08-21-06, 01:12 AM
ok, I'll start with my hardware,

AMD duel core 4200
2 Corsair 1 gig memory
refurbished 160 Hard drive
BFG overclocked 7900GTX
Modular 630 power supply
Asus A8N SLi motherboard

Anyway, so I put all that together, ran windows everything was fine. I go to update the drivers for my graphics card though, now all of a sudden I get a BSOD once windows finishes loading. (the drivers were on the CD) Now, I called BFG tech support, first time the guy said it was a driver issue. I called again when I couldn't get to the drivers, and the guy said my power supply wasn't good enough. (so I got the 630 power supply, still wondering if that is good enough though) I got the same issue with my new power supply. The guy on the BGF tech said that he suguested a 38.0 ampage, I wasn't sure if that was for the +5v or the +12V. (I went to fries and I got the highest +12v there, which was a 20.0A) It's possible they had bigger ones in the back, but I didn't ask.

Now my question is, is it a driver issue, ampage issue, or do I need an RMA for the card? When I put VGA mode on, then it works fine, so I don't think it's the card.

Any thoughts?

n0trix
08-21-06, 07:28 AM
Can you post the complete specs of the PSU,please?
Which forceware version?
Your motherboards Bios version is ??

Xion X2
08-21-06, 07:48 AM
Need to know who makes the power supply and the amps across the 5v,12v rails. But, this:

The guy on the BGF tech said that he suguested a 38.0 ampage

I can tell you is inaccurate unless he thinks you're running a dual-rail PSU which, in that case, I would agree with him (19A on each rail). If you're running a single-rail PSU then 20A should be sufficient for one GTX.

Van_Dammesque
08-21-06, 09:34 AM
Anyway, so I put all that together, ran windows everything was fine. I go to update the drivers for my graphics card though, now all of a sudden I get a BSOD once windows finishes loading. (the drivers were on the CD)

Hmm, try booting into safe mode, d'load and use driver cleaner 3 (or pro) and uninstall the current drivers. See if you can boot into windows then d'load the forceware drivers , 91.xx (i think xx= 45? for the newest ones).