PDA

View Full Version : Just Cause and new Test Drive Unlimited Demo's on XBL

LiquidX
08-24-06, 10:05 AM
There up. Downloading now.

brady
08-24-06, 10:10 AM
Dang! You beat me to it. I was just gunna post this. I'm downloading Just Cause right now. Looks interesting...

Marvel_us
08-24-06, 10:13 AM
Someone let me know how Test Drive is when they're done.

brady
08-24-06, 11:43 AM
This is the 2nd Test Drive demo and IMO it looks much more refined. I'm not a fan of the game but it does look much better then it did before, I'll give it that much.

Just Cause looks 'ok'. The draw distance in nice and the organic environments look fair. However, everything else in this game looks pretty ugly. The animations seem very week and the models (human and structural) are pretty bland...I'm gunna pass this up.

P.S. This is all just my opinion. Don't wanna get flamed.

PeterJensen
08-24-06, 12:10 PM
Omg!!!

Marvel_us
08-24-06, 12:18 PM
Just Cause looks 'ok'. The draw distance in nice and the organic environments look fair. However, everything else in this game looks pretty ugly.

Lol @ how blunt that statement was.:D

Thanks for the opinion on Test Drive.

LiquidX
08-24-06, 12:19 PM
I liked this Test Drive demo also. It does looked cleaned up with less jaggies though it looked very dark on my monitor. I like that the cars have weighty real feel to them. You also get a to ride a bike this time around that kinda seemed to fast but I guess thats how a bike is suppose to be.

I didnt really like Just Cause. I didnt like the look or the over use of blur and it came of very arcadish to me. Will pass for sure on this but will try the PC version to see if its any better.

brady
08-24-06, 01:07 PM
I'd like to know how the pc version stacks up. Besides higher aa and af do the models look any better? I'm not kidding people...for a next gen title, those were some of the ugliest models i've seen in a while. I understand the environment is huge...I guess I'm still too much of a gfx ***** from my pc days.

ralinn
08-24-06, 08:26 PM
The PC version is 100% worse in every way. The controls are weird, the vehicles handle completely differently and the game looks visually terrible :(

tacos4me
08-24-06, 10:42 PM
I felt like I was playing the same game when I switched from Just Cause to Test Drive. :o

ENU291
08-25-06, 09:29 AM
I tried out both the old and new Test Drive Unlimited demos and I have to say that there has been some decent improvements to the game in the last few months. The graphics look much better and the controls are more refined. If Atari sticks with their plans to launch the game at under $40 then I will definitely pick it up. As per Just Cause... the game feels a little like GTA in South Amercia. The demo kinda throws you right into the thick of things and in turn makes the game feel hectic and unfocused. The controls are a bit sloppy at times. Controlling the helicopter was pure frustration. The graphics are nothing to write home about but aren't THAT bad. Low res textures and crude poly models are helped by good use of lighting, motion blur and HDR effects. This current trend of GTA wanna be titles has me a bit worried. I have a feeling that Just Cause might end up more like True Crimes and less like GTA. Only time will tell.

ralinn
08-25-06, 10:53 AM
I thought it made a change to have a game like this (quite like GTA) without the use of the words "******", "mother****er" every 5 seconds. I felt like nice fun without OTT crappy gangster ****e thrown in for chavy teenagers.

Peoples-Agent
08-25-06, 02:42 PM
I thought it made a change to have a game like this (quite like GTA) without the use of the words "******", "mother****er" every 5 seconds. I felt like nice fun without OTT crappy gangster ****e thrown in for chavy teenagers.

LoL Blasted Chavs, I will kill atleast one by the time i'm 30. It's written in stone, predicted and will be done. Watch the news for "Tattooed psychopath mauls Chav with maschete".

Were you refering to Test Drive or Just Cause though? lol

ralinn
08-25-06, 02:46 PM
Sorry - Just Cause :)