PDA

View Full Version : What happend to Source/Q4 Engine forums?

K007
08-21-06, 05:44 AM
?

Lfctony
08-21-06, 05:46 AM
They merged them with this one, threads can be found here...

stncttr908
08-21-06, 10:51 AM
I guess they didn't have enough activity?

jAkUp
08-21-06, 11:44 AM
Not enough activity, general important topics were being ignored because most people did not visit them.

wrathofgod
08-21-06, 07:51 PM
Unfortunately, now threads will get lost quickly off the 1st page. =[

SH64
08-21-06, 07:55 PM
Unfortunately, now threads will get lost quickly off the 1st page. =[
Thats why new threads & threads with new replies are highlighted in bold.

wrathofgod
08-21-06, 08:05 PM
Thats why new threads & threads with new replies are highlighted in bold.

I don't visit everyday nor do I go past the 1st page (usually don't have time). I imagine many others do the same. =/

Guess I'm just S.O.L. No big deal. =]

Was much nicer when things were separated IMO.

SH64
08-21-06, 08:11 PM
I don't visit everyday nor do I go past the 1st page (usually don't have time). I imagine many others do the same. =/

Guess I'm just S.O.L. No big deal. =]

Was much nicer when things were separated IMO.
I see your point , but its not a big deal really. you can just get used to start off with page 2 instead of page 1 when you visit the gaming forum :D
also while active , the PC Gaming Fourm is not that active if i compare it to some other sites i visit .. so no worries of losing track of new threads.

separated sub-forums caused some problems like posting in the correct forum , tracking new threads or news & harder to manage for the mods i believe (i.e. moving , merging , locking threads ..etc).
some sub-forums were already dead with so little updates happening every once in a while.

saturnotaku
08-21-06, 08:12 PM
And if you are lost, just use the search function. That's why it's there.

jAkUp
08-21-06, 09:37 PM
I am working on the stickies to keep them to a minimum, this will ensure you see the most new threads on the front page, if a sticky has little activity, I will remove it.

K007
08-22-06, 05:01 AM

:rofl:

wrathofgod
08-22-06, 07:51 PM
I am working on the stickies to keep them to a minimum, this will ensure you see the most new threads on the front page, if a sticky has little activity, I will remove it.
Thanks

No sh*t? Wow, thanks for the info.
/sarcasm