PDA

View Full Version : No 7900gtx Ot 7950gx2 For Evga Stepup Prog.

mike2h
08-30-06, 05:19 PM
evga is no longer allowing 7900gtx or 7950gx2 as part of their stepup prog.
i found this out the hardway by trying to stepup my 7900gtx to a 7950gx2 at their website. couldnt do it so called support. they told me these cards are no longer an option:mad:
they still have not posted anything on their website. wonder about all the cards out there in channel that have the stepup printed all over it like mine?

ATOJAR
08-30-06, 06:42 PM
wonder about all the cards out there in channel that have the stepup printed all over it like mine?

Wouldent that be classed as false advertising! this is against the law, they should at least give the stepup to people who bought there cards when the 7900gtx or 7950gx2's where in the stepup and have this printed on the box like mike, i would be pretty pissed off!

mike2h
08-30-06, 06:52 PM
that is pretty much how i feel about it. they have a discaimer on the wesite saying they can change the prog anytime without prior notice & that hry will let people know on their website.
as of right now there is nothing on the website & the mods & 1st tier support dont know about it.
i know it wishful thinking but i believe i(&anybody else) should be allowed to 'stepup' until they actually make it official.

Lazaredz
08-30-06, 07:08 PM
So what are you supposed to "step up" to if their top 2 cards are not available????

mike2h
08-30-06, 07:09 PM
that is what i was wondering.

CaptNKILL
08-30-06, 07:57 PM
Wow that sucks.

I did a stepup from a 7900GTX when the 7950 was released. They didnt seem to have any problems with it then.

If you really want to do an upgrade right now, you can probably sell your current card for a good price on ebay, and then buy a new card for well under the MSRP from an online store. You'll probably get a better deal than you would doing a stepup, it just wont be as "official".

jAkUp
08-30-06, 10:46 PM
The program is useful if you have a 7600GT card and wish to stepup to a 7900GT card.

Because the 7950GX2 is not available at this time does not mean that it will never be available, nor does it mean that flagship cards won't be available in the future.

Really, it comes down to inventory. There is just not enough 7950GX2 cards, the demand was much too high.

And, if you read it correctly, it says you will NOT be notified of any changes, you can see this in the terms and conditions:

EVGA retains the right to revoke or revise the EVGA Step-Up™ Service at will. If so, participants shall be informed through the EVGA website without notice of any such change.
http://evga.com/stepup/default.asp?switch=2

mike2h
08-31-06, 12:44 AM
it is not just the 7950x2 cards but the 7900gtx as well.
i think all the 7900gtx problems screwed them up as far as replacement/people saying scew it & upgrading that they ran short of supply & are having to say FU to their existing customers.

Xion X2
08-31-06, 08:20 AM
The program is useful if you have a 7600GT card and wish to stepup to a 7900GT card.

Because the 7950GX2 is not available at this time does not mean that it will never be available, nor does it mean that flagship cards won't be available in the future.

Really, it comes down to inventory. There is just not enough 7950GX2 cards, the demand was much too high.

Did they notify people of that last little bit of info you noted here, or did they just say "it's no longer available as a stepup"? Because if they only did the latter, then it seems like a pretty sh!tty practice to me. If it was printed on retail 7900GTX boxes that consumers could step up to a better card, that is.

I always love these "we reserve the right to change.. blah blah blah.. without any notice whatsoever.." campaigns. Gives a consumer the warm fuzzies inside.

jAkUp
08-31-06, 01:12 PM
There is an update now

Customers who have purchased their card on or before 8/15/06 will still be able to qualify for the step-up. Anyone who submits for a step-up with an invalid date will be denied at the invoice verification approval.

mike2h
08-31-06, 02:18 PM
evga just called me & as noted by jakup they are taking care of business!
think it is great how fast they responded & cleared this up!!!:)

mike2h
08-31-06, 05:52 PM
im in the stepup channel for a 7950gx2!(nana2)

Lazaredz
08-31-06, 06:25 PM
Good. I was looking at EVGA for my next purchase because of the step up program. Glad to see they have stuck by the spirt of the step up "agreement" instead of the letter.

:)