PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Announces "ChillStream" PC Controller

jAkUp
08-27-06, 09:34 PM
Looks like the XB360 controller :)

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/news/US/EN,contentid=12644,crid=34

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=20036&stc=1&d=1156732455

Viper_0000
08-27-06, 09:51 PM
I hate the Xbox 360 controller and the Xbox S Controller. The only get controller that was ever made in all of history was the Xbox Duke controller, kthnxbi. Looks nice, maybe this will have the subtle changes to make me buy it, but I don't look forward to the most likely calibration issues this will get within 3 days, lmao.

crainger
08-27-06, 09:53 PM
Cool :)

Great move by MS making 360 controllers compatiable with PC. Even better that Logitech is following suit.

ViN86
08-27-06, 10:12 PM
bah, just get an MS 360 controller :p

i love mine, works with madden 07 flawlessly

Bearclaw
08-27-06, 10:12 PM
This looks really cool. I have just always used my mouse and keyboard when I started PC gaming but I have been planning on getting one for a while now. Without one, it is hard to drive a car or use any kind game with something like that incorporated into it.

a12ctic
08-27-06, 10:41 PM
the best, and only good controller ever made, was the original xbox controller, that thing was a beast, i love it.

sirplayalot
08-27-06, 11:12 PM
That thing looks sick! I just bought my second Logitech Rumble Pad controller as I will soon be getting Madden 07 for PC! I dont have a 360 and cant stand PS2/Xbox graphics anymore.

jAkUp
08-27-06, 11:14 PM
Yea I just read a review on the PC version of Madden 07, and I cannot believe they are still using the XBox/PS2 engines for the PC version... sad :(

Arioch
08-27-06, 11:33 PM
Yea I just read a review on the PC version of Madden 07, and I cannot believe they are still using the XBox/PS2 engines for the PC version... sad :(

Where you been? Your scrawny system couldn't handle the full power of a newer console game...

Zelda_fan
08-27-06, 11:46 PM
I smell a Microsoft copyright lawsuit.

Zelda_fan
08-27-06, 11:47 PM
Where you been? Your scrawny system couldn't handle the full power of a newer console game...

I hope that was a joke lol. A quad SLi system scrawny... LOL.

Arioch
08-27-06, 11:48 PM
I hope that was a joke lol. A quad SLi system scrawny... LOL.

Umm, yeah :D

nekrosoft13
08-28-06, 06:22 AM
That thing looks sick! I just bought my second Logitech Rumble Pad controller as I will soon be getting Madden 07 for PC! I dont have a 360 and cant stand PS2/Xbox graphics anymore.

umm, you do know that EA uses ps2/xbox engine to run the PC version of all their sports games?

boycott EA

jolle
08-28-06, 06:56 AM
Looks like the XB360 controller :)
Hmm, a few years ago there was alot talk (perhaps recently aswell?) about a fixed controller standard to come with Vista, I spose it would be pretty much what the XB360 controller is, which also makes crossplatforming between the 2 easier.
Maybe its on its way in, MS sells a PC version of the standard controller aswell as everyone knows.
I spose it could be beneficial in a few ways to have a standard for it, instead of the myriad of failed attempts with original ideas for controllers that has come and gone on PC.
Easy crossplatforming, perhaps aided by "Live anywhere" crossplatform gaming, easier to support by devs since they know what they can use etc..

Ofcource that would apply to the buttons and controller layout, not the basic shape of the thing.
EDIT
Im assuming this is a "fanned" controller? I got one when I bought a used Xbox, was pretty nice to cool sweaty hands hehe..
but it broke pretty fast, not suprisingly at all either.

saturnotaku
08-28-06, 10:36 AM
FYI, MS just released a wireless XB 360 controller for Windows.

sharangad
08-28-06, 02:04 PM
FYI, MS just released a wireless XB 360 controller for Windows.

The trouble with Microsoft XB 360 controller for Windows is that with Microsoft's drivers you get no control over it like dead zone adjustments. You get all that using the freeware XB 360 gamepad driver which works with Xbox 1 gamepads as well.

Logitech's PC gamepads of late, like Nintendo's pads, auto detect the analogue stick centres on boot up/connector plug in. Which means if you hold a stick to the side when the driver is initialising that position becomes the centred/home position.

nekrosoft13
08-28-06, 02:28 PM
i want thrustmaster rechargeable wireless controller

has dual triggers
rechargaeble
wireless