PDA

View Full Version : The Inq is at it again (PS3 GPU downgraded)

ENU291
08-28-06, 02:19 PM
Don't shoot the messenger.

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=33995

|MaguS|
08-28-06, 02:21 PM
Someone beat you to this retarded news...
http://nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=75819

ENU291
08-28-06, 02:31 PM
Well since this is console news I looked here before posting. In any case even if this were true I don't see a 50MHZ reduction on the GPU and memory speeds that big a deal. If the rumors about the Cell processor going from 3.2 to 2.8 turn out to be true then that would be significate.

Bad_Boy
08-28-06, 03:34 PM
the INQ has been hating on the ps3 since time began.
They even said there were no ps3's running at e3 even AFTER somebody posted video and pictures of it running warhawk. (not talking dev kits either). They wouldnt even admit their lies, instead they flamed the guy with the pictures/video and said he was a fake.

evilchris
08-28-06, 03:54 PM
If it's bad news about PS3, is must be fake. If it's good news, it's always true.

Athena
08-28-06, 04:00 PM
This part was just to funny!!!!
" As a help to the fanbois who inevitably write in somewhat curious broken englishish every time their precious console gets re-specced in a downward manner, please cut and paste the following. It will save you at least an hour trying to figure out the parts of the keyboard that are not WASD:

You teh sux0r 2 sae teh PS3 is not going to teh r0x0r! Yew lie, yew 360 luvr. U teh sux! U maek thing up, go die!!!1111one!1!!!1 heheheheh"

hee hee :D

S.I.N
08-28-06, 04:10 PM
If it's bad news about XBox360, is must be fake. If it's good news, it's always true.

There we go.

Bad_Boy
08-28-06, 04:16 PM
If it's bad news about PS3, is must be fake. If it's good news, it's always true.
No I dont think you're listening to me.
INQ constantly spreads fud for ps3.

one of the staff members at e-mpire posted images and video of the ps3 running warhawk at e3 (not dev kit), emailed it to the INQ after their story saying that there were no ps3's running at e3. INQ replies with calling e-mpire liars and fakes because they don't want to admit their story was false.

Even in the recent G|C stuff, they said sony wouldnt turn on the ps3's because they don't work. Dispite them saying they wouldnt turn it on due to a secret they don't want revealed until TGS. Dispite the thing having a heatsink inside of the box.

I don't understand why anyone would take what the INQ says to be true.

Hex
08-28-06, 05:53 PM

Because there are a large amount of drooling idiots oout there (and on this board) who sit in their ivory towers where they have delusions that they are somehow important on the interweb.
Every single story that the Inquirer has thrown out there about the PS3 has been shot down and not once have they ever said "oh whoops, we were wrong" much like alot of the drooling idiots on here have jumped all over that same news and much like the Inquirer they got very silent when those things were debunked.
The same thing will happen in November, the PS3 will hit and all of the window lickers who spout all of the negative crap will just kind of give a collective "oh ...ok" (in private of course, on the boards they will pretend that they never said anything)

H3avyM3tal
08-28-06, 06:16 PM
As long as we get to play the games the way they said we will, the PS3 can run without a cpu for all I care.

This is not the same case as in pcs, so it deasn't really matters.
And that is IF it's true.

|MaguS|
08-28-06, 09:27 PM
No I dont think you're listening to me.
INQ constantly spreads fud for ps3.

one of the staff members at e-mpire posted images and video of the ps3 running warhawk at e3 (not dev kit), emailed it to the INQ after their story saying that there were no ps3's running at e3. INQ replies with calling e-mpire liars and fakes because they don't want to admit their story was false.

Even in the recent G|C stuff, they said sony wouldnt turn on the ps3's because they don't work. Dispite them saying they wouldnt turn it on due to a secret they don't want revealed until TGS. Dispite the thing having a heatsink inside of the box.

Let us not forget how "slow and broken" the PS3 is aswell...
http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=32171

kev13dd
08-29-06, 12:26 AM
Actually, the Inq gets more and more accurate the closer it gets to launch. Normally by launch day they finally have the story straight. We're what, less than half a year away? Less than 3 months? Who knows, they might actually be more accurate than we think

K

evilchris
08-29-06, 01:05 AM
There we go.

I talk **** about the X360 and its game library quite often thanks. I also talk **** about the HD-DVD addon and the "Eye" or whatever the hell it is. Nice try though.

Peoples-Agent
08-29-06, 01:19 AM
I talk **** about the X360 and its game library quite often thanks. I also talk **** about the HD-DVD addon and the "Eye" or whatever the hell it is. Nice try though.

That blasted XB Live eye, cam or whatever it is, nothing but a paedo attraction device. LOL Pointless.

Although I can see the HD-DVD addon having it's uses.

gram_vaz
08-29-06, 01:34 AM
There is talk that the RSX's clocks may be downgraded but the Inq is making too big a fuss over it. This 50MHz drop in speed is not going to cripple the ps3...

The Inq is crap written by kiddies.

EvilEye
08-29-06, 04:13 AM
Seams like everyone wants to focus on Inq instead of what it really is about... If you want to flame someone I think you should point your flamethrower at this "xbdestroya" guy who seams to be the source of this...

This comes from xbdestroya, moderator at e-mpire PS3 forum, generally honest and knowledgeable guy who conducts interviews with PS3 developers etc. In other words, I believe he wouldn't write this if devs didn't tell him it's true.
Yes, the Inquirer is trash, but the RSX, pending further news (because it's still subject to change mind you), has been downgraded.

I don't expect a big performance decline due to this myself, and I'm sure you'll hear many a dev back me up on that point. PS3 = Cell well before it equals RSX, and indeed, I have a pretty monster Cell interview coming up in the next 24 hours.

PS - Incidently, I don't think RSX was downgraded because Sony couldn't reach the speeds onsistently, I think it was downgraded because to get from 500MHz to 550MHz would have required a voltage bump that wasn't worth the added wattage and thermal constraints to the system.
http://forums.e-mpire.com/showpost.php?p=1212289&postcount=39
http://forums.e-mpire.com/showpost.php?p=1212295&postcount=43
Didn't find this in clear text in either threads here on nVnews...

lightman
08-29-06, 04:31 AM
This part was just to funny!!!!
" As a help to the fanbois who inevitably write in somewhat curious broken englishish every time their precious console gets re-specced in a downward manner, please cut and paste the following. It will save you at least an hour trying to figure out the parts of the keyboard that are not WASD:

You teh sux0r 2 sae teh PS3 is not going to teh r0x0r! Yew lie, yew 360 luvr. U teh sux! U maek thing up, go die!!!1111one!1!!!1 heheheheh"

I guess this moron never read any article from Fuad then. Funny. Abazovic must be one of the biggest retard with the less knowledge of the english language out there, and this moron makes fun of fanbois. Priceless... TheInq. Bah.

Bad_Boy
08-29-06, 04:51 AM
Seams like everyone wants to focus on Inq instead of what it really is about... If you want to flame someone I think you should point your flamethrower at this "xbdestroya" guy who seams to be the source of this...

That definately makes it more credible, xbdestroya is a good guy who hardly stretches the truth. Infact hes the one who I referred to on the first page when he proved the INQ wrong during e3. You just gotta realize EvilEye, many people (myself included) take what the INQ says with a very large grain of salt. Most of their claims are baseless and biased.

That said, I suppose we will find out how this turns out in the coming weeks. I wonder if 50mhz is really that big of a deal with g70 architechture, but ofcourse every little bit counts.

Please no one PM me about this either, I get enough PMs on a daily basis as it is. Frankkly, it came out at a bad time, but really, really, this is not a big deal. I can't emphasize enough how small this downgrade is in the larger context of things.

Toss3
08-29-06, 05:02 AM
I thought Nvidia was ready to ship at any moment, that it was Sony who was delaying things with the Blu-Ray? 50Mhz doesn't seem like much, but could easily add up to 100 3dmarks.. :o So were going to loose some fps! :( Especially when it comes to higher resolutions!

EvilEye
08-29-06, 05:06 AM
You just gotta realize EvilEye, many people (myself included) take what the INQ says with a very large grain of salt. Most of their claims are baseless and biased.

I also take them with a grain of salt, just think the thread became yet another Inq-flame thread. We all know; The Inq sucks and I think they have earned their reputation...

Toss3
08-29-06, 05:14 AM
I also take them with a grain of salt, just think the thread became yet another Inq-flame thread. We all know; The Inq sucks and I think they have earned their reputation...
I don't think The Inq sucks at all, I just see them as the celebrity magazines like US weekly, only for the electronics world; they collect spoilers and pictures they can find and write about it, even when they don't have the whole story. ;) It's entertaining, but as the magazines they also get proven wrong many times.

Bad_Boy
08-29-06, 06:00 AM
I don't think The Inq sucks at all, I just see them as the celebrity magazines like US weekly, only for the electronics world; they collect spoilers and pictures they can find and write about it, even when they don't have the whole story. ;) It's entertaining, but as the magazines they also get proven wrong many times.
I think you're talking about a different INQ lol. tabloids maybe?

Toss3
08-29-06, 06:08 AM
I think you're talking about a different INQ lol. tabloids maybe?
Heh I think you got me wrong. I just think of the Inq as the tabloid of electronics! :D

Bad_Boy
08-29-06, 06:24 AM
Heh I think you got me wrong. I just think of the Inq as the tabloid of electronics! :D

ah i see,

but I'm not sure how thats a good thing when they post false information, even when people prove them wrong, and then continue to call those people liars.

rek075
08-29-06, 11:08 AM
It got so quiet in this thread after the story was shown to be likely true.