PDA

View Full Version : Only 2 million Ps3's this November apparently.

Pages : [1] 2

Mr_LoL
08-21-06, 12:32 PM
http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3660&Itemid=2
Boo. If 1 million is going to go to the US, we can most probably expect 100000 consoles here in the UK. Boo. They havent even started production yet.

BioHazZarD
08-21-06, 12:35 PM
Will be the usual Ebay x3 the price sold in stores and people going nuts over it...

Mr_LoL
08-21-06, 12:39 PM
Will be the usual Ebay x3 the price sold in stores and people going nuts over it...
If I could get two consoles, I will put one on ebay and make a tidy profit. Trying to hoard as much cash as possible at the moment. Preordered from 4 places at the moment.

|MaguS|
08-21-06, 02:00 PM
I got 2 fully payed off and 3 with partial payments... Im waiting on the other 3 to see the real shipment quantity...

Toss3
08-21-06, 02:03 PM
I got 2 fully payed off and 3 with partial payments... Im waiting on the other 3 to see the real shipment quantity...
Wow you're gonna make big buck$! :D Heh have you ever thought about what you're gonna do if it all flops and no one wants to buy one(very unlikely, but still possible)? (nana2)

stncttr908
08-21-06, 02:04 PM
Smart move, Magus. :thumbsup:

|MaguS|
08-21-06, 02:16 PM
Wow you're gonna make big buck$! :D Heh have you ever thought about what you're gonna do if it all flops and no one wants to buy one(very unlikely, but still possible)? (nana2)

Send them to argentina and either let my family there sell them (consoles at retail price there are insane) or let them give them to their kids. If anything I can always return them. :p

Peoples-Agent
08-22-06, 12:39 AM
Think I will wait until the buzz dies down, like with the 360 and just about everything else I buy. Great picking up a console when there's more game choice and the exclusive big games not far off.

Gaco
08-22-06, 02:34 AM

Isn't that a bit immoral? Somebody has the work for that extra money that you are making for doing no work.

Edge
08-22-06, 04:05 AM
Isn't that a bit immoral? Somebody has the work for that extra money that you are making for doing no work.
The joys of capitalism.

arioch21
08-22-06, 04:10 AM
business is business :D if people want to pay x3 the amount, its their choice... they are not being forced to buy it

Bad_Boy
08-22-06, 06:43 AM
guys, this is a misunderstanding.

they corrected the orginal article...

UPDATE: Following the publication of 1UP's story this afternoon, Sony contacted us to clarify a few points, especially considering our speculative commentary at the end.
"Unfortunately Kaz Hirai's comments in the recent GameSpot interview regarding PLAYSTATION 3 production were misunderstood. We are still on schedule to ship 2 million units for our mid-November 2006 launch and additional 2 million units by the end of the year for a total of 4 million units," said a Sony spokesperson.
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3153007

Toss3
08-22-06, 06:49 AM

How can you say it's a misunderstanding when it clearly says two million consoles for the mid-November release in the article, and the title of this thread says the exact same thing? I think everyone knows there will be more, especially for christmas. ;)

Bad_Boy
08-22-06, 07:01 AM
no no no, orginallly the article said 2 million for the year. this is saying 2 million for launch, and 2 million for the holiday season...which is, 4 million.

im talking about the gamespot article, which the OP article is sourcing from.

Namrok
08-22-06, 07:21 AM
no no no, orginallly the article said 2 million for the year. this is saying 2 million for launch, and 2 million for the holiday season...which is, 4 million.

im talking about the gamespot article, which the OP article is sourcing from.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH. 4 Million. Oh Sony, when will you ever learn to STFU. At least Sony won't have me by the balls until MGS4 comes out.

I'd be surprised if they even got 1,000,000 shipped by the end of the year. And impressed too since Sony's management seems painfully incompetent every time they open their mouth. Too many old people believing their own hype.

Ninja Prime
08-22-06, 08:04 AM

I don't know what he's smoking but according to this story: http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=33813

They haven't even started manufacturing yet. I have never heard of a company making 1,000,000 consoles a month, as I recall everyone was impressed when Microsoft managed 300,000 X-boxes a month. I'd say the 2 million number is more likely, even then, that's more than I remember being made by anyone else...

Bad_Boy
08-22-06, 08:31 AM
Doesnt Sony have more manufacturing plants than microsoft, ones they even own themselves instead of going through a middleman? They own the Cell and blu-ray plants. The only plants they dont own are the rights to the RSX, and nvidia has said before they have been ready to ship to sony.

to put it in perspective, 1.5 million 360's were shipped at launch IIRC, and manufacturing began 70 days before launch. its down to like day 87 or somthing before ps3 launches. factor in sony can probably make more in a given time period, i think it will be doable. it will be close, but i think they can make it.

LurkerLito
08-22-06, 09:50 AM
Heh I have gave up on the idea that I'll be able to get one this fall.

Tuork
08-22-06, 10:17 AM
If I had the cash, I would do what Magus (??) is doing. :D

|MaguS|
08-22-06, 10:23 AM
Heh I have gave up on the idea that I'll be able to get one this fall.

Wana buy one from me? ^_^

superklye
08-22-06, 10:29 AM
Man, I really, REALLY want to do this. :(

Redshirt #24
08-22-06, 10:52 AM
I'm still waiting on a remark from Kaz Hirai or Mr. "Riiiidge Racerrrr!" Kutaragi retconning this whole not-in-production-yet thing. The year ends in four months and nine days...and they really expect to ship four million PSgrills starting production when, next week? Next month? Methinks SCEA/J should change its name to Sony Computer Entertainment Medellin...

Mr_LoL
08-22-06, 11:04 AM
Man, I really, REALLY want to do this. :(
Might as well. Could make a tidy profit if you sold them on.

superklye
08-22-06, 11:05 AM
Might as well. Could make a tidy profit if you sold them on.
I don't have the initial capital needed to do it. :(

CaptNKILL
08-22-06, 11:24 AM
Just wondering... if I wanted to do something similar, how would I go about it?

Are there places doing pre-orders? Or are you just saving up right now?