PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo's Contribution to Gaming.

Pages : [1] 2

Namrok
08-29-06, 11:30 AM
So I was looking on Game Rankings, seeing what was to be seen about Enchanted Arms, and accidentally clicked on a top 10 page. And I noticed something sort of surprising. If you sort by an average of all the published reviews of games, Nintendo has 4 of the top 10 games list. If you sort by user ratings, they have 5 of the top 10. I don't mean these games appeared on their system, I mean Nintendo made those games. You have to take a step back and think. I mean, aside from Atari, which now exists only in name as a publisher, Nintendo is one of the oldest companies in the market still making games, and still rather consistantly making hits, games polished to near perfection.

Makes me really wish that Nintendo can meet, or surpass, their prime when it comes to the Wii. Not really gonna hold my breath for it, but wouldn't it be an amazing thing if they did?

Just for reference, the top 10 games accorded to averaged reviews are

1: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
2: Soul Calibur (DC)
3: Metroid Prime (GC)
4: Tekken 3 (PS)
5: Resident Evil 4 (GC)
6: Super Mario 64 (N64)
7: GoldenEye 007 (N64)
8: Halo: Combat Evolved (Xbox)
9: Resident Evil 4 (PS2)
A: Half-Life 2 (PC)

According to user rating are

1: The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (360)
2: Resident Evil 4 (GC)
3: GoldenEye 007 (N64)
4: Super Mario 64 (N64)
5: Super Mario World (SNES)
6: Chrono Trigger (SNES)
7: Metal Gear Solid (PS)
8: The Legand of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
9: Super Metroid (SNES)
A: God of War (PS2)

S.I.N
08-29-06, 12:12 PM
I dont think anyone can deny Nintendo is a great company except the fan****s thats got into gaming when they got a XBox for Christmas. "Nintendo is just for kids", "I cant play there games because there too kiddy". Back in the 8-bit and 16-bit days they were the unquestioned kings.

I cant wait for the Super Mario Galaxy, if its anything like Mario 64 then I will be good for a few years with just that game.

GamerGuyX
08-29-06, 07:58 PM
I like Nintendo games sure. But only as an alternative usually to my games on other platforms.

I couldn't stand playing nothing but Nintendo-esque games if they became standard which would probably happen if they became number 1 again.

*shiver*

Zelda_fan
08-29-06, 08:20 PM
Yeah I know, becasue games like Chrono Trigger and Super Mario World would make gaming so miserable.

GamerGuyX
08-29-06, 08:24 PM
Yeah I know, becasue games like Chrono Trigger and Super Mario World would make gaming so miserable.

I never said I couldn't stand playing Nintendo games. I said I couldn't stand playing nothing but Nintendo games.

And I'm quite well aware of what games were offered on Nintendo's platforms thank you very much.

Zelda_fan
08-29-06, 08:36 PM
Great games exist on all platforms. This may come as a shock to you, but some of the PS3s games actually intrest me. Assasians Creed, Heavenly Sword, and FFXII are three games I really want to play. I certainly have respect for Sony and MS and appreciate what they've done for console gaming, but if I had to pick one company out of the big three, it would be Nintendo without question. They may not be what they used to be back in the glory days, but when you look at their entire library, they've produced a ton of amazing ****ing games.

|MaguS|
08-29-06, 08:37 PM

Chrono Trigger isn't a nintendo game... it was developed for a Nintendo platform. Nintendo in its current form is a joke compared to the SNES era...

I like more First party titles from Sony now then I do Nintendo...

GamerGuyX
08-29-06, 09:11 PM
Great games exist on all platforms. This may come as a shock to you, but some of the PS3s games actually intrest me. Assasians Creed, Heavenly Sword, and FFXII are three games I really want to play. I certainly have respect for Sony and MS and appreciate what they've done for console gaming, but if I had to pick one company out of the big three, it would be Nintendo without question. They may not be what they used to be back in the glory days, but when you look at their entire library, they've produced a ton of amazing ****ing games.

Like I said before, I like Nintendo games.

I'm alright with playing brightly colored games, with cheery looking characters and simple goals for a little while.

It just my gaming preferences are a lot more mature than what Nintendo mainly offers.

rek075
08-30-06, 01:21 PM
I like more First party titles from Sony now then I do Nintendo...

You're in a very small minority.

H3avyM3tal
08-30-06, 01:32 PM
Back in the 8-bit and 16-bit days they were the unquestioned kings.

Back in those days we were 8yrs old or somewhere along thise lines.
People grow up at some point :/

Rakeesh
08-30-06, 01:33 PM

Chrono Trigger was made by square, not nintendo.

|MaguS|
08-30-06, 01:53 PM
You're in a very small minority.

Jak and Daxter
God of War
ICO
Gran Turismo
Shadow of Colossus
Syphon Filter
Wipeout
Drakan
ATV Offroad Fury
Dark Cloud
Hot Shots Golf
Ratchet & Clank
Socom
Sly Cooper
Twisted Metal

Those are all series that have sold millions (So I couldn'y be the only one who enjoys them).

Ninjaman09
08-30-06, 02:27 PM
Like I said before, I like Nintendo games.

I'm alright with playing brightly colored games, with cheery looking characters and simple goals for a little while.

It just my gaming preferences are a lot more mature than what Nintendo mainly offers.
Geez I thought this retarded mindset was a thing of the past by now. Ironically it is the less mature people who make this argument. :rolleyes:

Gaco
08-30-06, 02:43 PM
Jak and Daxter
God of War
ICO
Gran Turismo
Shadow of Colossus
Syphon Filter
Wipeout
Drakan
ATV Offroad Fury
Dark Cloud
Hot Shots Golf
Ratchet & Clank
Socom
Sly Cooper
Twisted Metal

Those are all series that have sold millions (So I couldn'y be the only one who enjoys them).

Aren't most of those just published, not developed by Sony? How does God of War fit in?

GamerGuyX
08-30-06, 03:42 PM
Geez I thought this retarded mindset was a thing of the past by now. Ironically it is the less mature people who make this argument. :rolleyes:

Your a dumbass if you think the content of your average Nintendo game is anything like Saints Row, Max Payne, Quake 4, etc.

|MaguS|
08-30-06, 03:43 PM
Aren't most of those just published, not developed by Sony? How does God of War fit in?

All those games are 1st party titles with copyright all owned by Sony. GoW is developed by Sony's Internal Studio.

rek075
08-31-06, 10:00 AM
Jak and Daxter
God of War
ICO
Gran Turismo
Shadow of Colossus
Syphon Filter
Wipeout
Drakan
ATV Offroad Fury
Dark Cloud
Hot Shots Golf
Ratchet & Clank
Socom
Sly Cooper
Twisted Metal

Who was arguing about that? Of course lots of people enjoy them. But compared to:

Metroid Prime 1 & 2
Zelda Windwaker
Zelda TP
Super Mario Sunshine
Pikmin 1 & 2
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Wave Race Blue Storm
Avalanche 1080
Mario Kart Double Dash
Luigi's Mansion
Pokemon Colosseum
Mario Party 4, 5, 6, & 7
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Mario Power Tennis
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Super Mario Strikers
Donkey Konga 1 & 2 & Jungle Beat
Mario Superstar Baseball
F-Zero GX
Animal Crossing
Wario World

That list pales in comparison

|MaguS|
08-31-06, 10:07 AM
Who was arguing about that? Of course lots of people enjoy them. But compared to:

Metroid Prime 1 & 2
Zelda TP
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Wave Race Blue Storm
Avalanche 1080
Mario Kart Double Dash
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
F-Zero GX

That list pales in comparison

Theres the titles I enjoyed from your list...

Namrok
08-31-06, 10:12 AM
Jak and Daxter(1 & 3)
God of War
ICO/Shadow of Colossus

Here are the ones I enjoyed from your list.

That was rather pointless wasn't it? Doesn't prove a thing either way.

|MaguS|
08-31-06, 10:29 AM
Here are the ones I enjoyed from your list.

That was rather pointless wasn't it? Doesn't prove a thing either way.

Well considering my list was to show which titles I enjoy from Sony's first party lineup and his listed the ones he enjoyed from nintendos, I was able to show a comparison of how many more Sony 1st party titles I like over nintendos.

Your opinion was never brought into question or even requested... the only thing pointless is you in this thread.

Mr_LoL
08-31-06, 10:32 AM
Mario kart, Mario golf and Mario tennis. I will be buying a wii to play these games. Cant really beat 4 player Mario Kart. Shed loads of fun.

|MaguS|
08-31-06, 11:03 AM
Mario Kart is probably the last Mario game I really enjoy. It's always a blast to play with friends, I don't think it has left my DS since I got it.

ENU291
08-31-06, 11:04 AM
Playing Mario Kart for shots was the best back in the days. After about an hour or so you were lucky if you even finished a race! :D

rek075
08-31-06, 03:31 PM
Well considering my list was to show which titles I enjoy from Sony's first party lineup and his listed the ones he enjoyed from nintendos, I was able to show a comparison of how many more Sony 1st party titles I like over nintendos.

Your opinion was never brought into question or even requested... the only thing pointless is you in this thread.

But what exactly was the point in showing how you enjoyed Sony's games that much more than Nintendo's? I wasn't denying that, just stating that you're more the exception than the rule.

H3avyM3tal
09-01-06, 05:04 AM
rek075, you are a funny piece of work, I'll give you that.
Let me just say, that I enjoyed most games on your list (didnt play them all).

When I was a kid.
I still play sonic every couple of years or so... (and I know that sonic wasnt on the list)...