PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else noticed this before?

Quick420
08-28-06, 02:23 PM
What does this mean,and how can I stop it !!!!! It seems to be throttling my card back at a certain temperature.I have rivatuner telling me all fan speeds are 100% I dont see a gpu temperature throttle on/off setting anywhere.....makes me wonder

nekrosoft13
08-28-06, 03:21 PM
as far as i know it can't be turned off.

how high did the temps get?

Quick420
08-28-06, 03:48 PM
Thats the weird thing,my card never even approaches 60c most of the time its 52-54c.I'm going to poke around and see if I can find some more info on this one.

tymon
09-02-06, 04:22 AM
I don't have the same card, 6600gt, but I had a similar problem. while playing a game with harsh graphics my card would let me know about power problems to the card etc.

There was no problem power or temp, emailed inno3d support and they sent me a firmware update for the card. since then no problems found.

rewt
09-02-06, 06:34 AM
What does this mean,and how can I stop it !!!!! It seems to be throttling my card back at a certain temperature.I have rivatuner telling me all fan speeds are 100% I dont see a gpu temperature throttle on/off setting anywhere.....makes me wonder

It is not throttling the fan speed or temp. It is throttling the GPU speed.

L2 > L0 transition means the card is throttling from 3d speeds to 2d speeds, because of too much stress. Lower your clocks, update firmware, or get better cooling.

Quick420
09-02-06, 12:51 PM
I flashed with a modified bios (all 3 clocks set to 400/900) no artifacts,never ever exceeds 60c,totally stable.I guess this is the only way around the issue.I used to notice small fps dips while playing Enemy Territory,but since updating with this tweaked bios it never dips from 76fps at all.BTW in my sig it says I have arctic cooler 5,I always understood it was one of the top coolers around,but I digress.

RanCorX2
09-02-06, 12:54 PM
don't mean to be mean, but damn how can you work with that theme and mega-chunky taskbar?

Quick420
09-02-06, 04:56 PM
I switch themes almost daily.......and those shortcuts are just favorites in the taskbar.It's also set to auto-hide.You know how it is everyone has their own taste.

rewt
09-02-06, 10:13 PM
I flashed with a modified bios (all 3 clocks set to 400/900) no artifacts,never ever exceeds 60c,totally stable.

Good going, I forgot about that option. I once did the same thing with my FX 5900 @ 475/1000.

Your GPU is still being stressed at those clocks. It is obvious by the debug output in the control panel.

But that probably doesn't matter too much considering most of us upgrade at least once every two years anyways.