PDA

View Full Version : MCafree F'ed everything up..help

Bearclaw
08-21-06, 12:43 AM
I just set up Microsoft Outlook to work with my gmail account and it worked fine for a few days. Then, I move into a dorm, and I have to do all that **** with the schools internet stuff and it can't send/receive from gmail anymore. I did everything I could think of and it won't work. I tried all the MCafree settings and everything. Anyone have a clue? I know it is due to the school but does anyone use outlook that can maybe help?

crainger
08-21-06, 12:48 AM
Does internet and other emails work ok?

The school hasn't blocked it on purpose?

Oh isn't this the wrong forum?

DataMatrix
08-21-06, 01:46 AM
Solution: Don't use McAfee.

crainger
08-21-06, 01:52 AM
Use AVG.

RejZoR
08-21-06, 02:31 AM
What the hell is this doing in General HARDWARE section?
Oh and McAfee is better than AVG...

Vapor Trail
08-21-06, 02:34 AM
I just set up Microsoft Outlook to work with my gmail account and it worked fine for a few days. Then, I move into a dorm, and I have to do all that **** with the schools internet stuff and it can't send/receive from gmail anymore. I did everything I could think of and it won't work. I tried all the MCafree settings and everything. Anyone have a clue? I know it is due to the school but does anyone use outlook that can maybe help?

Same problem here. :(

All was fine until the last big update from Mcaffee. After a couple of hours pulling my hair out I went to the Mcaffee suport and did an online session with a tech. He informed me that this was a known problem and a hotfix to fix it was avail. He sent me the fix and it now works correctly.

I suggest you do the same or at least check the Mcaffee site for info on this hotfix.

DataMatrix
08-21-06, 02:37 AM
What the hell is this doing in General HARDWARE section?
Oh and McAfee is better than AVG...

avast! is even better than McAfee.

Tr1cK
08-21-06, 07:20 AM
I tell people I don't like to use McAfee.

Bearclaw
08-21-06, 07:57 AM
I hate it and don't like to use it. In order to acess the school's network though, you need to have it. BUll****. It ****s things up. I'll try that hotline/try to find that hitfix for it. Thanks.

grey_1
08-21-06, 08:03 AM
Solution: Don't use McAfee.

QFT - I used it once a couple years ago, never, ever again.