is only extensions of one person's morality; they're made to keep people from doing immoral things that hurts someone in the end. However laws do not cover every circumstance of every person's lives, they are a blanket rule designed to cover the most common situations that hurt people. There are obviously times when a scenario arises that isn't covered by a law even though the law was designed to keep that very thing from happening, and there are also times when something breaks a law even though it does not infringe on the reason the law was created. I think if people honored the purpose of the law rather than the law itself, far less people would end up being hurt in the end while giving people the freedom to do things that break the law but do not disregard the basis for why the law exists.

Or you could just live in China, where you can pirate anything you want legally.

GamerGuyX
08-20-06, 11:22 AM
His "honesty" is a joke along with his piss-poor empty argument about why stealing from a company is ok just because he doesn't like them.

No here's the thing. My arguement is just this: I have no arguement. It's simple, I don't give a f*ck about what you say about the matter. I steal from EA in an unjustifiable way for my own personal and selfish goal (because I personally can't stand the thought of my money in some way going to EA).

You all seem to mitsake me for having some higher cause. Like I feel I'm trying to persuade others to do what I do or feel I'm doing the right thing. That's not it. I was just simply sharing what I do to play EA games when they come out. A lot of people here know how much I hate EA and if I was to make a comment about "oh yeah that game sucks" somebody could easily state: "How would you know? You don't buy any of their games". We'll I do know because I pirate EA games.

So that's it. Done. There is no other punch line.