PDA

View Full Version : perplexing nforce problem

harry_truman
02-14-03, 02:21 PM
Ok, here's the story. I have an asus nforce 415D motherboard, I think the model number is A7N266. Now, the problem is that whenever I go into 3d it will run fine for about 5-7 minutes before either rebooting, freezing, stuttering audio and framerate for a few secs before completely freezing, or going blank screen. I RMA'd it and in its place installed a soyo dragon + via kt266a chipset motherboard. All of the problems went away.

Then the soyo died one night and a few weeks later the RMA'd nforce got back. SAME PROBLEMS. I cannot run 3dmark more than a few minutes before it crashes. my current system specs

2x256 kingston value ddr ram pc2100
athlon 2100+
ati radeon 8500le 64mb@250/250
TBSC
3com lan
pinnicle tv card

all of the other components are fine because the system worked perfectly with a different motherboard. what is going on here?

SavagePaladin
02-16-03, 06:51 PM
Is the DDR in the right slots? (I think, 1 and 3 with that board, but you'd have to RTM)

Is that vidcard overclocked a lot? Because with a different motherboard layout, the CPU might be closer to the vidcard. Instant possible heat problem.

Other than that, I don't know if I can help, but maybe the peeps at nforcershq can

Blakhart
02-20-03, 06:49 PM
If you have not been there already, got at the nforcershq web and check into this. I suspect that a mobo driver update will help.
Search there for more.