PDA

View Full Version : Ubi bought Driver franchise from Atari

nekrosoft13
08-21-06, 11:58 AM
Ubi bought Driver franchise from Atari

In a polish magazine CD-Action, it mentioned that UbiSoft bought the Driver franchise from Atari; do you think that Ubi will be able to bring the good old driver back to its full glory?

Mr_LoL
08-21-06, 12:09 PM
Driver 1 was one of my favourite games ever. The series went downhill after that which is a shame :( I hope Ubi can do something semi decent with the franchise.

jAkUp
08-21-06, 12:10 PM
Yea Driver 1 was awesome. Hopefully the games won't suck anymore :)

Lfctony
08-21-06, 01:18 PM
ATARI's fighting with everything they have to stay alive. Apparently they are in a lot of trouble, NWN2 might be the last chance they have to pull through. I already have the game on preorder and I'm getting it whether it's good or bad. Hopefully it will be decent.

Elvin Presler
08-21-06, 01:27 PM
Atari already died. Then Infogrames (remember them?) bought the name and became Atari. Stupidest move ever.

Lfctony
08-21-06, 01:40 PM
I mean the current ATARI, and I remember Infogrames and their Alone in the Dark games. Lovely days those. :)

|MaguS|
08-21-06, 01:58 PM
ATARI still has alot of strong titles backing them. They own the D&D VideoGame license so right there they have a good market... they just need stronger games that aren't D&D based...

Banko
08-21-06, 03:08 PM
I'm pretty sure the UT series are also published by Atari.

jAkUp
08-21-06, 03:14 PM
Not anymore... Midway now I believe

nekrosoft13
08-21-06, 03:30 PM
here is the info from magazine

ubi bought the license for 24 million

|MaguS|
08-21-06, 03:42 PM
here is the info from magazine

ubi bought the license for 24 million

Good for Atari... the license isn't worth that much anymore thanks to Driver 3....

As for the article... care to translate?

nekrosoft13
08-21-06, 04:02 PM
After failed attempt by Atari to regain the good name for Driver series with the release of Parallel Lines, faith of the series was bleak. But there seems to still be a chance for better tomorrow. Thanks to Ubi buying all rights to Driver series from Atari. Most interesting aspect of this transaction is the amount of money involved. 24 Million dollars, which is allot lower amount then what Atari paid for production of Driv3r and Parallel Lines.