08-25-06, 10:00 PM
This one is for Zelda fan :D

http://ve3dboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=24804870

Quickstar
08-25-06, 10:23 PM
This gamecube game will be sweet. :thumbdwn:

SH64
08-25-06, 10:34 PM
I might get the Wii just to play Zelda heh ..

|MaguS|
08-25-06, 10:37 PM
This will probably be the one and last game I buy for the gamecube.

oldsk00l
08-25-06, 11:36 PM
The art looks great, the graphics are ho hum, but Zelda games have always rocked bigtime in the art dept. I'm still waiting for an art style that tops the very end boss fight at the end of Ocarina. The lava scene for some reason tickles my fancy quite well.

Zelda_fan
08-26-06, 12:52 AM
I saw this a few days ago. Was going to post it, but decided against it so I wouldn't get a barrage of "OMG GRAKICKS SUKKKKS!"

Yeah, they are low-res, low-poly, but you know what? They look beautiful and I can't wait to play this game. Judging by the screens and videos and comments, this is not only shaping up to be one of the best games this year, but a contender for "best game ever made." Miyamoto has recently gone on the record as saying this is the best game he's ever made. Considering his previous achievements, that's a comment I'm sure he would not say lightly.

|MaguS|
08-26-06, 10:39 AM
I saw this a few days ago. Was going to post it, but decided against it so I wouldn't get a barrage of "OMG GRAKICKS SUKKKKS!"

Yeah, they are low-res, low-poly, but you know what? They look beautiful and I can't wait to play this game. Judging by the screens and videos and comments, this is not only shaping up to be one of the best games this year, but a contender for "best game ever made." Miyamoto has recently gone on the record as saying this is the best game he's ever made. Considering his previous achievements, that's a comment I'm sure he would not say lightly.

Funny thing is... your the only one who brought up any negativity to this thread...

K007
08-26-06, 11:00 AM
I hope some good emulator comes out for this..i soo wanna play it..

Zelda_fan
08-26-06, 02:46 PM
I hope some good emulator comes out for this..i soo wanna play it..

thanks to the unique Wii controller, it is impossible to pirate it.

|MaguS|
08-26-06, 03:00 PM
thanks to the unique Wii controller, it is impossible to pirate it.

Um no it isn't... the mouse can easily emulate many functions of the Wii Remote. All it is, is a pointer... so use the mouse for pointing while the keyboard can be used for most of the buttons and even anolog stick. Even the mini speaker on the Wii controller can be emulated.

Back to topic...

I want to see the Wii and Gamecube version of the game side by side, they claimed their wouldn't be a difference but I just wana see if theres any at all.

ENU291
08-26-06, 04:01 PM
Hmmm.... I could swear I've seen these screen shots before somewhere.

Zelda_fan
08-26-06, 04:31 PM
Um no it isn't... the mouse can easily emulate many functions of the Wii Remote. All it is, is a pointer... so use the mouse for pointing while the keyboard can be used for most of the buttons and even anolog stick. Even the mini speaker on the Wii controller can be emulated.

That's like saying a mouse can emulate the touch screen for the DS. It doesn't create anywhere near the same effect.

|MaguS|
08-26-06, 04:32 PM
That's like saying a mouse can emulate the touch screen for the DS. It doesn't create anywhere near the same effect.

Emulators for the DS already are available, sure the experiance isn't the same but the game can be played the same that it would on the actual hardware.

Zelda_fan
08-26-06, 04:35 PM
Emulators for the DS already are available, sure the experiance isn't the same but the game can be played the same that it would on the actual hardware.

That seriosuly disrupts the gameplay. For example, meteos with a mouse? That would suck really really bad.

hordaktheman
08-26-06, 04:45 PM
The wiimote is quite a bit more than 'just a pointer'. A mouse works on a 2 dimensional plane, wheras the wiimote works on 3. Sure, you could emulate it, say, by using the mouse for the x- and y-axis, and +/- on the keypad for z, but it will be impossible to control in practice. And that's without mentioning the tilt sensors, which would need additional two keys.

By a better analogy, controlling the z-axis using the +/- keys would be like controlling the mouse cursor in Windows using the arrow keys.

Quickstar
08-26-06, 07:19 PM
How else is the Wiimote used other than for aiming?

Marvel_us
08-26-06, 07:25 PM

For bombs!:p :D
Just throw the controller at the screen!

GamaSutra: I like that arc on the grenade [in Gears Of War]...
GamaSutra: How would you do that with the Nintendo Revolution?
CliffB: Just throw the controller at the screen.

oldsk00l
08-26-06, 07:47 PM
Wii bashing is getting pretty lame these days. Nintendo's been quite far from over-promising with it, you take it or you leave it. Once it's released I imagine quite a few people are going to have a lot of fun with it.

Anyhow I'm excited to see how the wiimote is used in Zelda. There are tons of side activities that usually go into Zelda games, this makes then a lot more fun.

Zelda_fan
08-26-06, 07:48 PM

You swing the Wii mote and it acts like a sword.

Zelda_fan
08-26-06, 07:48 PM
GamaSutra: I like that arc on the grenade [in Gears Of War]...
GamaSutra: How would you do that with the Nintendo Revolution?
CliffB: Just throw the controller at the screen.

CliffB's a fag

Quickstar
08-26-06, 09:00 PM
You swing the Wii mote and it acts like a sword.

Why can't they make that a button instead?

Zelda_fan
08-26-06, 09:10 PM
Why can't they make that a button instead?

This ought to be pretty obvious. Better and more realistic control over the sword.

You flick the controller upward, and you swing your sword upward. Flick your wrist left and you will swing your sword left. Thrust the Wiimote foward, and you'll thrust foward with your sword. Get the idea?

Even better, you can do advanced sword maneauvers with ease useing the Wiimote. For example, flick the Wii-mote in an "X" shaped pattern, and you'll swing the sword in an "X" shaped pattern. This will allow you to execute a MUCH wider variety of moves with ease.

Also consider a game that has 1:1 mapping with a lightsaber:Wiimote. Would be pretty sweet huh?

Quickstar
08-26-06, 09:16 PM
Yea but all it's doing is detecting a motion and translating it into an animation script. You can subsitute the "flick" for a button. Get the idea?

Quickstar
08-26-06, 09:18 PM
hahaha, a MUCH wider variety? It's called button combos.

Edge
08-26-06, 09:32 PM
I wish they'd show actual screenshots instead of dev box renders. I hate the recent trend of Wii games being shown at near HD resolution when the console itself is locked to 640x480...

Still, it looks OK. Pretty nice for a last gen game (although I think RE4 still looks better), and I like the style better than Wind Waker's (although I wouldn't have minded if they used cel shading with character designs and models like Twilight Princess'). Although I'm not sure when I'll play it, LttP was the last Zelda game I really enjoyed. The 3d ones just haven't been able to catch my attention the same way. Oh well, it still looks cool (and a few elements do remind me of LttP's), so I'll check it out eventually.

It actually works pretty much the same, I even like using the mouse better than the touch screen for a lot of things (although hard to say how it will be with commercial games since right now only demos run well on DS emulators). For the Wii controller, in games that rely entirely on it's pointer functions and minimally on it's motion sensing features, it would probably work fairly well on a keyboard-mouse with a little tweaking. Games that use the full range of motion sensing that it offers would likely need a more serious substitute, like a third party adaptor or driver to use the Wii controller on the PC (or just a third party PC controller made like the Wii's).