PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Live Vision Camera Technology looks teh awesome!

Gaco
08-20-06, 07:10 AM
http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20060818/cifaldi_01.shtml

Some competition for the Eyetoy I must say - yay for the 360 :thumbsup:

|MaguS|
08-20-06, 09:40 AM
http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20060818/cifaldi_01.shtml

Some competition for the Wii I must say - yay for the 360 :thumbsup:

Wii? You mean PS2's EyeToy? It's IDENTICAL to EyeToy, they just are giving you a higher resolution camera...

Gaco
08-20-06, 12:40 PM
Lol yeah I did meant eyetoy ffs :o :lol:

Still I think that the technology has a lot more potential than the PS2 eyetoy at least :)

oldsk00l
08-20-06, 01:12 PM
meh
gimmick, but I do like the friends potential and team based com with it.

Bad_Boy
08-20-06, 01:19 PM
Still I think that the technology has a lot more potential than the PS2 eyetoy at least :)
maybe, but im interested in how it will compare to the eye-toy2.

|MaguS|
08-20-06, 02:19 PM

So a nextgen toy is able to do something better then a previous generations... yay?

EyeToy 2 looks far more impressive since it actually looks to be allowing NEW capablities rather then just expanding on stuff.

GamerGuyX
08-20-06, 02:23 PM
EyeToy 2 looks far more impressive since it actually looks to be allowing NEW capablities rather then just expanding on stuff.

You mean because it's a Sony PlayStation product.

|MaguS|
08-20-06, 02:25 PM
You mean because it's a Sony PlayStation product.

No because they have shown actual advancement with the EyeToy 2. X360s Camera is capable of what the origianl EyeToy has been doing at a higher resolution... nothing else really (atleast from what they have shown us so far). We have seen EyeToy 2 do new things that weren't possible before.

GamerGuyX
08-20-06, 03:26 PM
No because they have shown actual advancement with the EyeToy 2. X360s Camera is capable of what the origianl EyeToy has been doing at a higher resolution... nothing else really (atleast from what they have shown us so far). We have seen EyeToy 2 do new things that weren't possible before.

Ah yes that whole card game Nintendo-styled gimmick they had running at E3.

|MaguS|
08-20-06, 03:38 PM
Ah yes that whole card game Nintendo-styled gimmick they had running at E3.

Or maybe the other demostrations like controlling a complete 3D object in the world with another object rather then just waving your hands (aka he was able to move the duck in the tub with the camera just tracking a cup) or how about the ability to detect 3D space insted of a 2D image...

BTW Nintendo sytled gimmick? Never knew nintendo actually created a card game using their console... Sure they have pokemon but that doesn't relate to playing with cards...

I do agree that it is a gimmick and I dout I would be buying it (don't own an Eyetoy) but its funny that you X360 loyalists will defend MS on copying something but then attack Sony for doing it... Hypocrites.

GamerGuyX
08-20-06, 03:46 PM
I do agree that it is a gimmick and I dout I would be buying it (don't own an Eyetoy) but its funny that you X360 loyalists will defend MS on copying something but then attack Sony for doing it... Hypocrites.

Yeah and I like the way you come in here and feal the need to defend everything that has to do with Sony's PlayStation brand. Like your a little kid saying "Nah ah! Nah ah! Sony did it first! Nah ah! They copied! THEY COPIED! Whaaaaaaa!"

http://www.mastabeta.com/forum/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Zelda_fan
08-20-06, 03:49 PM
When push comes to shove, both the XBOX Vision Camera and the eye toy suck ass and are complete gimicks. I recommend not wasting your money on any of this junk.

GamerGuyX
08-20-06, 03:50 PM
The way in which the 360 integrates itself into Xbox Live is actually useful for me. The communication aspects of it at least. Not to mention the fact that I will no longer be required to use a downloadable Marketplace Gamer picture.

S.I.N
08-20-06, 04:27 PM
I would think its a great addition if you have friends or family in other states. My brother usually plays GRAW with a bunch of long time buds scatterd all over.

Bad_Boy
08-20-06, 05:00 PM
The way in which the 360 integrates itself into Xbox Live is actually useful for me. The communication aspects of it at least. Not to mention the fact that I will no longer be required to use a downloadable Marketplace Gamer picture.
So the way the eyetoy2's communication aspects will integrate itself into Sony's network isnt useful to ps3 owners??

GamerGuyX
08-20-06, 05:15 PM
So the way the eyetoy2's communication aspects will integrate itself into Sony's network isnt useful to ps3 owners??

When did I say otherwise?

I was replying to Zelda_fan btw.

evilchris
08-21-06, 11:15 AM
Hm an X360 based thread, with bad_Boy and magus panic-trolling. Amazing.

oldsk00l
08-21-06, 07:59 PM
Hm an X360 based thread, with bad_Boy and magus panic-trolling. Amazing.

Indeed...

Watch, this will just take a moment (unless they see the bait)...

PS3 IS UNDERPOWERED!!!

......wait for it......

Peoples-Agent
08-22-06, 12:59 AM
Indeed...

Watch, this will just take a moment (unless they see the bait)...

PS3 IS UNDERPOWERED!!!

......wait for it......

You know the PS3 aint underpowered lol

Gaco
08-22-06, 02:29 AM
Man.. I have a strong feeling that most of the dudes in here either "not impressed" with Live Vision or defending it, hasn't read the article anyway.. oh well

Namrok
08-22-06, 05:52 AM
Man.. I have a strong feeling that most of the dudes in here either "not impressed" with Live Vision or defending it, hasn't read the article anyway.. oh well

Yeah, I just finished the article and thats the feeling I'm getting too. It's use as just a video chatting peripheral is great with its integration to xbox live. The face mapping stuff for games seems like it could be interesting, but not really a selling point I think. Same goes for the gesture based game, or the games that would require a peripheral that could be tracked. A killer app might come out which really uses the gestures or the peripheral technology in an interesting way... assuming Nintendo hasn't netted all those projects.

I did find it ammusing that the Live Vision licenses the same patents as the EyeToy though :D

evilchris
08-22-06, 11:24 AM
I think it's gay. I think the headset is gay too.

brady
08-22-06, 12:30 PM
Xbox 360 sucks.

brady
08-22-06, 04:23 PM
Xbox 360 sucks.

I was just kidding guys...:o

Badboy_12345
08-23-06, 06:50 AM
the vision cam will also function with your pc which is cool if you have an old webcam or dont have one ;)