PDA

View Full Version : ZOMG Reserator 2!

crainger
08-22-06, 01:48 AM
This is good news for those freaks who can't stand their PC making any moise at all.

Like me

http://zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=216&code=021

Lazaredz
08-22-06, 07:11 AM
Looks spiffy.

Can't wait for a review.

mullet
08-22-06, 11:17 AM
Looks spiffy.

Can't wait for a review.

http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=3851&s=1

grey_1
08-22-06, 11:36 AM
Oh, that's purty, that could get me in trouble with wifey..:D

mullet
08-22-06, 11:51 AM
bottom line, Zalman AIR!!!!!!!

Bman212121
08-22-06, 12:04 PM
Thanks. Only 100MHz over the stock Intel cooler... strange.

I would think he hit a wall from something else. the stock is 2.66Ghz so when your getting almost 1GHZ off the stock cooler (3.6Ghz), there probably isn't much headroom left.

That looks really tempting, I could cut out 5 fans from my setup and still have good temps. What I would try to do is find a way to mount it to the side of the case. Maybe take the door which is behind the mobo and put it on standoffs on that door.

EDIT: oh yea, and if you wanted to do some massive OC's you could take a household box fan it blow it toward that radiator. :D

crainger
08-22-06, 07:00 PM
I would think he hit a wall from something else. the stock is 2.66Ghz so when your getting almost 1GHZ off the stock cooler (3.6Ghz), there probably isn't much headroom left.

That looks really tempting, I could cut out 5 fans from my setup and still have good temps. What I would try to do is find a way to mount it to the side of the case. Maybe take the door which is behind the mobo and put it on standoffs on that door.

EDIT: oh yea, and if you wanted to do some massive OC's you could take a household box fan it blow it toward that radiator. :D

LOL thats what I was doing with my Res 1 and my P4E. Zalman have released a proper fan that fits over the top of the Res 1 now to enhance air flow.

That Res 2 sure would look good next to my CM Stacker 830 ;)

ViN86
08-22-06, 08:13 PM
that things pretty sweet. i bet if you put a floor fan next to that thing itd cool like a beast. :thumbsup:

crainger
08-22-06, 08:35 PM
that things pretty sweet. i bet if you put a floor fan next to that thing itd cool like a beast. :thumbsup:

Should do. The fins and walls appear thinner so adding a fan should do wonders. The fan addon to the res 1 made little to no difference, 1 or 2C maybe.

X-Server
08-22-06, 09:13 PM
Look good bad for lan partys though, but definely for someone that have computer in same spot for awhile, wonder if it work just as good as there internal offering or at lease better then air?

crainger
08-23-06, 01:42 AM
Look good bad for lan partys though, but definely for someone that have computer in same spot for awhile, wonder if it work just as good as there internal offering or at lease better then air?

The original Reserator 1 left air for dead and with no noise whatsoever. However an Actively cooled water setup would leave the Reserator for dead. So the Reserator 1 is right in the middle. Its expensive and heavy, but its perfect for me as I love silent PCing and I rarely move my PC. Even without the Reserator the CM Stacker case is a pain in the arse to move about.

I can tell you with a silent PSU, passively cooled Northbridge, Reserator 1 cooling CPU and 2x GPUs, quite HDDs and silent cases fans I hear no noise from my PC at all. I can hear the slight hiss from my speakers over my PC.

crainger
08-31-06, 02:14 AM
Well it's out over here http://pccasegear.com.au/prod4001.htm

$495! Thats close to double the price of the original. Core Duo 2 comes first.