PDA

View Full Version : Video problems with forceware 91.33+

Pages : [1] 2

Shocky
08-23-06, 01:37 PM
Hi, the brightness/contrast in my video/media is messed up with all the forceware drivers... I can correct it with the driver video settings but as soon as I start the video again its messed up so I need to start the nvidia control panel and change video settings continually... Any fix for this????

Also if I try to change the brightness in mp10 the colour is messed up too.... wtf is with nvidias driver?

The Big Man
08-23-06, 02:24 PM
Try reinstalling Purevidoe to see if that helps. I had a simular issue with Beyond TV but that was fixed with their updates.

Shocky
08-23-06, 03:12 PM
Try reinstalling Purevidoe to see if that helps. I had a simular issue with Beyond TV but that was fixed with their updates.

Purevideo ? Didnt realise I had it installed... Isnt that an extra they charge you for ?

sharangad
08-23-06, 03:22 PM
Purevideo ? Didnt realise I had it installed... Isnt that an extra they charge you for ?

In the advanced settings for video in the new control panel there should be a colour temperature adjustment setting for monitors. Disable it and see if that helps.

Shocky
08-23-06, 04:06 PM
In the advanced settings for video in the new control panel there should be a colour temperature adjustment setting for monitors. Disable it and see if that helps.

Nope, no such option there, just brightness, contrast etc...

rewt
08-23-06, 04:09 PM
I think your overlay settings between media player and driver are conflicting.

Either set them both as close as you can, or disable overlay.

Shocky
08-23-06, 04:37 PM
I think your overlay settings between media player and driver are conflicting.

Either set them both as close as you can, or disable overlay.

Thx, seems ok after disabling overlay.... Whats that for wtf? do I loose anything disabling it ?

Elvin Presler
08-23-06, 09:54 PM
I'm curious about this too. My one big problem with Nvidia is that video and DVD looks like complete crap compared to my old ATI 9800 Pro. They're always over saturated or dark...just horrid looking. I can dink around with the brightness and gamma all day and never get it right. Even if one video looks better all the rest will now be washed out or something. My 9800 Pro plays all the same videos perfectly without tweaking.

Also the "tweaked" settings won't even apply until I open the video and the Nvidia control panel at the same time. It's just way too much trouble for the most basic things a $500 video card should be doing.

Overlay? I have searched but can't find anything about disabling overlaying in any of my media players.

Here's my best attempt to show you what I mean (by editing a photo so different displays won't alter the effect):

ATI (all their drivers I ever used)
http://members.cox.net/elvinpresler/ati_ex.jpg

Nvidia (all drivers, but the 90's are worse than say, 6177 was)
http://members.cox.net/elvinpresler/nvidia_ex.jpg

Shocky
08-24-06, 08:54 AM
I'm curious about this too. My one big problem with Nvidia is that video and DVD looks like complete crap compared to my old ATI 9800 Pro. They're always over saturated or dark...just horrid looking. I can dink around with the brightness and gamma all day and never get it right. Even if one video looks better all the rest will now be washed out or something. My 9800 Pro plays all the same videos perfectly without tweaking.

Also the "tweaked" settings won't even apply until I open the video and the Nvidia control panel at the same time. It's just way too much trouble for the most basic things a $500 video card should be doing.

Overlay? I have searched but can't find anything about disabling overlaying in any of my media players.

Here's my best attempt to show you what I mean (by editing a photo so different displays won't alter the effect):

The bottom shot looks like the problem im having... Disable overlay or adjust the gamma.. I really hope they fix this in there next official release.:(

For some reason the gamma in the video options is defaulting to -8% which is to dark, any idea what the default setting is ment to be ?

Also, why when I change gamma, brightness or whatever does my harddrive become so active... :thumbdwn:

krocodile
08-24-06, 10:12 AM

OFF TOPIC:
Hey, what are you doing in my backyard? This is what I see when I look out my bedroom window.. heh heh.

ON TOPIC:
This is a pretty good explanation of what video overlay is
http://www.afterdawn.com/glossary/terms/overlay.cfm

Thanks for afterdawn site for that :)

rewt
08-24-06, 01:06 PM

Thats because color temp correction and rgb gamma are enabled in the new control panel.

Disable them and you'll get rid of that red tint.

Video & Television > Video Color Settings

My program NVTweak unlocks a VMR setting in the classic control panel which effectively disables overlay for all players. Or NVTray can enable/disable VMR directly without the need to even open the control panel.

Shocky
08-24-06, 07:15 PM
Ok, i;ve just finished the install of a seperate system with 7900GT with Forceware 91.45 and I have the exact same problem again... Disabling overlap is not helping this time and again setting are not being applied... :(

I also have none of the options you guys are talking about...

color temp correction and rgb gamma ? where are these ??

rewt
08-24-06, 11:02 PM
I also have none of the options you guys are talking about...

color temp correction and rgb gamma ? where are these ??

Video & Television > Video Color Settings

I don't know why you don't see these settings. My card is much older than yours and even I have them.

Maybe you're looking in the wrong place. As I said, they are in the new control panel. Not the classic one.

cr0ft
08-27-06, 02:26 PM
All that good stuff is available only if you turn on advanced mode.

I had decent results just by setting the color temperature adjustments to 6500K.

Elvin Presler
08-27-06, 03:19 PM
I'm using the 8198 drivers. I don't have those settings, and if it ever gets to where I have to use that awful new control panel, I'll simply toss the card into my old spare rig and go back to the ATI camp.

Brinkman
08-29-06, 04:09 PM
I'm having this same problem.. everything turns red.. i can fix it by going into the new control panel and changing the temp to (disabled).. but once i restart it goes right back to red...

is there a driver set that doesnt'[ have this problem? i hate the new control panel.. it's like both are running at the same time even though you've disabled one..

rewt
08-29-06, 04:22 PM
I'm having this same problem.. everything turns red.. i can fix it by going into the new control panel and changing the temp to (disabled).. but once i restart it goes right back to red...

Press the Apply button.

Brinkman
08-29-06, 04:41 PM
Press the Apply button.
i did.. it just doesnt' want to apply once i restart

rewt
08-29-06, 06:55 PM
Don't know why. Works for me. :confused:

Brinkman
08-29-06, 10:07 PM
poop.. i had to go back to 93.31's

btw here's another weird problem if someone could help me out..

okay i purchased the PNY 7600gs (AGP) 512mb card.. the first thing i did after installing the card was i downloaded the latest drivers off of nvidias website.. well once i try to install them it says "it could not find the device blah blah blah".. as if nvidias drivers dont know my card exists yet

but when i go to the CD that came with the card it has the same drivers 93.31 but they work!

i tried to install older versions from nvidias site and still got the same error. newer driver versions (not on nvidias site) are supported too..

im just wondering is this something to be worried about? why aren't the drivers on nvidias site supported by my card?

saturnotaku
08-29-06, 10:12 PM
Because the ones on NVIDIA's site probably were released before the ones PNY put them on the CD. It's technically up to the card manufacturer to provide software support, not NVIDIA. Your card will be added in due time, probably with the next official driver release.

Brinkman
08-30-06, 12:23 AM
great, thanks for the info!

i was thinking that was the case.. i was just worried =-O

glObalist
08-30-06, 01:57 AM
Speaking of this, do any of you have the option to tweak the overlay gamma with any of these drivers? It's been greyed out for me ever since I upgraded to the 7x nvidia series of cards... And one more reason why my next card is a Radeon.

cr0ft
08-30-06, 10:58 AM
There definitely seems to be some bug in these drivers, and it doesn't seem like you can just tweak it out. Video is pink. Very annoying, fortunately video is only a minor part of what I use my cards for. Hopefully a new driver version might fix this. Hey, I can hope.

mine
09-02-06, 07:14 AM
similar situation

I own a professional calibrated HD plasma display (Panasonic PHD 8 )

I just put together my new rig (ASUS P5 B DLX - Core2Duo E 6600@3 GHZ)
and thought I give nVidia (after using ATI cards for 5 years) a try and so I bought a MSI 7600 GT HD .

Simply because I liked the HDCP chip on this card .

I have to use VGA out , cause I live in a PAL country and Panasonic doesn`t support native resolution @ 50 Hz with this panel .

I liked the custom resolution possibilities inside the nvidia control panel very much . Pretty superior
compared with the mickey-mouse style ATI CP , where I have to use Powerstrip.

so a setting of 1024x768 @ 50,00 Hz was no problem.
But sorry ... picture quality compared with the cheap ATI 1600 pro I used in my last rig was a shock ... I couldn`t get rid of the color tints described above with no driver I tested from 90 - 91.47 and no changes I tried in the control panel had any positive effect .
believe me right now the picture is pretty much inferior in every aspect in this configuration.

I used 3 of the best mpeg2 videodecoders

nVidia purevideo 196.
cyberlink powerdvd 6
dscaler 5008

So far I use overlay because all of the nVidia drivers above had problems with hardware acceleration (DXVA) of VMR 9.

its not sharpness .. its the overall quality with no natural (call it tinted) colors and no deepness at all in the picture.

what am I doing wrong ? this card is twice the price I payed for my 1600 pro ...

sorry for my english...not my native language