PDA

View Full Version : Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway E3 Footage

stncttr908
08-29-06, 01:30 PM
Over 13 minutes of 720p footage, well worth the 800MB download. Absolutely breathtaking!

And no "Can we actually hit something this time?" posts please.

http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/brothersinarms3/bia_e3demo_emea_1280x720.wmv.html
http://www.fileshack.com/file_download.x?fid=9355
http://www.fileplanet.com/167066/download/Brothers-in-Arms:-Hell's-Highway-E3-Demonstration-%5B13-Minutes%5D

SH64
08-29-06, 01:40 PM
Cool thanks!

|MaguS|
08-29-06, 09:44 PM
WoW, Performance looked poor and the city looks sterile aswell. Also got a great laugh at the whole "first person actor" comment as being the first ever and new to nextgen gaming. There are a handful of titles out now that have full first person imersive bodies.

Oh and I wont mention his comments on the aiming and bullets hitting where he aims...

Over all looks decent but nothing great.

Redeemed
08-29-06, 10:35 PM
WoW, Performance looked poor and the city looks sterile aswell. Also got a great laugh at the whole "first person actor" comment as being the first ever and new to nextgen gaming. There are a handful of titles out now that have full first person imersive bodies.

Oh and I wont mention his comments on the aiming and bullets hitting where he aims...

Over all looks decent but nothing great.

Unless the events such as the soldier stumbling over the wall and the building collapsing upon being shot by that 88 were scripted, it looks awesome. If those events weren't scripted, that would make for one heck of an awesome game.

Also, that motion blur was pretty impressive. I also like how the bricks look rather real in those structures.

And, back in those days, Holland was a pretty clean place. I know due to family over there during that time period. It also depends upon where in Holland you are. ;) But over all, it was rather clean.

Looks like a title I'll definitely buy. Though, I do wonder what hardware they were running it on, it did seem choppy. Makes me doubt whether or not my dual 7600s are up to such a game. :(

|MaguS|
08-29-06, 10:39 PM
And, back in those days, Holland was a pretty clean place. I know due to family over there during that time period. It also depends upon where in Holland you are. ;) But over all, it was rather clean.

Yes because we know during war no dirt ever gets on the road and the walls are scrubbed daily...

stncttr908
08-30-06, 02:56 AM
I knew someone would come in here and drop a giant deuce on this thread. MaGuS wasn't my first guess, but you were up there. :D

I kid.

|MaguS|
08-30-06, 08:18 AM
I knew someone would come in here and drop a giant deuce on this thread. MaGuS wasn't my first guess, but you were up there. :D

I kid.

Sorry for being honest... but after the first two titles... I have no reason to look foward to this game.

Redeemed
08-30-06, 09:24 AM
Yes because we know during war no dirt ever gets on the road and the walls are scrubbed daily...

Actually, the Dutch are typical neat-freaks. Even during the war, you'd be hard pressed to find a cleaner war-ravaged place than Holland. I'm speaking from relatives experiences- not my own. I'm 19- they're 80+ years old. And born and raised in Holland. They were there through WWII, as such I trust their comments over yours.

I admit, in the game it did look a bit "clean" for it to be in the middle of war, but it is pretty accurate of the Dutch culture. Granted, it wouldn't be that clean, but it'd be cleaner than most any other place at that time.

Over all, I think this game will rock. Though I haven't played the first two, this one looks quite fun. :D

Gaco
08-30-06, 10:03 AM
Sorry for being honest... but after the first two titles... I have no reason to look foward to this game.

Yes the "1. move 2. shoot 3. flank repeat"-gameplay from the first two games got quite tedious after a couple of hours. This installment just looks so good graphics wise, I can't help it but to be excited about it :D
But yeah I sure hope gameplay is improved..

Anyway I now know partky why I made the double thread post; this isn't E3 footage, it's GC footage ;)

stncttr908
08-30-06, 10:51 AM
Actually, the Dutch are typical neat-freaks. Even during the war, you'd be hard pressed to find a cleaner war-ravaged place than Holland. I'm speaking from relatives experiences- not my own. I'm 19- they're 80+ years old. And born and raised in Holland. They were there through WWII, as such I trust their comments over yours.

I admit, in the game it did look a bit "clean" for it to be in the middle of war, but it is pretty accurate of the Dutch culture. Granted, it wouldn't be that clean, but it'd be cleaner than most any other place at that time.

Over all, I think this game will rock. Though I haven't played the first two, this one looks quite fun. :D
Yeah, I think a detail such as this wouldn't be glossed over when they do so much research for each game's settings. I'm inclined to believe they got it right. :D

Oh, Gaco, everywhere I see it it's listed as E3 footage - 3DGamers, FileShack, etc. :D

Gaco
08-30-06, 02:38 PM
Yeah, I think a detail such as this wouldn't be glossed over when they do so much research for each game's settings. I'm inclined to believe they got it right. :D

Oh, Gaco, everywhere I see it it's listed as E3 footage - 3DGamers, FileShack, etc. :D

I just saw it at gametrailers.com as a GC trailer - which makes more sense now that E3 is months passed by, but it doesn't matter now anyway :)

SH64
09-01-06, 07:16 PM
Looks great , but performance was pretty bad & weapon models detail still look terrible!! even MOHAA's weapon models looked better.

anyway since i didnt play the second game this one will be interesting for me :D