PDA

View Full Version : NvMediaCenter autostart removal for 91.31

fuelrod
08-26-06, 08:58 AM
Is there any way to stop the NvMediaCenter (i.e. system trey program) from loading everytime windows starts? I've used several startup removal programs and it just comes back every time I remove the registry entry. I didn't have this problem before upgrading to the 91.31 drivers.

JaxMacFL
08-26-06, 09:57 AM
Make sure you have 'Enable taskbar icon' unchecked and applied in the control panel and delete the Media registry entry. Reboot and repeat again. On the second reboot it should not load.

SLippe
08-26-06, 10:16 AM
Or just install the 91.33 set.

fuelrod
08-27-06, 12:15 AM
Make sure you have 'Enable taskbar icon' unchecked and applied in the control panel and delete the Media registry entry. Reboot and repeat again. On the second reboot it should not load.

Thanks for the suggestion but it didn't work. Still just came right back on the reboot.

JaxMacFL
08-27-06, 07:34 AM
I'll be danged. That's what I do with every new set of drivers to get rid of the tray icon. I only use the 'classic control panel'. Never tried that with the 'new' control panel layout. Did you try it with the 'classic' control panel? Just did it with the 91.36 drivers and no tray icon.