PDA

View Full Version : First hand look at retail PS3 (video)

Pages : [1] 2

Bad_Boy
08-29-06, 01:48 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=12742&type=wmv

mrrolf
08-29-06, 02:01 AM
The Sony guy seems like an idiot

Bad_Boy
08-29-06, 02:05 AM
The Sony guy seems like an idiot
Because hes a german who doesnt speak english well?

ArturNOW
08-29-06, 02:10 AM
I was about to make thread about this video :P (nana2)

S.I.N
08-29-06, 02:10 AM
It actually doesnt look that big to me but man is it gonna collect alot of dust and leave scratchy lines with that finish. My have to use gloves like that dude.(pirate)

ArturNOW
08-29-06, 02:45 AM
It actually doesnt look that big to me but man is it gonna collect alot of dust and leave scratchy lines with that finish. My have to use gloves like that dude.(pirate)
I think he was just back from techno clubs that's why he's wearing white gloves (nana2)

EvilEye
08-29-06, 03:02 AM
I really like the high gloss surface :) . Only negative thing is that it vill be very sensitive to scratches I'm afraid...

PeterJensen
08-29-06, 03:03 AM
I think he seems like a nice guy. But damn, that thing will get dirty quick :)

ArturNOW
08-29-06, 03:38 AM
Let's get dirty (nana2) but honestly who's gonna carry it, touch it... there are some ports which will get dirty: near the on button, memory card bay... and that's all imo.

Bad_Boy
08-29-06, 03:42 AM
Yeah the only time i think ill touch it, is when plugging the usb cables in to recharge or putting a memory stick in. Other than that, I think I'm more worried about dust. (my black lian-li has to be wiped down like every week cause the top of it gets a light coat of dust; though the blowhole fan on top may add to that im not sure)

But overall I think I like black electronics better, they look very clean when they are...uhh...clean. lol
I think every piece of tech i have is black, silver, or both. Even my cellphone.

Toss3
08-29-06, 04:35 AM
LoL did you read some of the comments the video has gotten? Someone said that Sony copied the X-button of the Xbox360! :D That guy sure hasn't used a wireless controller in awhile since they have to have an on/off-button. ^^ It's great that they're using USB-ports so that you might be able to connect an xbox360 controller to your ps3(might paint one black if possible).
Otherwise it looks neat, but it's gonna get dirty as most electrical equipment collect alot of dust. And I don't like the touch-screen panel; they always seem to have problems(my stove has a touch-screen panel and even a little dirt can keep it from working correctly).

Bad_Boy
08-29-06, 05:29 AM
It will be interesting in seeing how that touch screen panel works. I have a touchscreen electric stove myself, it's pretty responsive id say 95% of the time if you're not sloppy; what i mean by sloppy is that one accidental touching of another button usually can change the temp or somthing like that (It's very sensitive).

ENU291
08-29-06, 06:52 AM
After watching the video the 2 things that I likely immediately is that you do not need a "Play and Charge" kit to recharge the wireless PS3 controllers and that the AC adapter is integrated internally.

Bad_Boy
08-29-06, 01:54 PM
I suppose I never even thought about this hard enough. Remember during the e3 press conference, kaz said the ps3 was "Clear Black"?

Well the turns out, the ps3 is actually somewhat transparent.

from another forum
tell em the piano black PS3 is semi transparent
it doesnt show in most pictures because most digital cameras lack the quality to show it of
I had to put the camera in manual mode and tinker with the settings to get it to show
what you see is a huge fan that circulates the air trough the unit so it blows out from the vents on the side

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/5083/dsc05021mf1ve8.jpg

and if that wasnt weird enough, you get your own cleaning solution with the ps3. The ps3 will have a polyester coating. A special polishing liquid will be available to prevent scratches

watch the gametrailers video again, when he lifts the memory card lid up, you can actually see right through it.

Marvel_us
08-29-06, 05:27 PM
Hey that's pretty cool. So about every few weeks I'd have to polish up the PS3, lol.

Bad_Boy
08-29-06, 05:53 PM
Yeah I never would have noticed if I didnt see somebody call it out. It seems like you have to be very close to the ps3 in order to see inside, or in very bright light.

ENU291
08-29-06, 06:45 PM
In my opinion Sony could have skimped on the fancy plastic shell and lowered the damn price of the PS3.

Marvel_us
08-29-06, 07:45 PM
If it's gonna cost that much it might as well look "fancy".

Ruined
08-29-06, 11:07 PM
If it's gonna cost that much it might as well look "fancy".

Word is it that that the PS3 comes stocked with one of these (http://www1.mooremedical.com/index.cfm?PG=CTL&CS=hom&FN=ProductDetail&PID=10543) in one of the rear compartments for use directly after purchase of the $600 console.

Marvel_us
08-29-06, 11:25 PM
Word is it that that the PS3 comes stocked with one of these (http://www1.mooremedical.com/index.cfm?PG=CTL&CS=hom&FN=ProductDetail&PID=10543) in one of the rear compartments for use directly after purchase of the $600 console.

(dot)

ENU291
08-30-06, 07:07 AM
Hahaha! That was low... funny but low. ;)

oldsk00l
09-01-06, 07:52 PM
Ya know it does look quite nice.

I still like the 360 controller better, but that's only because got use to its controller configuration. I use to like dual shock quite a bit, I just could never really get into the groove for FPS gaming on a dual shock.

Cream
09-02-06, 10:41 AM
Wasn't the PS3 meant to have duel HDMI outputs? either my eyes are bad or there is only one on the back of that console.
Looks nice but a little large, but I don't realy go off what the console looks like hey I bought an Xbox :)
If the console delevers the goods it can look like a cardboard box to me :D, I'll be interested to see how good it is online, as that's now the main reason I have a console... LIVE rocks. Hope they can match it.

Acid Rain
09-02-06, 02:11 PM
Let's get dirty (nana2) but honestly who's gonna carry it, touch it... there are some ports which will get dirty: near the on button, memory card bay... and that's all imo.Look at all the idiots that scratched their 360 disks in the machine while it was running. People mangle their stuff. The PS3 will assuredly look like ass in most households.

Quickstar
09-02-06, 03:00 PM
It has such a cheap plastic look. I wish they used the same case material that is used to make receivers, even though i know that would be too expensive.