PDA

View Full Version : Call of Juarez Multiplayer Demo Feedback Thread

jAkUp
08-29-06, 12:42 PM
http://www.fileplanet.com/167069/160000/fileinfo/Call-of-Juarez-Mulitplayer-Demo

http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/callofjuarez/callofjuarez_mpdemo.exe.html

(w/opics)

Becoming
08-29-06, 01:00 PM
http://worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=36647&mode=thread&order=0

For those without FP membership (gamershell didn't have it up yet).

stncttr908
08-29-06, 01:21 PM
FileFront's mirror rocks!

http://files.filefront.com/CallOfJuarez+MPDemo/;5460926;;/fileinfo.html

|MaguS|
08-29-06, 02:05 PM
Seems to run alittle better but loading is still long as hell and well did the games footsteps always sound like crap? Maybe I never noticed preX-Fi.

MaXThReAT
08-29-06, 02:47 PM
Seems to run alittle better but loading is still long as hell and well did the games footsteps always sound like crap? Maybe I never noticed preX-Fi.

I havn't got to DL the Mp demo yet but don't forget the first load or new drivers it need to compile the shaders and will take forever and yeah the footsteps didn't sound great in the Sp demo. I really didn't like that part were it takes control and the 4 guys walk up. Their footsteps sounded really bad.

CaptNKILL
08-29-06, 03:28 PM
Damn, I didnt expect this today. :)

I was looking forward to playing the Dark Messiah MP beta, but this will do! :D

stncttr908
08-29-06, 03:35 PM
I just played for a bit, and meh. It got boring really, really fast. It looked like ass at the default settings for my system, but framerates were good.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=20067&stc=1&d=1156880132

nekrosoft13
08-29-06, 05:13 PM
i like it, to bad there is no bows in demo :|

but performance really improved, not sure for what reason.

i can't wait !!

K007
08-29-06, 05:52 PM
The 91.47 apperntly gave this game a boost..i never had the time to try it out..or the patientsto load the game -.-

CaptNKILL
08-29-06, 08:44 PM
Well, it deffinitely runs good... but I think its because they scaled the graphics waaay back from the single player game. It doesnt look anywhere near as good to me. Still looks decent though, just a bit bare.

It seems kinda fun, but I only played a team DM. It mostly just turned into a massive TK fest. That part was more fun IMO. :p

It doesnt really have any gameplay features that set it apart at all, so it seems pretty standard.

The netcode seems pretty good though. Hit detection was a little wierd, but overall it didnt feel laggy. Which is pretty good considering I still cant even PLAY Battlefield 2 or 2142 online at all. Even after my cable guy put in some new cable, that game is totaly broken online.

What a piece of s***. :rolleyes:

nekrosoft13
08-29-06, 10:04 PM
performance is better, but the funny thing is there is no SLI profile for MP demo

CaptNKILL
08-29-06, 11:20 PM
performance is better, but the funny thing is there is no SLI profile for MP demo
I made one. :D

brownstone
08-30-06, 03:27 AM
AA isn't available in this game for nvidia cards like the 7900gtx correct? The option is grayed out for me. Guess its cause of the HDR.

CaptNKILL
08-30-06, 03:44 AM
Man, there are no servers for this game.

At least none that work for me.

I played on ONE yesterday, and now its gone.

I tried making my own server, and no one joined after 20 minutes of running around on my own. I can tell this is going to be the multiplayer breakthrough everyone was making it out to be. :lol:

Now bring on the dark messiah MP beta! :D

stncttr908
08-30-06, 03:59 AM
I created a game earlier today (8 players) and it filled up pretty fast, probably because it was the only one.

Oh, and Cap, make sure that if you have a router the CoJ port was open (26100 I believe). It not, that would probably explain the tumbleweed blowing around in your game. ;)

CaptNKILL
08-30-06, 04:09 AM
I created a game earlier today (8 players) and it filled up pretty fast, probably because it was the only one.

Oh, and Cap, make sure that if you have a router the CoJ port was open (26100 I believe). It not, that would probably explain the tumbleweed blowing around in your game. ;)
Ya know, I just thought of that when I made my post.

Rest assured, I was making this face after I realized it. :retard:

BioHazZarD
08-30-06, 04:35 AM
one word.. laggy as hell they expect us to have fun like this ?

shungokusatsu
09-03-06, 10:10 PM
Basically played this all day yesterday, was fun for the time being. Game has issues though, mainly the graphics are downgraded, very downgraded from sp even with all settings maxed out. Player models don't look half as good as they do from the SP game, but that's understandable. Weapons, I really hope the final version has a better variety of weapons. They need to do something about TKing, every server I joined was loaded with them and no punishment system or admins. Is this a budget game? Those terrible asteriks for loading bars just gave me that feeling. Overall it really felt like a budget title, the loading, character models and that crappy carry the bag of money and see it on screen crap.