PDA

View Full Version : Small SLI Question

No_Style
08-29-06, 09:27 PM
A small question. Why do I have to hook my monitor to the second video card for SLI to work? I did some quick searches, but found nothing.

The setup is 2 x 7800 GT on a DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-DR board and as I was searching on the net as to why SLI was not working on my machine, I uncovered this important piece of info: here (http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=17985&pid=109954&st=0&#entry109954).

feel a bit silly now,got SLI working all i had to do was put my dvi cable into the second card

What's the deal with that? By putting my DVI to the second video card I cannot see the boot process. Is there a way to fix that or is that how SLI works? I do wonder where the documentation of all this is as well... Any info would be great!

Otherwise... SLI is quite kick ass.

|MaguS|
08-29-06, 09:45 PM
No clue about you but SLi works fine for me with my monitor hooked up to the first card.

No_Style
08-29-06, 10:25 PM
No clue about you but SLi works fine for me with my monitor hooked up to the first card.

Thanks for reassuring me that is not normal. I went back and disabled SLI and rebooted the PC and plugged the monitor into the first card and all appears to be well now. Weird.

gram_vaz
08-29-06, 11:28 PM
Now enable SLI again!