PDA

View Full Version : 7950 does it work?

7950User
08-26-06, 10:33 AM
I purchased this super expensive video card for my new rig, the motherboard i have is the Asus P5W DH Delux, and it wasn't officially supported on the nVidia website.

When i run some game demos on the new rig, all works fine, but how can i tell if One or both GPU's are being used? I have this weird feeling that only one is being used,

I ran the 3DMark05 benchmark(free version) and got a score of 7800 with a 805 D Intel CPU.

Can anyone please help me out?

Burnt_Ram
08-26-06, 10:48 AM
I purchased this super expensive video card for my new rig, the motherboard i have is the Asus P5W DH Delux, and it wasn't officially supported on the nVidia website.

When i run some game demos on the new rig, all works fine, but how can i tell if One or both GPU's are being used? I have this weird feeling that only one is being used,

I ran the 3DMark05 benchmark(free version) and got a score of 7800 with a 805 D Intel CPU.

Can anyone please help me out?
i think you might be right. i get 12k in 05 with my GT's. sorry i can't help you tho. if it was 2 cards i would have some suggestions ;)

7950User
08-26-06, 11:06 AM
i think you might be right. i get 12k in 05 with my GT's. sorry i can't help you tho. if it was 2 cards i would have some suggestions ;)
You get 12K ? but what CPU are you using? The A64 3200?
i think that would give you a boost over my 2.66Ghz 805 D cpu.

K007
08-26-06, 11:12 AM
I get arround 11kish..

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=1918818#post1918818

Enable Load balance bars through that and you can see if they work properly..strange enuf my BFME2 profile never worked..as i had to use global settings..and it seems once i took out all the profiles and re ran the games and stuff..i get full same results and it is by default AFR mode..i think this mode is hardcoded into the gx2

7950User
08-26-06, 11:20 AM
I get arround 11kish..

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=1918818#post1918818

Enable Load balance bars through that and you can see if they work properly..strange enuf my BFME2 profile never worked..as i had to use global settings..and it seems once i took out all the profiles and re ran the games and stuff..i get full same results and it is by default AFR mode..i think this mode is hardcoded into the gx2

Your CPU is a lot better than mine i think wouldnt' that impact performance in testing. Damn, how did you enable that green bar in those screen shots?
I haven't had an nVidia video card in 5 years, i've been using ATI with my old rig, i have no clue about nVidia drivers, settings or anything else nVidia.

7950User
08-26-06, 11:16 PM
Anyone?
nobody out there knows how to test this funny video card, to see if we got 2 working together?

K007
08-27-06, 12:19 AM
I just gave you the link that has screenshots / etc..and how to get the sli bars going on..it seems by default the gx2 is made to use afr..not a single game i had came out to be sfr..

7950User
08-27-06, 01:38 AM
I just gave you the link that has screenshots / etc..and how to get the sli bars going on..it seems by default the gx2 is made to use afr..not a single game i had came out to be sfr..

I'm so behind the times i don't even know what AFR or SFR mean :D
I will dig some more on that, thanks for the info.

nekrosoft13
08-27-06, 01:50 AM

AFR in general is better, only few games use SFR, and the only reason they use SFR, because simply AFR won't work

there are 3 modes

AFR (AFR2 is just AFR with certain compabiltiy bits) = alternative frame rendering
SFR = split screen rendering
and
SLI AA = yes you can use SLI AA on single GX2

K007
08-27-06, 03:53 AM
AFR in general is better, only few games use SFR, and the only reason they use SFR, because simply AFR won't work

there are 3 modes

AFR (AFR2 is just AFR with certain compabiltiy bits) = alternative frame rendering
SFR = split screen rendering
and
SLI AA = yes you can use SLI AA on single GX2

I know..i was testing out SLI8xAA..cauldn't tell anything special..because 1280x4xaa is pretty solid