PDA

View Full Version : When to expect DX10 cards ?

VISTREL
08-30-06, 08:32 AM
When do you think Directx10 compatible cards will be released ? I already made up my mind, and plan on getting new video card instead of PS3 :D I will probably go with Nvidia brand unless ATI will have more features.

Do you think that Nvidia would support unified shaders ?

ViN86
08-30-06, 08:50 AM
they will be released prior to vista. rumor has it, mid to late Q4 or early Q1 2007.

|MaguS|
08-30-06, 09:01 AM
Do you think that Nvidia would support unified shaders ?

Nope, They said their next card wont be using USA.

loafer87gt
08-30-06, 10:34 AM
I really wish Nvidia or ATI would give us users a rough idea of when to expect their new DX10 lineup. I would love to put together a new machine now, but I have no idea whether the G80 is going to arrive next month or next year. If someone came forward and said that it will not be out till next year, I wouldn't hesitate to pickup a GX2 to hold me over, but others are saying that the new cards could be out as soon as mid September.

This whole Vista / DX10 thing has been one big cluster****. Our big computer shop here in town shut down because of all the Vista delays. Everyone has heard about MS new big OS and how great the new features such as DX10 are, and as such are holding back their new PC purchase till Vista is released. Unfortunately, people have been waiting for Vista since this spring, and with recent announcements are going to waiting a lot longer.

hemmy
08-30-06, 10:44 AM
they will be released prior to vista. rumor has it, mid to late Q4 or early Q1 2007.

actually there are too many rumors to even make an estimated rumor

but honestly most places say Sept-Oct G80 Nov-Dec R600

ViN86
08-30-06, 11:30 AM
actually there are too many rumors to even make an estimated rumor

but honestly most places say Sept-Oct G80 Nov-Dec R600
well, their usefulness is still dependent on the vista release. even if they are released, it wont do anything with DX10 until you get vista. and vista should be out Q1 2007. i know its been pushed back so many times, but this is what microsoft continues to say.

microsoft is not going to release DX10 for XP. it will only be available with vista.

Rakeesh
08-30-06, 12:16 PM
Nope, They said their next card wont be using USA.

How is it supposed to be DX10 then?

jAkUp
08-30-06, 12:30 PM
USA is not a requirement of DX10.

snowmanwithahat
08-30-06, 02:41 PM
well, their usefulness is still dependent on the vista release. even if they are released, it wont do anything with DX10 until you get vista. and vista should be out Q1 2007. i know its been pushed back so many times, but this is what microsoft continues to say.

microsoft is not going to release DX10 for XP. it will only be available with vista.

they will still be useful then, being next gen cards obviously mean there will be a performance increase, so at the very least if they get released before dx10 and vista you still get improved performance

ViN86
08-30-06, 02:45 PM
they will still be useful then, being next gen cards obviously mean there will be a performance increase, so at the very least if they get released before dx10 and vista you still get improved performance
yes, but i was trying to emphasize the point that they may be released quite prior to vista. say MS delays vista until mid 07, making there be just enough time so that ATI and nV can release new cards.

personally, id rather have one of the top cards right before vista hits. but i know, some ppl must have the best, so they will buy them asap.

obviously they will have a performance increase. at least i hope so... :D

Kaguya
08-30-06, 03:21 PM
yes, but i was trying to emphasize the point that they may be released quite prior to vista. say MS delays vista until mid 07, making there be just enough time so that ATI and nV can release new cards.

personally, id rather have one of the top cards right before vista hits. but i know, some ppl must have the best, so they will buy them asap.

obviously they will have a performance increase. at least i hope so... :D

That's why I'm waiting for the G80. It's not about DX10 support only, it's that they 'hopefully' have some good increases in DX9 performance as well. Right now it doesn't make sense for me to upgrade my setup to a 7950GX2 simply because I want more video RAM (though it's tempting ;) ).

Rieper
08-30-06, 11:39 PM
What's more important, is when to expect games which actually take advantage of DX10...

PeterJensen
08-30-06, 11:54 PM
well RC1 of vista will release in about 2 weeks (Release candidate 1). The big resellers like Dell, Hp and IBM will get the Vista Pro version in Oktober/November so look for leaks about that time.
For consumers it should be out in Jan 07.
So one thing is sure, Intel will have there onboard (lol) DX10 board out before Oktober. That does not mean Nvidia or Ati will have it out, but i think they will release it a bit before Vista goes consumer retail.

Mr_LoL
08-31-06, 12:26 AM
What's more important, is when to expect games which actually take advantage of DX10...
Crysis to be released quarter 1 2007.

Riptide
08-31-06, 01:28 AM
Both ATI and Nvidia are way behind on driver releases. MS has released at least two builds since Beta2 and yet the drivers available are still several months old.

PeterJensen
08-31-06, 01:30 AM
Maybe they are not behind? I will bet you, there will be a new driver with RC1.
I'm guessing the G80 will be out in hmmm November :)

Riptide
08-31-06, 01:34 AM
They are probably not behind internally. However it is irritating that those of us who attempt to beta test the OS have to deal with the older driver revisions. They should already have released a more up to date driver revision IMO considering that several builds of the OS have been released in the interim.

jAkUp
08-31-06, 01:34 AM
Both ATI and Nvidia are way behind on driver releases. MS has released at least two builds since Beta2 and yet the drivers available are still several months old.

Yea the Vista drivers are pretty horrible, I thought they would be farther along by now. I believe there is still no SLI support.

Although, recently leaked beta drivers are improved somewhat, but most of them are still missing the NV Control Panel.

PeterJensen
08-31-06, 02:10 AM
I really hope for new nvidia and creative drivers for RC1. I plann on going Vista as primary system with RC1, just to learn.

Riptide
08-31-06, 09:25 AM
lol Creative? Be prepared for a wait.

nekrosoft13
08-31-06, 10:57 AM
[QUOTE=VISTREL]When do you think Directx10 compatible cards will be released ? QUOTE]

dx10 compatible cards are out already, almost everyone on this forum has one or two.

but dx10 capable cards will be out around vista release