PDA

View Full Version : Who likes Ubisoft?

Zelda_fan
08-27-06, 01:43 PM
You know with EA really screwing up the gaming industry, I have to admit, I really like Ubisoft. They are a great example of how you can be a giant corporation, and still make quality games. They are really doing a lot of great things on the XBOX360 and have had a lot of great franchises in the past:

Myst series
GRAW
Splinter Cell
Enchanted Arm
Prince of Persia
Rayman
Assasian's Creed
Red Steel
FarCry

Overall I think they are a great game company.

Ninjaman09
08-27-06, 02:01 PM
Very much agreed!

jAkUp
08-27-06, 02:03 PM
I like 2K games :) They seem like a very decent publisher.

spoop
08-27-06, 02:05 PM
Don't forget Brothers in Arms, thats a great game.

nV`andrew
08-27-06, 02:13 PM
I like 2K games :) They seem like a very decent publisher.

yep! :)

as for ubisoft, they make great games, but they are horrible at managing multiplayer games IMO

S.I.N
08-27-06, 02:23 PM
I like good games period, regardless of the publisher so yes I like UBI.

oldsk00l
08-27-06, 02:25 PM
I was just thinking this the other day. GRAW, SC:CT, the PoP games...and the history of those games/franchises shows that Ubi has a really adventurous and risk-taking side to them. Granted they ran PoP games for a while, they consistently were great ones. I'm a huge fan of them generally. They also have a great cross platform policy *generally*. Usually you can play the xbox version of a tri-platform game and see the extra advantage of it. This is more like a 60/40 ratio though, some of it I really didn't like (the two thrones for example).

|MaguS|
08-27-06, 02:28 PM
I like ubisoft but they aren't all great... the R6 series has lost all its original appeal.

CaptNKILL
08-27-06, 02:50 PM
I voted yes because they seem like a decent company, but I dont really like any of their games. I dont think I've purchased a single one. I have like 5 though because they always bundle them with video cards. :p

stncttr908
08-27-06, 03:23 PM
They had a little gaffe with the whole Starforce thing, but that has since passed. I see them really as the lone hope left against EA. :D

SH64
08-27-06, 03:31 PM
I like SC , POP & FarCry .. so thats enough reason for me to like Ubi! :D

anticitizenzero
08-27-06, 05:14 PM
I do now that they dropped StarForce

RAY16
08-27-06, 06:14 PM
I like some of their franchises, but they don't support their games enough post-release. Well, with the exception of GRAW, I guess.

nutcrackr
08-27-06, 07:45 PM
Only game I really enjoyed from them is Far Cry, then they went and milked it on other platforms and left the PC gamers out to dry. Now they don't have Crytek I don't see any reason to like them much at all.

crainger
08-27-06, 07:58 PM
Only game I really enjoyed from them is Far Cry, then they went and milked it on other platforms and left the PC gamers out to dry. Now they don't have Crytek I don't see any reason to like them much at all.

I agree. FarCry: Instincts was great, I would have loved to see this on the PC. Maybe someone can mod it in.

ynnek
08-28-06, 12:07 AM
graw was released a bit early.. here's hope that the next patch, due before summer is over is good.

Zelda_fan
08-28-06, 12:24 AM
graw was released a bit early.. here's hope that the next patch, due before summer is over is good.

GRAW actually worked flawlessly on the 360.

Mr_LoL
08-28-06, 12:50 AM
Don't forget Brothers in Arms, thats a great game.
I like ubisoft. They released one of my favourite racing games called racing simulation 3.

ralinn
08-28-06, 12:12 PM
Yeah, it had a huge number of bugs in it though :(

As for Ubisoft, I've always liked them, they seem like a solid Publisher.

Zelda_fan
08-28-06, 12:21 PM
Yeah, it had a huge number of bugs in it though :(

As for Ubisoft, I've always liked them, they seem like a solid Publisher.

I played through the unpatched version and beat the game with zero bugs.

ynnek
08-28-06, 01:39 PM

clarification, GRAW on the PC version had tons of bugs..

With the current patch 1.21, multiplayer is relatively stable now.. The biggest thing that irritates me is the widescreen aspect bug in multiplayer.. that and no SADS(although that is supposdily coming real soon). Netcode still "feels" funky.

On Singleplayer PC, I played single player up to a point, and then it started crashing alot. Its one of those deals that at one point, i think it was 1.16 created more problems than it fixed.. 1.21 may have fixed them(I remember one was sepcifically an AI bug that caused a game crash), but I only play multi player now.

It sounds like the they got a final patch coming by end of summer.. which is soon. Hopefully it solves the last quibbles of multiplayer.

I haven't played the Rainbow six games on PC, but what people tell me, is it still was buggy and sorta messed up even at the end of the support.