PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA 6200 OC Graphics Card

thomas2388
08-24-06, 11:24 AM
Yesterday I bought a 6200oc gfx card...I followed all the procedures...
deleting all the current drivers, etc etc. and i even formatted my pc to make sure there werent any problems left what so ever.

While i was installing the drivers from the CD and from the drivers site, right in the middle my monitor would go into a black screen as if the pc had gone into stand by mode, i moved my mouse, no response and onc ei hit the caps lock button it finally responded but the screen turned on and it had a message that said;
"drivers could not be properly installed" and it asked me to restart and stuff.

When i try to play games there are flashy colors, random lines, and everything is messed up...

Any ideas?

thx

before this card, i tried an ATI x1300 XGE and it wouldnt even work half as good as this nvidia one is...

SemperFi
08-24-06, 12:30 PM
You are NOT going to be happy with the performance of the 6200. I suggest you return the card and pickup at least a 6600gt. The turbo cache technology that comes with that card is utter junk. As for the driver issue, It is normal for the screen to flicker and go blank when installing drivers and it can take up to 5 minutes depending on your system specs. Chances are, by hitting keys thinking your pc had frozen you somehow managed to cancel the driver install. And since you formatted your hard drive make sure you install your motherboards chipset drivers and update directx along with the newest nvidia drivers.

thomas2388
08-24-06, 01:25 PM
You are NOT going to be happy with the performance of the 6200. I suggest you return the card and pickup at least a 6600gt. The turbo cache technology that comes with that card is utter junk. As for the driver issue, It is normal for the screen to flicker and go blank when installing drivers and it can take up to 5 minutes depending on your system specs. Chances are, by hitting keys thinking your pc had frozen you somehow managed to cancel the driver install. And since you formatted your hard drive make sure you install your motherboards chipset drivers and update directx along with the newest nvidia drivers.

Well i have no other choice but to use that card because i dont have themoney for another one...while the drivers where installing I left to watch a movie for like 30min or so and it was STILL on that blackscreen...

ill post to specs so that you can tell me how long it should take...

i did forget to instal my MB chipset drivers, that may be the cause of it all...hrhr and i updated directx and well i couldnt instal the drivers cuz of the "black screen issue"....

gram_vaz
08-24-06, 02:26 PM
Since you had problems with another graphics card there's something very wrong with your system. Hope that it's software and try a reformat.

thomas2388
08-24-06, 10:15 PM
I let the "blank screen" go on for like 5 hrs while i slept earlier today as soon as i got home...i woke up and it was still like that...
i successfully installed the omega drivers but they wouldnt work...they are out of date or something...

when i run the direct3d tests from dxdiag i fail 8 and 9

there must be a solution somewhere...

CDE_1246
08-24-06, 10:43 PM
You should try returning that video card sounds like the video card is defective there couldnt really be anything that wrong with ur system. If worse comes to worst you will have to reformat. Sorry to hear about that.

thomas2388
08-24-06, 11:18 PM
You should try returning that video card sounds like the video card is defective there couldnt really be anything that wrong with ur system. If worse comes to worst you will have to reformat. Sorry to hear about that.

I alrdy reformatted, aswell as returned a previous card...
the ati radeon x1300 xge

*sigh*

gram_vaz
08-25-06, 12:25 AM
Haha, believe me i've been there. Having a problem that you just can't seem to fix and the only solution seems to be buying an entirely new system which can be very difficult considering economic situation.

Something i would try is go into the bios and set agp to 4x and disable fastwrites, also while in there disable any unecessary options and also remove hardware from your system that is not essential.

thomas2388
08-25-06, 06:59 AM
Haha, believe me i've been there. Having a problem that you just can't seem to fix and the only solution seems to be buying an entirely new system which can be very difficult considering economic situation.

Something i would try is go into the bios and set agp to 4x and disable fastwrites, also while in there disable any unecessary options and also remove hardware from your system that is not essential.

thx i was lookin around on my PCs settings and found that my AGP slot is 4x and not 8x...might that be the cause of all this problem?
also i have no idea what fastwrites is, but i guess ill be able to figure out how to turn it off =p

thx alot
hopefully i figure this out soon, been a week so far with no fully working pc =\

EDIT: Couldnt find how to change to AGP 4x and disable fastwrites...think am doin somethin wrong here...

thomas2388
08-25-06, 09:48 AM
bump.................

sigh...