PDA

View Full Version : Adding an S-Video port to a 6200

courtneydidit
08-28-06, 05:51 PM
How can I add an S-Video port to my N6200, it only has a composite out which suck !

I am outraged that composite still even exist !!! (nana2)

saturnotaku
08-28-06, 06:00 PM
See this Web site. www.notgonnahappen.com

And no need for two posts, bucko.

GamerGuyX
08-28-06, 06:37 PM
How can I add an S-Video port to my N6200, it only has a composite out which suck !

I am outraged that composite still even exist !!! (nana2)

I am outraged that you are considering using crappy S-video.

courtneydidit
08-28-06, 06:47 PM
I am outraged that you are considering using crappy S-video.

lol yeah I know but my tv is an old Sony Trinitron S-42 si I have no better quality inputs than S-Video - unless... shall I mod my TV too ? :-)

thanks for that link ...going there now and will let you know of my results

sorry for the "double" post ;-)

courtneydidit
08-28-06, 06:53 PM
doh notgonnahappen.com ?

would you believe I actually went there ? lol :-)

no but seriously the circuitry is most certainly on the board

surely someone has done that before

ragejg
08-28-06, 07:46 PM
check the board to see if there's an empty spot for an s-video connector.

check to see if there's any other cards that use the same pcb that utilize an s-video out

if it's possible, obtain an s-vid connector from an electronics component reseller or from another vidcard

solder it in

flash the bios

there ya go.

... hell, if replacing an agp port, upgrading voltage regulators, replacing caps, adding multiplier switches is possible (I've done that), thin I'm sure this is as well.

(crazy)

Roadhog
08-28-06, 08:00 PM
... hell, if replacing an agp port, upgrading voltage regulators, replacing caps, adding multiplier switches is possible (I've done that), thin I'm sure this is as well.

(crazy)

got any pics? sounds awesome! (nana2)

ragejg
08-28-06, 08:06 PM
I do have pics on this forum somewhere when I soldered a multi switch on a kt266a mobo... back in 2k2...

The agp port replacement, well that was a rush job on a kt133a mobo... it's still in service with a duron 1000 with a cemented-on hsf (the clips broke on the socket connector)...

The voltage regultor job, that was when I was on a tear to break 10k in 3dmark01 with a GF3... heh, I volt-modded it, put a socketA hsf on it, custom ramsinks and a 7k tornado fan... there's pics of that somewhere here as well...

Ahh, memories... ;)

gram_vaz
08-28-06, 09:59 PM
I am outraged that you are considering using crappy S-video.It's surely better than composite, no? :rolleyes:

courtneydidit
08-29-06, 11:18 AM
Is it possible to derive the S-Video signal from the pin out of one or more of: VGA, Composite, DVI output pins ?

Here are a few images of the card:

http://www.pricescan.com/ItemImages/ImagesL/167704.jpg
http://news.pinsou.com/agent/article/edit/UploadFile/200631117643527.jpg