PDA

View Full Version : more great news for PS3 scalpers like me!

Zelda_fan
08-24-06, 02:59 AM
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/727/727810p1.html

lmao, only 3 million PS3's by the end of the year. This just keeps getting better and better.

Peoples-Agent
08-24-06, 03:13 AM
ffs... pointless.

All in the name of rushing to get it out before Xmas I suppose.
Gonna be alot of disappointed kiddies this Chrimbo, Santa ...even with Overtime will be having a nervous breakdown by Boxing Day. LoL

Bad_Boy
08-24-06, 08:01 AM
This is pretty much based off the same kaz interview that was debunked by Sony reps. That much is guaranteed. Just anothe analyst twist on a false story. Why would Sony say 6 million by fiscal year one day (especially after correcting a respected website), and 2 days later some analyst says they are going to half it. Is that even believeable? Just an example of how a story can be churned into something else after being processed through analysts, and even be posted back onto sites like IGN. I wouldnt be surprised if Sony comes out again in the next few days and says their projected numbers again.

Not saying anything isnt possible, but I wouldnt read too much into this particular article.

lmao, only 3 million PS3's by the end of the year. This just keeps getting better and better.
Generally speaking, compared to other launches, 3 million in 2 months would still be an improvement. But again, I wouldnt read too much into this.

|MaguS|
08-24-06, 08:06 AM

Thats more consoles then MS was able to ship out in two months...

ENU291
08-24-06, 08:11 AM
I don't understand why Sony decided on a worldwide launch this time around. The PS1, 2 and the PSP were all launched in Japan first then released in other areas of the world about 6 months later. The time gap never bothered me personally and at times worked to our advantage by giving Sony time to iron out any hardware or software issues that might have sneaked pass the QA process. You would think that Sony should've learned something from the horrendous launch of Microsoft's Xbox 360. I predict that people like Magus and Zelda_fan are going to clean up come Christmas time.

Bad_Boy
08-24-06, 08:20 AM
I don't understand why Sony decided on a worldwide launch this time around.
Because sony copies microsoft remember? :p

lol kidding, all jokes aside. I think it works along with their plan of having a region free console. If they were to launch it in different times for different regions could could possibly see the same effects the psp had. Sony seemed pissed off at importers, but in a way it was their own fault.

http://www.psp411.com/show/news/249/0/Sony_bullys_PSP_Importers.html

But yeah, I suppose it's more than a joke. If microsoft can release worldwide (though an iffy launch like you mentioned) then why can't Sony. It's just a matter of trying to prove yourself equal, if not better. I wouldnt be surprised if nintendo does the same.

brady
08-24-06, 10:00 AM
I'm worried that it's already too late for me to secure a launch day console through pre-order. Zelda, Have you made any pre-orders yet?

LiquidX
08-24-06, 10:07 AM
3 million still sounds good compared to what Microsoft was able to do.

Droid6
08-24-06, 10:32 AM
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=714792

Namrok
08-24-06, 03:05 PM
More good news for you Zelda_Fan

Analyst slashes PS3 shipment forecast
Component shortages could mean just 3 million units by March 2007

Japanese brokerage Mitsubishi UJF Securities has lowered its rating on Sony, predicting a 50 per cent shortfall in the company's launch estimates for the PS3 which sent the share price down 3 per cent.

According to a report on Reuters, the analyst believes that component shortages - such as those which plagued Microsoft's Xbox 360 launch last year - will mean that Sony is unable to manufacture anything like the number of consoles planned in the short term.

"In the medium term this would mean that it would take longer for Sony to recover its huge investment in PS3 and thus we are downgrading the stock," stated Masahiko Ishino, Mitsubishi UFJ Securities analyst.

Shares in the company fell by 3.2 per cent on the announcement, investors wary of Sony's ability to deliver on its shipment forecast for the PlayStation 3.

The news comes just days after the platform holder clarified its November launch plans, forecasting 2 million units for the launch, with a further 2 million by the end of the calendar year.

Full scale production of the console - which is based on the advanced Cell Processor and Blu-ray DVD technology - has yet to begin, casting further doubt on the company's ability to deliver on its ambitious launch promises.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=19263

lightman
08-24-06, 05:13 PM
Analyst slashes PS3 shipment forecast
Component shortages could mean just 3 million units by March 2007
The news comes just days after the platform holder clarified its November launch plans, forecasting 2 million units for the launch, with a further 2 million by the end of the calendar year.

Total forecasted by Sony : 4 million units by the end of the year.

I call bs on the "analyst" analysis...

Bad_Boy
08-24-06, 07:17 PM
yup, all this stuff is just analyst fud. sorry zelda.

lIqUID
08-25-06, 12:23 AM
I'm worried that it's already too late for me to secure a launch day console through pre-order. Zelda, Have you made any pre-orders yet?

HUH? EBGames and Gamestop arent even taking preorders here yet. Im being told about a month to a month and a half for launchday preorders. Im still undecided on buying more than one, but the one Im getting is DEFINATELY going up for sale. It can help finance my new PC so I can play some real games.

Mr_LoL
08-25-06, 09:21 AM
Rofl. These so calles analysts cant even do basic sums right.

H3avyM3tal
08-25-06, 01:38 PM
Err, the way I see it:

These analysts say that shortages of components would mean only 3mil by march 2007 - while the platform holder (sony I imagine, and all who are involved), claim to have 4 mil units by the end fo this year.

Ofcouse I hope it wont happen, but thats what it say. I think... I dont see anything wrong about the way they said it...