PDA

View Full Version : QUAD SLI Good News!!

Tikiman44
08-24-06, 02:53 PM
Well for all you folks out there with Quad SLI your investment might just start being really worth it soon. Provided that these performance drivers deliver.:D

http://www.theinq.com/default.aspx?article=33920

It's the same scenario that you saw with the SLI: At first it sucks, sooner or later it gets better and at finally the company manages to get some real performance out of it.

:jumping:

I love drivers that provide better performance.(nana2)

Tikiman44
08-24-06, 03:24 PM
I just know Nvidia could squeeze some more performance out of my 7950 GX2 with a great driver set.

hemmy
08-24-06, 03:50 PM
some... if quad sli worked like it should it should destroy all other solutions

JimBobb
08-24-06, 03:54 PM
That is really good News i hope its coming ...

J-Mag
08-24-06, 05:32 PM
Good news. I hope G80 will be available in a Quad version on launch^^
But chances are small.

Yeah I doubt it. I am sure Nvidia made far more profit on the 7900 vs the 7950. Nvidia want to be in the lead in performance as there is a trickle down effect, so they don't care as much if they have to trump ATI with the 7950 even if it means less profit on the dual GPU solution.

Most likely what will happen is they will release quad SLI G80 after R600 pops up. I am guessing this will be 3-4months after G80.

SH64
08-24-06, 06:47 PM
:thumbsup: .. hope it comes ASAP!

Venturi
08-25-06, 09:58 AM
sooner than THAT!!!!

Rieper
08-25-06, 09:39 PM
Guys, the link posted is from THE REGISTER!! Uh, hello?! THE REGISTER?!

Taken with a grain of salt, would be an overstatement...

Suffice to say, I won't be holding my breath on these mystery drivers.

SH64
08-25-06, 10:09 PM
Whats wrong with the Register ??

Rieper
08-25-06, 11:42 PM
Whats wrong with the Register ??

Ask around.

The Register is well know as a tabloid website. I can't say for sure, but I'd guess 50% of their "news" never turns out to be true, and 25% is likely pure speculation.

I would never put any serious thought into a Register article.

Tikiman44
08-25-06, 11:46 PM
Ask around.

The Register is well know as a tabloid website. I can't say for sure, but I'd guess 50% of their "news" never turns out to be true, and 25% is likely pure speculation.

I would never put any serious thought into a Register article.

This story actually comes from the Inquirer. To be quite honest I have never felt led astray when it comes to graphics drivers or particular release dates. The always seem to do a pretty good job.:D

Some stories might not be quite on the mark, but it certainly can't be easy to always get the right information when companies are trying to keep secrets.