PDA

View Full Version : Which keyboard and when?

nekrosoft13
08-24-06, 09:31 AM
I have been looking for a new keyboard for a while now. So far there are no keyboards that really interest me. Few months ago I bought the MX5000, oh god, was that a bad choice, I returned it few days later. That had to be the worst keyboard I every owned.

My MS wireless multimedia keyboard is about 3-4 years old, still works great. I just need a new keyboard for my second computer, and saw this as an opportunity to get something better for my main pc.

Like I said, right now there is nothing that I really like. I had my sight set at either Logitech MX3200, or MS Ultimate keyboard. I was just wondering when those two keyboards will be out.

I really prefer the MS keyboard driver (because of the discreet OSD display), so right now it has an upper hand.

BEFORE MORE PEOPLE REPLY, I DON'T WANT WIRED, THAT MEANS NO G15!!, LET ME REPEAT, NO F-ING G15

crainger
08-24-06, 05:35 PM
G15?? Guessing your after Wireless though :)

nekrosoft13
08-24-06, 06:10 PM
yeah, wireless, i just can't go back, i like freedom

Tuork
08-25-06, 09:48 PM
I just bought a G15 and I'm loving it so far... although I haven't had the chance to fully play with the LCD (Main reason I bought it).

Seeing as you're after wireless, I'd recommend, first of all, logitech. Second, the MX3200. Looks killer.

If I get bored of the G15, I will definetely get me one of those.

crainger
08-26-06, 07:12 PM
Yep the G15 is great... Even better now more games are supporting the LCD. Prey's support was awesome.

nekrosoft13
08-26-06, 07:24 PM
let me repeat!

no WIRED!

crainger
08-27-06, 12:08 AM
let me repeat!

no WIRED!

Oh Sorry. What about the G15? j/k

I'd also add NO BLUETOOTH. I have a bluetooth mouse and keyboard combo and it was shocking. Keyboard would hew through batteries like there was no tomorrow.

nekrosoft13
08-27-06, 12:24 AM
right now there are only two keyboards that intrest me

3200 from logitech
and
ultimate from MS

main question is when? when will those hit the market

Zelda_fan
08-27-06, 12:50 AM
the optomus keyboard will rule all

nekrosoft13
08-27-06, 12:58 AM
if it ever gets released

Sazar
08-27-06, 01:03 AM
Microsoft Ultimate Keyboard.

That's my next baby :)

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/ultimatekeyboard/default.mspx

X-Server
08-27-06, 01:22 AM
G15 all the way, best keyboard I owned have Programmable flip lcd display and good backlit key the letter lightup and have to level for backlit bright or dim or just off. and it uses a program called G-series profiler that let You program marco or keystroke on you G keys on your left side good for gaming. and nice of all usb port in the back of the keyboard. Try the mx5000 and hated it have to wait 5sec before using and had to reset it a few times, personaly I belive all wireless keyboard have problems.

X-Server
08-27-06, 01:24 AM
let me repeat!

no WIRED!bad idea you will have problems owned a lot of wireless before I lot some of them but compare to G15 there no turning back, its just that good of a keyboard, just go G15 very good keyboard, you will not reget it.

nekrosoft13
08-27-06, 01:31 AM
i have wireless for over 3 years, not a single problem

X-Server
08-27-06, 01:38 AM
i have wireless for over 3 years, not a single problem
Wireless is ok just disappointed with MX5000 from logitech so went G15 won't go back, this keyboard have a lot of stuff and the backlighting is good, you won't go back after you try it.

Zelda_fan
08-27-06, 04:16 PM
if it ever gets released

they already got a production deal, and it's supposed to be done in time for the holiday season. Personally I can't wait for this kybd to come out.

CaptNKILL
08-27-06, 04:36 PM
they already got a production deal, and it's supposed to be done in time for the holiday season. Personally I can't wait for this kybd to come out.
Really?

Hmm... I reaaaally want one of those things.

I'm guessing itl either be surprisingly cheap (under $100) or totaly rediculous (over $300).

DarkJedi664
08-27-06, 04:41 PM
wireless keyboard suck, because what happens when you're in the middle of a match (or game, whatever), and suddenly your keyboard dies. You'd have to take out the batteries, and pray that you have 4 new ones. I dealt with that for the LONGEST time, but I wised up and refused to buy another wireless keyboard. I currently have the G7 mouse, and while I honestly do love it, it pisses me off that the battery life is only 2 days worth, and that's not with gaming. If the cord was long enough, I would definitely go with the G5 instead. Or Logitech should have had the G7 with the battery life of the MX1000 (that lasted me a good week or two).

Zelda_fan
08-27-06, 10:51 PM
Really?

Hmm... I reaaaally want one of those things.

I'm guessing itl either be surprisingly cheap (under $100) or totaly rediculous (over $300).

well on their site they state "it will cost less than a good mobile phone" So I'm guessing around $300.

j0j081
08-29-06, 07:08 AM
I currently have the G7 mouse, and while I honestly do love it, it pisses me off that the battery life is only 2 days worth, and that's not with gaming. If the cord was long enough, I would definitely go with the G5 instead. Or Logitech should have had the G7 with the battery life of the MX1000 (that lasted me a good week or two).
The G7 battery life is so short because they used the batteries they did to keep the weight down. It doesn't bother me at all because even if I'm lazy enough to wait until it dies in game it only takes about 3 seconds to switch in other one. I just got the redesigned BLACK G7 which I have to say is a lot better for gaming than the green/silver one because it's textured like the G5 on the sides so it gets less slippery.