PDA

View Full Version : nTune 5.00.11.06

rewt
08-30-06, 03:43 PM
Not sure of the changes in this version. Just started downloading it myself..

ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/nForce/nTune/5.00.11.06/

HighTest
08-30-06, 11:29 PM
Looks like an official release as they are up on the website now as well.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/ntune_5.00.11.06.html

I'm downloading them myself. I'll know tomorrow if they work well, which would be to solve the fan speed detection versus the previous version.

Here's hoping!

Riptide
08-31-06, 01:27 AM
Lame. Still no A8N32 support.

jabloomf1230
08-31-06, 07:50 PM
Okay, what does this mean and where do you find these files?

Support for the advanced features of the NVIDIA nTune requires vendor specific setup files that are not included with this package. Please contact your motherboard or system vendor for the correct files to enable this functionality.

I didn't see anything on the ASUS website.

HighTest
09-01-06, 01:13 PM
Sucks as much as the last one. For some reason all previous versions of nTUNE through 3.x supported my motherboard and provided correct readings for Fans and temps.

Ever since 5.x, it can't display any of this information and is now usesless to me. :thumbdwn:

HighTest
09-05-06, 01:50 PM
Just wanted to report that "uninstalling" ntune after a failed try at temps/fan speeds seems to be very risky.

In my case, I found that the Cool-n-Quiet support in XP somehow became borked and I had to turn it off to even boot. Next my dual-core support seemed to get borked as well as all my titles (games) started to crash and reboot the system.

After a full reformat and reinstall from "scratch" all is well again. :thumbdwn: