PDA

View Full Version : NV CP Overclocking

DarkJedi664
08-28-06, 02:35 PM
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but I couldn't find anything. The issue I'm having is, I volt modded my 7900GT and am currently at 700 core and 1800 memory; however in the NV CP, I cannot get more than 822 memory out of it. Is there a way to get over that hump and get more clock speed out of it? I'd personally rather not use RivaTuner or ATITool as for some reason, it never keeps my clock speeds after reboot. I'd much rather use the NV CP instead. Thanks.

rflair
08-28-06, 03:08 PM
Hardware wise if you flash the card with higher core and memory clocks the sliders will move for more headway.

Software wise use ATItool theres a submenu telling to set clocks on reboot and how you want it done, or Rivatunner.

DarkJedi664
08-28-06, 03:14 PM
I'd personally rather not use RivaTuner or ATITool as for some reason, it never keeps my clock speeds after reboot.

Unless you can show me where the setting is in ATITool, I can't find it. and RivaTuner just doesn't work properly, there's an OC limit there too.

SLippe
08-28-06, 07:13 PM
700/1800 is a nice OC. Did you volt mod the memory as well as the core or just the core? I did just core. I didn't want to take any chances on burning up my card with the memory volt mod.

What version of Rivatuner have you tried? Make sure you have the latest version and you shouldn't have any problems. My clock sliders go to 825/1185 which is reallly 825/2370. Remember, the memory clock is doubled on the slider. And make sure you tick the check box that says Apply overclocking at Windows startup.

Good luck.

john19055
08-29-06, 09:03 AM
Can't you use Coolbits to get 1800,with my 7900GT SS coolbits will go all the way to 971(1842).
The best way to do it ,is to download Nibitor and flash your card where you keep it set at ,just remember to make a backup file incase you need to flash back.

DarkJedi664
08-29-06, 10:57 AM
700/1800 is a nice OC. Did you volt mod the memory as well as the core or just the core? I did just core. I didn't want to take any chances on burning up my card with the memory volt mod.

What version of Rivatuner have you tried? Make sure you have the latest version and you shouldn't have any problems. My clock sliders go to 825/1185 which is reallly 825/2370. Remember, the memory clock is doubled on the slider. And make sure you tick the check box that says Apply overclocking at Windows startup.

Good luck.
I refuse to touch the memory as I don't want to fry my card, and I'm not 100% sure of myself. I just did the core. I was able to get to 1800 memory without any volt mods, but 1810Mhz is the highest I can go. I'd honestly just like to use the NV CP the most, but I have gotten ATI Tool to properly work, even at startup.