PDA

View Full Version : Point of Existence

Pages : [1] 2

stncttr908
08-27-06, 03:49 PM
Great new BF2 mod, I highly recommend it if you're as bored with the original game as I am.

You play as either Ukraine or German troops with modern weaponry. There's a great map that involves infantry only combat, which I feel is a really overlooked part of BF2. You're basically thrown in a heavily forested area with 63 other players, it's great!

The quality of the maps and new weapons rival those of the original game. If you want to breathe new life into BF2 and believe BF2142 looks like nothing more than a ****e EA expansion pack (as I do), check this out.

Official Site - http://www.pointofexistence.com
Download (1.1GB) - http://www.pointofexistence.com/mirrorlist3.php#fullclient
Servers - http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?rulename=gamevariant&ruleval=poe2&game=bf2&pg=1

If you download the client and the archive requires a password, it's the following:

..]POEv1.0.0[..]BIGthanksTOeveryoneWHOhasSUPPORTEDus]..

toxikneedle
08-27-06, 04:09 PM
mmm good ol POE. I used to be in the mod during its BF:V phase. Gonna give this a spin sometime.

stjuart
08-27-06, 09:07 PM
Took long enough for somone to post this awsome mod, wich makes vanilla BF 2 seem like total crap and its rip off expansions. good post and i hope to see alot of you people from this forum online.

S.I.N
08-27-06, 09:33 PM
I liked this mod on Vietnam but it really shines here. The textures are so damn sharp it makes BF2 look like crap. Looks great and feels great.

hemmy
08-27-06, 10:12 PM
doesn't take much to surpass BF2

knghtwhosaysni
08-27-06, 10:43 PM
I've been playing it a bit, and I really like it a lot :) That forested infantry-only map you were talking about is really cool and intense, but so are the other maps with vehicles. And you can spot for artillery and it comes from a mobile artillery vehicle that players have to aim, so no more of that commander artillery. Oh, and the aiming works much better-instead of BF2's random deviation, this hits on the crosshair, but there is more recoil. And there's blood effects instead of the puff of smoke. So yeah, I'm enjoying it so far :D

Rieper
08-27-06, 10:43 PM
First time I've seen this mod. I'll dust off BF2 and give it a try...

Thanks OP.

stncttr908
08-27-06, 11:02 PM
Oh man, this is some good stuff.

CaptNKILL
08-28-06, 01:34 AM
Oh man, this is some good stuff.
I just downloaded it. We'll have to play some time. :)

I'll go test it out now.

BTW, does anyone know if its possible for any BF2 mods to increase the draw distance on vehicles and infantry? Every time I see something disapear while I'm trying to shoot at it, I feel like I'm going to have a brain aneurism. Its seriously one of the most irritating things I've ever experienced in game (that isnt a bug).

I know itd be cheating if you could do it in normal BF2, but I'm just really hoping that mods like this can do it in the future (if they havent already).

nekrosoft13
08-28-06, 07:27 AM
thats some other good mods?

is there any mod that would allow 128+ players?

any shader mods? that would add some new graphics?

also what was the name of that mod that allowed you to play with MP games with bots?

K007
08-28-06, 07:30 AM
This is sweet.

Vik1dk
08-28-06, 11:53 AM
First time in along time ive enjoyed playing, i give it 10 out of 10 :thumbsup:

Gaco
08-28-06, 11:57 AM
This is perfect! You guys really sound like you love it and I just found my BF2 CD key after it have been lost in 1 full year! Wooh :nana:

I'm surely gonna try this one..

xwl
08-28-06, 12:32 PM
It's like I bought a new game.

stncttr908
08-28-06, 07:17 PM
Hah, I was playing earlier and got banned because I didn't know how to use mobile artillery properly.

I hate dickhead admins on power trips. The f'ing mod has been out for two days. :D

CaptNKILL
08-28-06, 07:22 PM
Hah, I was playing earlier and got banned because I didn't know how to use mobile artillery properly.

I hate dickhead admins on power trips. The f'ing mod has been out for two days. :D
:lol:

Reminds me of the first time I loaded up BF2142. Some guy was bitching me out because I bailed out of a fighter helicopter\jet thing after I realized that I couldnt see anything (because of the horrible white glare) and that the flight controls actually defaulted to non-inverted. "ZOMG YOU WORTHLES @#(*#*&$^&*#$&*@^$ *(@&#(*@&#ing BAILER!!!". :lol:

Quickstar
08-28-06, 10:11 PM
Yea cool mod, I just downloaded it last night. I love the infantry-heavy maps. Thanks for the pointer!

Gaco
08-29-06, 04:08 AM
:lol:

Reminds me of the first time I loaded up BF2142. Some guy was bitching me out because I bailed out of a fighter helicopter\jet thing after I realized that I couldnt see anything (because of the horrible white glare) and that the flight controls actually defaulted to non-inverted. "ZOMG YOU WORTHLES @#(*#*&$^&*#$&*@^$ *(@&#(*@&#ing BAILER!!!". :lol:

lol pwned :p

Are vechiles, especially aircrafts as dominant as in BF2 or more balanced out?

stncttr908
08-29-06, 12:28 PM
Well a lot of levels simply don't have them, which is nice. When they do, they don't seem to be the nuisance that they were in the original game.

Gaco
08-29-06, 12:52 PM
Sweet :)
I'll give this a roll later tonight, maybe tomorrow..

stncttr908
08-29-06, 12:54 PM
If people have any favorite servers they'd like to hit up later, post them here and we'll play. I'd do the same, but I was banned from mine for no reason. :rolleyes:

Gaco
08-29-06, 01:06 PM
If people have any favorite servers they'd like to hit up later, post them here and we'll play. I'd do the same, but I was banned from mine for no reason. :rolleyes:

lol I remember that BF2 had a LOT of nazi admins - too bad the PoE has taken on that heritage:p

|MaguS|
08-30-06, 08:25 AM
Is this really worth reinstalling BF2 for?

stncttr908
08-30-06, 10:53 AM
Is this really worth reinstalling BF2 for?
I think so.

Rayman1968
08-30-06, 11:17 AM
The original PoE didn't do much for me, but I'm really liking this new one. And that one infantry map, Fallen, is absolutely great.....and I generally HATE infantry maps.