PDA

View Full Version : Ninety-Nine Nights (360)

ralinn
08-28-06, 11:58 AM
Hey guys,

Not found a thread about this anywhere so I may as well start one ^_^

I've been playing this game over my week off from work, and I really didn't expect much at all seeing as it's had such bad reviews. Thankfully I ignored them and grabbed it anyway.

I was really surprised, I've found it really addictive and even after I've completed the game with all the characters (and secret character), I've found myself going back through the levels to get all my characters upto their highest level! I've found it great fun.

Not really the best of stories as the way the game progresses is quite weird. You'll have to complete the game with every character and complete a secret mission in order to be shown the whole story. So when you complete it with one character, there's loads of holes in the story and you have no idea what's going on.

So... anyone else played it?

Cheers,
russ

Peoples-Agent
08-28-06, 12:11 PM
There was another thread about this game, must have come and gone that fast. LOL

Can't say i'm that bothered by it, rather play Dead Rising myself.

ralinn
08-28-06, 12:14 PM
There was another thread about this game, must have come and gone that fast. LOL

Can't say i'm that bothered by it, rather play Dead Rising myself.
Dead Rising still isn't out over here :cry:

Zelda_fan
08-28-06, 12:15 PM
I played the demo, and honestly, I kind of liked it. But it got horrible reviews, and everyone said it was nothing but a button masher, so I never picked it up. But lately I've been playing the demo and really considering buying it. I may snag it off of ebay.

Peoples-Agent
08-28-06, 12:22 PM
I played the demo, and honestly, I kind of liked it. But it got horrible reviews, and everyone said it was nothing but a button masher, so I never picked it up. But lately I've been playing the demo and really considering buying it. I may snag it off of ebay.

Just bought Saints Row to be delivered on release day, but have to say ...the most addictive game yet, and one I play more than any others is Fight Night 3.
Can't wait for the 4th installment.

I listen to the Rocky soundtrack streamed from the PC while i'm playing the game. LOL hah

GamerGuyX
08-28-06, 12:23 PM
I bought it the day it was released as well. I like it.

Then again it's expected of me since I'm a huge fan of the (gasp!) Dynasty Warriors series.

Zelda_fan
08-28-06, 12:29 PM
I bought it the day it was released as well. I like it.

Then again it's expected of me since I'm a huge fan of the (gasp!) Dynasty Warriors series.

I also liked Dynasty Warriors, but again, the reviews made me not want to get it. However, I may order it on ebay (need to ramp up me feedback).

Namrok
08-28-06, 12:37 PM
I don't usually play Hack & Slash games. The only ones I've played were Drakengard 1 & 2, which apparently were awful, but I enjoyed them well enough. Mostly the first one since Caim was such an unbeleivable badass, even though the 2nd one had better gameplay.

The demo for 99 Nights sucked me in, I played it a ton, even tag teamed it with a friend of mine until we figured out what combos actually worked well. There was kind of a steep learning curve for us since we never really played H&S games much.

I've made it through two of the characters so far, on my 3rd. I'm loving the game. Yeah, it gets repetitive, and you can get away with button mashing, but I have much more fun actually learning the combos and using them properly. Ashpharr's Y + X repeatedly combo destroys bosses, and I love it.

I love the feeling of raw power the game gives you. I'm sure people who play more H&Ses will be rather jaded by this point, but for me, I'm loving it. The save system sort of sucks, but I got the game prepared for that, so it's not bothering me too much. Besides, both the Drakengard games did the same thing.

H3avyM3tal
08-28-06, 12:53 PM
Thing with reviews is, that number below 8 makes it look like those are the crappiest games ever.

Dont trust bad reviews :)

ralinn
08-28-06, 01:59 PM
I love the feeling of raw power the game gives you. I'm sure people who play more H&Ses will be rather jaded by this point, but for me, I'm loving it.
If you like that, you'll love the later combos. As you know, when you level up, you learn a new ability... I managed to get Inphyy up to level nine and she learns her most powerful ability. She kinda jumps into the air, swoops down (with these light wings) and pretty much destroys ANYTHING in the way. Brilliant :)

May I also mention the music in this game. It's simply breath taking. Espeically the battle in the flatlands (which are my fav parts with every character).

I may snag it off of ebay.
If you find it cheap, I definitely recommend it!

Thing with reviews is, that number below 8 makes it look like those are the crappiest games ever.

Dont trust bad reviews
Couldn't agree more.

There's plenty of secrets in this game too, which I'm still working my way through :) Gotta max out all my characters first though!