PDA

View Full Version : BioShock interview at Gamespot

CaptNKILL
08-27-06, 03:54 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/bioshock/news.html?sid=6156206

Its a few days old, but I didnt see it posted and its a pretty informative read.

This game is going to be sweet. :)

Gaco
08-27-06, 04:58 AM
Halo 3, Mass Effect, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars and BioShock are at the top on my most-anticipated games list. I really, really hope BioShock can run on my system :)

anticitizenzero
08-27-06, 11:57 AM
Has anyone seen video of bioshock yet?

Gaco
08-28-06, 11:09 AM
Has anyone seen video of bioshock yet?

Guess not.. But I have read previews telling how amazing the water physics was done in real time. I can't wait to see it myself :)

Becoming
08-28-06, 12:20 PM
I really like how some of the interface seems just like SS2 (the "box" shown around an item in one of the screenshots). I can't wait. It gave me that warm, fuzzy feeling. :D

CaptNKILL
08-28-06, 11:43 PM
This is sorta OT, but I've been playing one of Ken Levine's previous games, Thief: The Dark Project for the first time recently. I remember liking the demo when I first played it in 1998, but I just never got around to buying it before. I know its pretty dated, but I have to say I havent been real impressed so far. I can really get sucked into most great games no matter how old they are... but this one just isnt grabbing me for some reason.

The first level (the one from the demo) was fun. But after that, the game just seems kind of tedious and sort of sloppy. The sneaking part is cool, but all too often it just doesnt work, so you have to fight, which sort of breaks the atmosphere of the whole game to me.

I ended up just playing it like an assassin (sneaking to kill enemies rather than sneaking to avoid them) to keep myself interested after level 2, but now, just a few levels in I'm already getting bored. After the first half hour in a level I find myself just trying to hurry and finish my goal to end the mission because there isnt much else to do.

Maybe I'm just not doing something right. I usually love most shooter hybrid games like this. Deus Ex, Deus Ex:IW, System Shock 2 etc...

I think one major turn off for me is that it doesnt really feel like the game is tied together from mission to mission. The little movies are ok, but there really arent any characters or personalities that carry over from mission to mission. Just a few names here and there that crop up more than once. In fact, your own inventory doesnt even carry over. So if you buy a bunch of stuff with your hard earned (stolen ;)) money but you dont end up using it all, you have to buy more of the same stuff for the next mission.

I really thought I'd like this game, but I guess its just not for me. I'll keep at it, but if anyone has some tips on how I can hopefully improve the experience, I'm open to any suggestions.

Becoming
08-29-06, 01:55 AM
If I go back to play a Thief game it's usually number two or three (not sure why). The first one is a bit harder to slog through, although it does have some really good parts.

nekrosoft13
08-29-06, 06:49 AM
i never liked Thief 1, never tried Thief 2, but i did like Thief Deadly Shadows.

Deus Ex is one of my favorite games of all time. Why did they had to screw up Deus Ex IW!!

Gaco
08-29-06, 08:28 AM
Bioshock Developer Video Interview from GC in GC Leipzig on GT:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=12743&type=wmv&pl=game

El sweeto :)

Becoming
09-05-06, 11:30 PM
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/bioshock/730605p1.html

4-pager at Gamespy.