PDA

View Full Version : Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS....

$n][pErMan
08-20-06, 12:16 PM
Well I finally bit the bullet and got one of these. Better be badass! Plus I was going to get one anyway next month when I upgrade. The main reason for this thread (beside any advise you all might have for configuring it for games) is that if you yourself are thinking of getting one www.ZipZoomFly.com has it on sale Retail for $189.00. Which is by far the cheapest I have seen it. Comes with the face plate and all. Just thought I would share this great find with everyone! And those who have it please post any time saving advise you might have! :D

retsam
08-20-06, 12:26 PM
[pErMan'] please post any time saving advise you might have! :Ddont buy it.....thats my advice to you..... this card sounds great with mp3's and other music but the cracking and poping and other in game problems just anoys the **** out of me...

jAkUp
08-20-06, 12:40 PM
Well, the crackling and pops I think are exclusive to the Nforce chipset...

Digital_Trans
08-20-06, 12:54 PM
Update: All the new Creative X-Fi Series sound cards have been revised with a firmware update and sport a new black heatsink that sets on the X-Fi processor. Since creative has done this upgrade on their X-Fi series cards I'm please to say that I'm not having any cracking/popping sounds coming from my speakers. I own an nForce4 Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard. So go for it! :D If your just purchased one then you should be just fine since all cards being made/sold on the market are infact newer with the revised firmware update and heatsinks on the Creative x-fi processor.... (nana2)

-Knowledge is power! Knowing is half the battle.

$n][pErMan
08-20-06, 02:35 PM
Update: All the new Creative X-Fi Series sound cards have been revised with a firmware update and sport a new black heatsink that sets on the X-Fi processor. Since creative has done this upgrade on their X-Fi series cards I'm please to say that I'm not having any cracking/popping sounds coming from my speakers. I own an nForce4 Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard. So go for it! :D If your just purchased one then you should be just fine since all cards being made/sold on the market are infact newer with the revised firmware update and heatsinks on the Creative x-fi processor.... (nana2)

-Knowledge is power! Knowing is half the battle.
So in other words... if I get one without a heatsink and need to send it in to have the firmware flashed?

X-Server
08-20-06, 02:44 PM
This sound card doesn't have problem with cracking/popping sounds it the ones without the XRAM that does.

retsam
08-20-06, 04:19 PM

-Knowledge is power! Knowing is half the battle.i havethe one with the black heat sink.

$n][pErMan
08-20-06, 05:35 PM
This sound card doesn't have problem with cracking/popping sounds it the ones without the XRAM that does.
Good! I have heard only good things about this card and figured id finally pick one up :)

Dazz
08-20-06, 05:55 PM
Yeah i have FPS card and have NEVER had any problems with my ASUS A8N Premium or MSI Dimond Plus boards they use NF4 chipsets.

DataMatrix
08-20-06, 07:01 PM
Sound cards getting heat sinks? That's cheating god that is.

$n][pErMan
08-20-06, 10:20 PM
Sound cards getting heat sinks? That's cheating god that is.
Watch, one day people will try overclocking them.... :p

crainger
08-21-06, 12:10 AM
[pErMan']Watch, one day people will try overclocking them.... :p

So thats how you get the chipmuunk effect?

Dr.Nick
08-21-06, 12:47 AM
Grats on the new card but you'll hate to hear that it was only $120 a couple of weeks ago with their rebate-yes, im an ass lol:p. I think you should be happy with it; I've been pleasantly impressed with my bottom of the pile Xtreme music. It's been a worthy upgrade from my A2zs which did pop a bit but the X-Fi has been great(one of the first ones out too).
Enjoy

nekrosoft13
08-21-06, 06:49 AM
[pErMan']Watch, one day people will try overclocking them.... :p

moddin audigy2 to audigy4, thats kind of like OC ;)

$n][pErMan
08-21-06, 10:13 PM
Grats on the new card but you'll hate to hear that it was only $120 a couple of weeks ago with their rebate-yes, im an ass lol:p. I think you should be happy with it; I've been pleasantly impressed with my bottom of the pile Xtreme music. It's been a worthy upgrade from my A2zs which did pop a bit but the X-Fi has been great(one of the first ones out too).
Enjoy
haha .. u assbag :p Its cool though... its still a deal IMO when everyone else is charging well over $240 for it :D

Dr.Nick
08-22-06, 12:08 AM
[pErMan']haha .. u assbag :p Its cool though... its still a deal IMO when everyone else is charging well over $240 for it :D

hehe, its definitely worth it and it is a great price. I almost bought one at $279 when they first came out but the cc was at its limit lol

$n][pErMan
08-22-06, 08:47 PM
hehe, its definitely worth it and it is a great price. I almost bought one at $279 when they first came out but the cc was at its limit lol
The price was the only thing holding me back. I am upgrading soon anyway (well, depending on what new car I buy too next month :p ) so I figured I would pick one up at that price while I still could as I can take it into my next system.

$n][pErMan
08-23-06, 09:10 PM
Well I got the card today and must say I am very pleased. The sound (expecially in music) is so much more crisp and clean. Games like Fear and Tomb Raider were equally as badass in my testing. I have yet to try BF2 as the first few times I tried to enable X-Fi the game would just close. SO I updated my audio drivers and am going to give it another run tomorrow. Was wierd though. My card does not have a heatsink either.... which from what everyone says means its older. Is there a serial number compairison I can do to find out?? Cause I do remember creative saying that the heatsink line was only temporary till they changed how they were making the die. I don't have any crackling problems though so im happy so far :) Was also neat to see a LED symbol on the side of the card too. Im loving this remote and front panel too :D