PDA

View Full Version : New Splinter Cell demo!

volt
02-14-03, 10:13 PM
downloading now :)
2 more missions hehe :D

fantomas
02-15-03, 01:42 AM
...set up to leech out tonight,... two more missions, yeessss! Hope this means the full game is only weeks away, games are just not coming out fast enough, Splinter Cell, Doom3, Stalker....

ascully
02-15-03, 02:55 AM
The full game is out Tuesday :)

The new demo rocks I love the third part where you swing across the crane awesome stuff :)

nin_fragile14
02-15-03, 11:01 AM
Great demo. Only problem is that nightvision is extremely choppy on my 9700 Pro, and it ran fine on the first demo.

Smokey
02-15-03, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by nin_fragile14
Great demo. Only problem is that nightvision is extremely choppy on my 9700 Pro, and it ran fine on the first demo.

Are you using the same drivers as you were with the first demo?

LORD-eX-Bu
02-15-03, 11:54 AM
umm... I can't get heatvision to switch on. Only nightvision, eh?:confused:

nin_fragile14
02-15-03, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Smokey
Are you using the same drivers as you were with the first demo?

Actually, I tried it without Antialiasing, and the nightvision worked perfectly. For some reason, it gets really choppy with AA turned on.

I'm using newer drivers than I did for the first demo. At least they fixed the problem of the lights bleeding through the walls.

Nutty
02-15-03, 02:54 PM
Yeah no thermal for me yet either..

Can anyone tell me where the backdoor entance to the police station is? I've been wandering around for ages and cant find it. I think I've found the front gate to the cop-shop, but cant seem to get in.

Any clues?! cheers.

cricket
02-16-03, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Nutty
Yeah no thermal for me yet either..

Can anyone tell me where the backdoor entance to the police station is? I've been wandering around for ages and cant find it. I think I've found the front gate to the cop-shop, but cant seem to get in.

Any clues?! cheers.

you must go into the area with water fountain in middle and then into the corner with the bushes,,crouch down and turn on night vision to see small entry way to a small room with a computer in it..get info from the computer...go to door and enter code you recieved from computer info. (code can also be found by hitting 'esc' key and going to your "notes" section once your get to that computer that gives the information. if you really cant find the code to get in post a reply here again, and if you make it past that section let us know you made it with a reply.

cricket
02-16-03, 12:44 AM
i didnt get thermal until i got to the third section of the demo. the one that starts out in the parking garage area.

cricket
02-16-03, 12:50 AM
are you guys also feeling that this demo is a lot harder than you thought it would be? and the jumping to/ jumping up to parts seem difficult to achieve sometimes? it is like..if you dont jump just right, you dont get to where your suppose to have gone. but overall the game is very fun and challenging. also very nice shadow lighting and graphic's. i like it when you pass the guy in the prision cell and he say's "who the hell are you"? one lesson i learned...make sure you look hard for those "AMMO PACKS" if you run out of ammo it is a bitch!(they are very hard to find sometime's. the medical kits are somewhat easier to find though.

LORD-eX-Bu
02-16-03, 12:54 AM
LOL, I can get thru that mission with just using 1 bullet. Ammo usually isn't a concern, but yeah, on the XBOX version, when I played that, I ran out of ammo, that was interesting hehe:D

Nutty
02-16-03, 07:29 AM
and if you make it past that section let us know you made it with a reply.

Yeah I got that part. After you use the computer it says get into the police precinqt. You're suposed to use the backdoor. I found it, by using the ghost command. Seems you have to get over that big gate. I notice theres a wire high up, but I just cant seem to get to it.

Anyway I cheated and used the ghost command, and got onto the next level.

Now I'm stuck in the car park area. After going up the stairs and killing them 3 dudes, theres a window open with a crane outside holding a big block.. What do I do here.. I always end up dying or something..

cheers.

P.S. I have to say I think the graphics are awesome, the sound is lovely, but its very unintuitive what to do sometimes.. controls could be a little better too.

The map seems completely useless, I cant make any correlation between it and where I am.

MrNasty
02-16-03, 07:39 AM
I noticed extreme choppyness when I eneabled AF in night vision.

I disabled it and it was really smooth, Yet to try AA. But who needs it theres are just gimmicks anyway that you don't really notice. At least I don't notice them.

Top game.

Red Dog
02-17-03, 12:39 PM
to get over the fence near the station back door you have to stand on teh dumpster near the wall, jump up once and while you are still in the air jump sideways.

you will jump up and bound off the side wall onto the top of the fence wall.

for the crane, you dont need to jump. just run out of the window full sprint and you will hang on the crate.

remember to increase your rate of speed to fast using the mouse wheel before running.

the demo's ending is stupid in my opinion. I enter the elevator, the games intro plays and im back in the game menu at 640x480.

since it changes the resolution im thinking "is it a bug"?

but its not a bug its just the end of the demo.

Sazar
02-17-03, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Red Dog
to get over the fence near the station back door you have to stand on teh dumpster near the wall, jump up once and while you are still in the air jump sideways.

for the crane, you dont need to jump. just run out of the window full sprint and you will hang on the crate.

remember to increase your rate of speed to fast using the mouse wheel before running.

the demo's ending is stupid in my opinion. I enter the elevator, the games intro plays and im back in the game menu at 640x480.

since it changes the resolution im thinking "is it a bug"?

but its not a bug its just the end of the demo.

I get the exact same thing... the actual mission is supposed to go on a bit more... the elevator drops dwn and what not per my friend who has it on xbox (I bought him teh game for b'day)

I was wondering if I was the only one getting this problem... sit in elevator.. it starts to go down and BAM... splash screen :(

if thats the ending I am happy that I finished it... if not then I am gonna see if there is some other way to go down...

people who have 'finished' the demo... do you all get a revert to splash screen on entering the elevator ?

btw rapelling down the wall on the last mission was hella cool :)

Nutty
02-17-03, 02:42 PM

Well thats obvious!

run?? Theres boxes in front of it which forces me to crouch.. but I'll give it a go..

cheers.